“Heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Moricciani

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castelmuzio
Casa Moricciani
Save Saved
You added Casa Moricciani to your Saves list
Via Gaetano Milanesi, 13, 53020 Castelmuzio, Italy   |
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Casa Moricciani for 3 nights and it was the absolute perfect place for our trip to Tuscany. From the time we made the booking, Isabela was so helpful giving us advise on how to get there and even referred us to a car hire company that would be willing to hire out a car on a Sunday (when all other car hire outlets are closed)

When we got into the apartment (Stelle Fisse), we felt like we were enveloped in pure luxury. The table in the kitchen had a basket of pasta, bread, jams, chocolate,a bottle of wine and fresh vegetables, ready for us to whip up a scrumtious italian meal.
The room itself was gorgeous with flowers and chocolates placed everywhere. There was enough space to move around and the bed was really comfortable.
My favourite part of the partment was the shower. With views of the Tuscan countryside and water hitting you from all 3 directions, it felt like a dream come true.
We were at the most amazing place on earth for our Tuscan vacation which I had often daydreamed about.

Isabela was always a text msg or phone call away and every need of ours was always fulfilled. But the true asset of Casa Moricciani is the amazing file binder that you find in your apartment which is crammed with different itineraries including gps co-ordinates, pictures of places and things you will see on your way, advice on the best restaturants to eat at along the way and even the best factory outlets to go shopping. This was like having our own tour guide with us and was inevaluable to our Tuscan experience.

We hope to visit Casa Moricciani in the near future where I am sure we will again be wrapped in Moricciani luxury!

Room Tip: I have not seen the other rooms but Stelle Fisse is perfect for a couple, very romantic indeed!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaMoricciani, Owner at Casa Moricciani, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear NC07,

What a beautiful review! Thank you, grazie!

Your comment about your favorite part being the shower made us smile. Every bedroom and every bathroom is totally unique. When we designed the villa, we put an enormous amount of thought into the bathrooms with the goal to make each one "a most pleasurable experience". The bathrooms have high tech features and precision in order to do just that. All of the showers have multiple features, and yet not two are identical: some have color therapy, some have fountains, some have side jets, etc. One includes a Jacuzzi bathtub. We know that on a vacation not that much time is spent in the shower/tub, but we wanted that time to be FANTASTIC. :-)

Thank you so much for adding your photos. I know how important it is for travelers to see a place through other traveler's eyes.

Grazie mille!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed in the bottom floor, two bedroom part of the house the week of 10/27 to 11/3. We selected in this home based on the tripadvisor reviews, the casamoricciani website and the positive impression we experienced in our initial contacts with Isabela.

Based on the tripadvisor reviews and the cost of the accomodation it would be entirely reasonable to have very high expectations. I hoped for the best and found it even better. The home was every bit as lovely as the pictures but I found Isabela and Carlo really go above and beyond in making your stay memorable and authentic. We loved making pasta and having dinner with them and their other guests. We visited the Etruscan tomb on their property and learned so much about the area from isabela on this tour. We followed the tours all week in her guide book which was incredible. I loved shopping at the coop and making dinner in the beautiful kitchen, enjoying Vincenzo and contucci they provided (sp?) every evening, the view...

I could go on and on but the other reviews say it even better. One of the comments said it is the
vacation you dream of but rarely realize. Thanks to both for our wonderful memories on this trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear NubbyRose12,

What you have written in your review is very meaningful to us. We know that to meet expectations is everything when it comes to our guests having a vacation that they will enjoy, remember, tell friends about, and perhaps may even return to experience again sometime in the future.

When Carlo and I decided to restore the villa and create a luxury stay, we pledged to each other to make it something unique, meaningful to our guests, and hopefully, a place to experience a vacation that would exceed our guests' expectations. And so, for this reason, you understand why we appreciate reading what you have written.

