“As good as it gets” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Carmarthenshire
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

If you are looking for quality and value for money, you MUST try the Bosun's locker near the top of the in New Quay.
Great sized portion's of great quality food. Friendly welcome plus,
Beautiful home made cakes and sweets, it really doesn't get any better.

Cardiff, Wales
“Great cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We often call in to this little gem when we are in the area. We have had lunch there which was excellent and on several other occasions have called in for coffee and cake. Highly recommended.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I've been to the Bosuns Locker on many occasion and have found that every time I visit, the service and food is excellent.
Jane & Brian are wonderful and very helpful, especially when dealing with my disabled mother.
The home-made cakes are fantastic and the meals superb!
If you are in the New Quay area, you just have to visit!

New Brighton
“The Cake Shop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I spent 6 months living in New Quay and me and one of the first things I noticed on the drive in was the inviting looking Bosun's Locker displaying a multitude of cakes. It did not take me long to convince my friends to visit and it soon became our regular Sunday treat!

The dark wood furniture and marine themed decor give it a homely, cosy feel, perfect to relax with a cup of coffee for an indefinite amount of time- which is a good thing because it may well take you a while to make your decision! There is always a wealth of home made cakes and deserts to choose from, from pastries and bread and butter pudding to formidable chocolate cakes! Apart from that they also have excellent lunch offers, baguettes, soups and of course their famous roast dinners. The portions are enormous across the board but never at the expense of quality!

The couple who run it are simply lovely, always welcoming, helpful and chatty and you can see just how much love and effort goes into this little cake shop!

The coffee is by far not the best I've ever had but it's decent and more than made up for by the beautiful cakes and the friendly atmosphere. It's one of the first places I return to anytime I'm in New Quay. They do close a bit on the early side (4:30 I believe) and are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays but seeing how all cakes are home made, I can see how they would want a bit of peace and quiet and certainly don't begrudge them that!

• Visited April 2012
Shropshire
“Fantastic place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Our B&B owners recommended this place for us and said they did 'home made everything'. They were right! We had the soup of the day and quiche with salads. Both were excellent. We really wanted to fit in some of the amazing cakes ... but were too full up :-(

As well as the food, we loved the homely and quirky atmosphere of the place, and the friendliness of the hosts. If we had been staying new New Quay for longer, we would most definitely have been back. Lovely place.