Staying at any of the properties owned by the Moricciani family is one of the best travel experiences we have had in Europe ...and we have travelled extensively. We agree with the traveller who wrote that it is tempting not to write a review because we're inclined to keep Casa Morcianni a secret but this family and the breathtaking countryside they live in deserve to be known. It is true what is said, "...you will arrive as guests, be treated as friends, and leave as family!"
There are many things we could comment on but we will focus on a few that truly are unique:
- Isabella's 'binders' and the work she has put into them to ensure that everything you need to know or could want to know to make your trip memorable is at your fingertips. Add to that the extensive list of options you are presented with upon your arrival - not to mention the fruit, veg and other delectables - and staying at Casa Moricciani is like having your own private concierge! Every activity or restaurant that she directed us to was magnificent.
- Through the various activities, we sampled fabulous wines, ate heavenly food, and met fascinating people whose knowledge and passion immersed us in the fabric of Val d'Orcia!
- The design and decor of the apartments and the gardens is like something out of Architectural Digest...and its incredibly clean. The view from the garden, and from most of the windows, reminds you why so many feel compelled to paint this landscape...wondrous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Moricciani is the perfect place to stay for independent travelers desiring to experience authentic Tuscany in refined luxury and style. The villa is truly a home — designed, furnished, and equipped with every comfort — and beckons you to come and live "the Tuscan life" in the picturesque village of Castelmuzio — a medieval town, just south of Siena, surrounded by the greatest Tuscan wines, foods, and sceneries, and yet itself undiscovered and waiting for you to enjoy its hidden pleasures. ... more less