Thank you so very much for your stay with us and for your beautiful review,
Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

If I could, I would rate our experience at Casa Moricciani as better than excellent! Everything about our trip to Tuscany was perfect, and that was due in large part to Isabella and Carlo. In the planning stages of our trip, Isabella was so responsive and helpful. While in Tuscany, our every need was met. We relied on Isabella's recommendations of restaurants and sites to visit, and enjoyed every single one. The villa is beautiful, inside and out. One of the nicest places I've stayed. Isabella was available all week to answer questions and assist us with dinner reservations. And Carlo surprised us with breakfast two of the mornings we were there! Family night at the farmhouse is not to be missed. I lost my glasses in the villa on my last day there. Isabella found them, and mailed them promptly to me at no charge, and then followed up to make sure I received them. That is just one example of the excellent service and hospitality we received at Casa Moricciani. We will definitely return there, and I have already recommended the villa to many of my friends and family. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Patricia,

It was our pleasure to help you with your stay--before your arrival, during your stay, and even afterwards to reunite you with your glasses. :-)

Even though we tell many people not to worry so much about details prior to their arrival--we can help them with anything once they are here--it is also our aim to assist guests ahead of time, in order to meet their goals, give them peace about the upcoming trip, and ensure that they will experience what they wish.

Thank you for your kind review, and thanks so much for coming to stay at Casa Moricciani!
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was overall a most excellent vacation in Tuscany, largely due to our stay at this wonderful Casa. Isabel the owner was very easy to contact, efficient, thorough and honest. she made all the arrangements for our stay and various activities including the car rental. she was more a friend than a sales person with excellent practical advise. She also told us upfront that she would not be there during our visit. She should never have had any concerns about that. we were met by her friend Claudia and her husband Gary. They were professional, helpful and kind. I think we quickly became close friends. They were most knowledgeable about Tuscany and were extremely helpful in putting together plans for the day, getting us to our destination when lost etc. the restaurants they recommended were excellent.Most of all they are wonderful people whom we hope will remain friends.(I don't usually make a habit of this).
The house is fabulous, wonderful tasteful decor with real antiques.The bathrooms quite fit for an imperial roman visit. Very clean with daily maid service and laundry done twice a week. Every morning we received a basket of freshly baked bread and the fridge was well stocked beyond our expectations.Farm fresh eggs, wine from the Moricciani farm and other goodies were there in abundance. I was quite embarrassed by the families generosity. It will be very hard to stay at another hotel after this experience.Our entire family was quite overwhelmed by the place and especially with Claudia and Garys help, advice and friendship. We also visited the family farm which was quite an experience. Luciano and Laura gave us the tour and the wine sampling turned out to be a rather sumptuous breakfast.We are certainly going back.

Room Tip: Any room, cant go wrong
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marcobatuta,

Carlo and I loved reading your review so much, and are happy that you had such a wonderful Christmas holiday stay at Casa Moricciani. I enjoyed so much our communications prior to your arrival and was sad that we did not get to meet you in person because we, too, were on Christmas holiday in northern Italy to be with my family (Isabella). Thank heaven we had our good friends to welcome you --and we heard so much from them about your sweet, warm, and generous family when we returned. They also said they felt an instant friendship with you and look forward to future visits if that might be possible. Carlo and I certainly hope that you might return so that we can meet you in person!

Grazie mille for your kindness, your stay, and your beautiful review,
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was not our first trip to Italy, but by far, this was the the most memorable week. Isa and Carlo are indefatigable hosts whose purpose is to make each guest's experience the best possible. Their wealth of knowledge and attention to detail make daily adventures into the countryside sheer joy!
From Isa's BIG BLACK BOOK of suggestions and impeccable directions to the warm hospitality experienced in their home and at the farm, we felt pampered and appreciated. Let me not forget to mention the surprise visits by Carlo delivering mouth watering pastries for breakfast or the marvelous afternoon spent visiting local artisans...one of Isa's suggestions. We so adored the beautiful iron door matts at Casa Moricciani, and were able to send some home after meeting Giovanni at his blacksmith's bodega. Now we think fondly of our week in Castlemuzio, as we come and go from our home.
I lack sufficient superlative phrases to describe our experience...WOW, amazing, and exceeding all expectations are a good start..... Do we want to return? Absolutely!!

