On our honeymoon we stayed at the Castle and it was fantastic. Shelley and Antonio (owners) were fantastic hosts. We were actually the last guest of the season before they closed up until the spring. Since the place was quiet they invited us to dinner one night and took us to a local place in the next town that ended up being one of our favorite restaurants all trip (Rome, Florence, Venice). No english was spoken so they helped us order. A few bottles of wine and 4 courses of food on top of their company and conversation is a part of the trip we won't forget. I'd like to go back and spend more than 2 nights there in the summer time. The pool area was great but it was Nov during our trip so typical fall weather. The region has so much to offer. We went with no plans and they gave us ideas for places to drive to in the region. Even provided some good restaurant recommendations for the second half of our time in Florence and Venice. 3/3 on their recommendations.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Delle Serre Hotel
- Castello Delle Serre Hotel Serre Di Rapolano
- Castello Delle Serre Serre Di Rapolano, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello delle Serre, a historical castle converted to B&B Hotel is located in the heart of Tuscany. The castle is just a short drive from all major points of interest, such as Chianti, Siena, Montalcino, Pienza, Arezzo, Cortona and Florence. The property functions as an upscale B&B, offering luxurious accommodations, all with a private bathroom, air conditioning, swimming pool, pool bar, stunning views and private parking. Breakfast is served daily and occasional dinners based on a minimum head count. We welcome you to come and experience sophisticated elegance. ... more less