It is difficult to add to all of the wonderful reviews I have read so far on Casa Moricciani but I will try. As several have noted, your visit starts well in advance of your actual trip with the fantastic planning and correspondence with Isabella on what you would like to experience during your time in this gorgeous section of Tuscany. We were travelling with at party of seven and rented the downstairs section of the villa along with one of the rooms upstairs. The villa itself is quite remarkable and everything is of the finest quality. We only stayed in Castelmuzio for three evenings but we had a fully planned time with highlights that included:
- the pasta making class and dinner at the family farm (not to be missed)
- a guided tour of Siena with Antonella, who was fantastic, followed by a great Tuscan lunch
- tours through various towns and villages throughout the region
- a private visit to a winery that included a light lunch and tasting
- a personal chef (Alessandro) who made a 5 hour feast for us the last evening at the villa
Overall the visit was fantastic and we wish we would have had more time but it was nice that the villa was available for a three day rent so that we could also spend several days in Rome (check out the Borgio Suites there). The one thing we would have changed was that we rented a larger van that could accommodate the entire group vs. two cars which would have worked out better with the narrow roads and hills of the area.
If you are looking for a first-class and truly Tuscan experience then this is the place. A 'thousand thanks' again Isabella and Carlo for your hospitality. We look forward to our next visit.
Gregory, Jennifer, Don, Connie, Jarrod, Tom & Jen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Moricciani is the perfect place to stay for independent travelers desiring to experience authentic Tuscany in refined luxury and style. The villa is truly a home — designed, furnished, and equipped with every comfort — and beckons you to come and live "the Tuscan life" in the picturesque village of Castelmuzio — a medieval town, just south of Siena, surrounded by the greatest Tuscan wines, foods, and sceneries, and yet itself undiscovered and waiting for you to enjoy its hidden pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Casa Moricciani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.