Room Tip: Casa Moricciani with it's views of Pienza, Montalcino, and Montepulciano is breathtaking.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear dencari,

That is wonderful that you have purchased the beautiful wrought iron door mat of Giovanni for your own home. His work is wonderful--and I will tell him that it brings you nice memories of your Tuscan vacation each time you return to your own home.

We thank you for your fantastic review--you really cannot imagine how happy we are to know that your stay exceeded your expectations. We hope you will return one day, and will decide to stay with us again--it would be our pleasure.

With many thanks and great appreciation,
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

From the moment we walked in a found a table and refrigerator full of goodies we knew we were in for a week of being spoiled. Such a lovely casa and the view from our room and even from the shower... was priceless. Isabella and Carlo were available if ever needed and we enjoyed participating the Dolce Vita with their other guests at their property Creatiole. A truly outstanding experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CasaMoricciani, Owner at Casa Moricciani, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear clmorrisok,

It is wonderful to read your review, and we thank you for posting it! It was a real treat for us to have you stay with us, and we were so happy when you extended your stay so we could be with you longer.

We hope you will return some day soon, and that you will be sure to come and see us.

Grazie mille,
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

There are many gushing reviews of Isabella and Carlo’s accommodations, but I will try to give you some additional perspective. We stayed in Casa Moricciani in Castelmuzio in the Primo Mobile apartment for 2 weeks in September (2 of the 9 weeks we spent in Italy). Of all our accommodations, this was the best and worth every penny.

The HOME is truly a home and decorated impeccably with a balance of old world materials and modern conveniences. I love to cook and enjoyed the chef’s kitchen (and having real chefs cook for us there as well). Everything is 5-star luxury, from the linens and furniture and comforts. The travel cot Isabella provided for my 2-year old son had the thickest mattress I had ever seen. She provided some children’s books as well.

The VIEWS are breathtaking. We enjoyed every breakfast and dinner on the lovely patio soaking in the amazing views of Pienza, Montepulciano, and Montalcino.

The VILLAGE is magical. The locals are friendly and active, the playground is a few minutes walk away, and the grocery store down some steps. Its proximity to Pienza (another wonderful town) is excellent. I’m a big Rick Steve’s fan, but I think he gives Pienza an inaccurate description. I would return here again and again.

The SERVICE is beyond compare. Daily “light” maid service was full service from my perspective. They washed our laundry a few times a week and returned them perfectly folded in baskets wrapped with ribbon. The cleanliness was over the top. Words cannot fully describe Isabella and Carlo. They are the most wonderful people welcoming you into their home and thinking of everything. Isabella has compiled an amazing binder of the area restaurants, sights, etc. and organizes weekly activities in which you must partake. We are not “big tour” people and Isabella went out of her way to arrange some private tours as well as wonderful larger events – we enjoyed all. The pici lesson will forever be with us. Carlo was extremely patient with my mediocre Italian and it was a highlight for our family when every other morning Carlo arrived with some pastry treats and I attempted to converse. Also, the olive oil tasting lesson was magnificent. Carlo is truly an exceptional professional olive oil taster. We learned so much and tested our olive oil skills in Sicily and nailed the blind tasting. We learned from the best. My son loved the tractor ride as well.

It’s very difficult to find all of these qualities in a single accommodation. You will truly experience the warmth of the Italian culture and it will be balanced based on your goals for your vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trina,

Carlo and I feel as though we have known you and your dear, sweet family for years--your two-week stay with us really gave us the chance to get to know and adore you, your parents, and your precious little boy. It was our pleasure to help you coordinate your stay in a way that was "just right" for your needs: sometimes with a private experience, other times with other guest, and sometimes also with our family. Your excellent travel skills and care of your family made it so easy to help you, including your Italian which Carlo really appreciated so much! You are truly a 5-star guest! ;-)

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review and posting online. Your perspective is very important to us because you were here for a long stay and really had the opportunity to experience so much of our life, the village, and the area. I feel quite certain that your review will be extremely helpful to others.

Please give your family our warmest regards and tell them that we enjoyed getting to know them so much.

With a thousand thanks and a big hug to all,
Isabella and Carlo

Been to Casa Moricciani? Share your experiences!