“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the hotel and found it to be very nice. Clean and modern. No complaints. The kids loved the pool especially as it has shallow areas that they could play in and still have fun. It's about a 15 minute drive on the highway to Mirabel and is located around the corner from restaurants, grocery store, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Imperia Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comments.
I am verry happy you enjoyed your stay. We look foward to your next visit.

Please accept, the expression of my most humble greetings.

John Despard
Impéria hôtel & Suites
Saint-Eustache

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

As far as accommodations for a business trip I will strongly recommend this hotel! The location was ideal for my business in Boisbriand and was within a reasonable taxi fare from the airport. The restaurant and bar was fabulous with arguably one of the best steaks I've eaten, excellent & knowledgable staff and great selection of drinks. The hotel itself was stylish and very comfortable and whilst I've read other reviews identifying the staff for improvement I found them to be excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.
We look forward to your next stay and appreciate your business.

Please accept, the expression of my most humble greetings.

John Despard
Impéria hôtel & Suites
Saint-Eustache
Cape Breton Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Recently stayed at this hotel for 3 days , I was meeting up with my young son, and doing some different things in this particular area of Montreal.The Hotel was wonderful for a woman travelling on her own , I felt very safe and secure at all times...My room was very tastefully decorated and most important extremely clean!!!...The beds and pillows on the beds were awesome ...an extremely comfortable sleep.I cannot say enough about the staff they were very helpful with directions to the various places that I had to get to for meetings, also very sweet at helping my son and I make dining decisions in the area.Most definitely would recommend this hotel and would stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while attending my grandpa's funeral. There are not many hotels in this area, and this is definitely the nicest and newest of what's available. Hotel is easily accesible from hwy, free parking, free wi-fi and even has a computer and printer near the lobby that you could use for free. There is a nice modern restaurant inside the hotel that seems to attract alot of outside people (people not staying at the hotel). We ate breakfast there twice, and it was decent but very expensive. The room itself was nice, modern, very clean, comfortable beds. The kids enjoyed the pool, which is very tiny and oddly shaped - anymore than 5 people in the pool and it would be very squishy! Oh and I have to mention, they should increase their security because there was a very creepy, drunk man (probably wandered over from the bar) lurking around the pool, trying to talk to me and my kids (he wasn't there to swim), making me very uncomfortable, he was even talking about how he recently got out of prison! - I just felt very unsafe in the situation.

The big downside to this hotel is I found the staff to be incredibly rude! Both front desk staff and staff in the restaurant. Most staff I encountered spoke very little english and whenever I had a question, they acted as if I was bothering them. There were several times I tried to call down to the front desk and there was no answer.

Oh and be sure to check your credit card statements! About a month after our stay, (long after the room charge had gone through) there was a charge for around $20 on my credit card. I called the hotel and inquired about this and was told it was for in-room snack purchases, and she began to list the items that were missing from the snack basket. I told her I did not take anything from the snack basket, and demanded she refund the charge on my card. She agreed to, but did not apologize for the mistake.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Eustache hotels

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were frequent customers who stayed at this hotel when the ice machines did not work, the pool did not work, the air conditioning was noisy but this was the last straw. We booked a room and specifically requested two regular beds - guaranteed with a credit card one week prior to our stay. We arrived at the hotel only to discover that they could not accomodate our request because some guests decided to extend their stay. The front desk agent offered a room with one regular bed & a sofa bed for $10 less. Perhaps some clients would not mind sleeping on an uncomfortable sofa bed for a $10 reduction but we obviously had our reasons for requesting two regular beds. We had to cancel our travel plans and return home because the area was heavily booked up that weekend. We have tried to reach the manager to voice our complaint but he is always unavailable and won't return calls therefore, I have resorted to share my misadventure online to alert potential clients hoping they will avoid experiencing such an unfortunate event during their travel.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel late am to reconfirm.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I just can't get comfortable in this hotel. I selected it out of convenience to where i was going. I picture a good hotel somewhere you don't want to leave. The rooms are air tight and the ventilation is needed constantly but it makes noise.

This Hotel is for people who speak French first. If your first language is English i would recommend the West Island.

The location is nowhere near anywhere to walk to.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything excep the free paper and the cute desk girls.
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Good for what it is. This was the hotel reserved for guests of a wedding attended. The rooms are tidy and well appointed. Staff were helpful and cheerful. It was an expensive ride from Dorval Airport but keep in mind that there was lots of construction on the road.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Imperia Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!