“A wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Moricciani

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castelmuzio
Casa Moricciani
Via Gaetano Milanesi, 13, 53020 Castelmuzio, Italy   |
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“A wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

If I could, I would rate our experience at Casa Moricciani as better than excellent! Everything about our trip to Tuscany was perfect, and that was due in large part to Isabella and Carlo. In the planning stages of our trip, Isabella was so responsive and helpful. While in Tuscany, our every need was met. We relied on Isabella's recommendations of restaurants and sites to visit, and enjoyed every single one. The villa is beautiful, inside and out. One of the nicest places I've stayed. Isabella was available all week to answer questions and assist us with dinner reservations. And Carlo surprised us with breakfast two of the mornings we were there! Family night at the farmhouse is not to be missed. I lost my glasses in the villa on my last day there. Isabella found them, and mailed them promptly to me at no charge, and then followed up to make sure I received them. That is just one example of the excellent service and hospitality we received at Casa Moricciani. We will definitely return there, and I have already recommended the villa to many of my friends and family. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CasaMoricciani, Owner at Casa Moricciani, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Patricia,

It was our pleasure to help you with your stay--before your arrival, during your stay, and even afterwards to reunite you with your glasses. :-)

Even though we tell many people not to worry so much about details prior to their arrival--we can help them with anything once they are here--it is also our aim to assist guests ahead of time, in order to meet their goals, give them peace about the upcoming trip, and ensure that they will experience what they wish.

Thank you for your kind review, and thanks so much for coming to stay at Casa Moricciani!

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was overall a most excellent vacation in Tuscany, largely due to our stay at this wonderful Casa. Isabel the owner was very easy to contact, efficient, thorough and honest. she made all the arrangements for our stay and various activities including the car rental. she was more a friend than a sales person with excellent practical advise. She also told us upfront that she would not be there during our visit. She should never have had any concerns about that. we were met by her friend Claudia and her husband Gary. They were professional, helpful and kind. I think we quickly became close friends. They were most knowledgeable about Tuscany and were extremely helpful in putting together plans for the day, getting us to our destination when lost etc. the restaurants they recommended were excellent.Most of all they are wonderful people whom we hope will remain friends.(I don't usually make a habit of this).
The house is fabulous, wonderful tasteful decor with real antiques.The bathrooms quite fit for an imperial roman visit. Very clean with daily maid service and laundry done twice a week. Every morning we received a basket of freshly baked bread and the fridge was well stocked beyond our expectations.Farm fresh eggs, wine from the Moricciani farm and other goodies were there in abundance. I was quite embarrassed by the families generosity. It will be very hard to stay at another hotel after this experience.Our entire family was quite overwhelmed by the place and especially with Claudia and Garys help, advice and friendship. We also visited the family farm which was quite an experience. Luciano and Laura gave us the tour and the wine sampling turned out to be a rather sumptuous breakfast.We are certainly going back.

Room Tip: Any room, cant go wrong
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marcobatuta,

Carlo and I loved reading your review so much, and are happy that you had such a wonderful Christmas holiday stay at Casa Moricciani. I enjoyed so much our communications prior to your arrival and was sad that we did not get to meet you in person because we, too, were on Christmas holiday in northern Italy to be with my family (Isabella). Thank heaven we had our good friends to welcome you --and we heard so much from them about your sweet, warm, and generous family when we returned. They also said they felt an instant friendship with you and look forward to future visits if that might be possible. Carlo and I certainly hope that you might return so that we can meet you in person!

Grazie mille for your kindness, your stay, and your beautiful review,
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was not our first trip to Italy, but by far, this was the the most memorable week. Isa and Carlo are indefatigable hosts whose purpose is to make each guest's experience the best possible. Their wealth of knowledge and attention to detail make daily adventures into the countryside sheer joy!
From Isa's BIG BLACK BOOK of suggestions and impeccable directions to the warm hospitality experienced in their home and at the farm, we felt pampered and appreciated. Let me not forget to mention the surprise visits by Carlo delivering mouth watering pastries for breakfast or the marvelous afternoon spent visiting local artisans...one of Isa's suggestions. We so adored the beautiful iron door matts at Casa Moricciani, and were able to send some home after meeting Giovanni at his blacksmith's bodega. Now we think fondly of our week in Castlemuzio, as we come and go from our home.
I lack sufficient superlative phrases to describe our experience...WOW, amazing, and exceeding all expectations are a good start..... Do we want to return? Absolutely!!

Room Tip: Casa Moricciani with it's views of Pienza, Montalcino, and Montepulciano is breathtaking.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear dencari,

That is wonderful that you have purchased the beautiful wrought iron door mat of Giovanni for your own home. His work is wonderful--and I will tell him that it brings you nice memories of your Tuscan vacation each time you return to your own home.

We thank you for your fantastic review--you really cannot imagine how happy we are to know that your stay exceeded your expectations. We hope you will return one day, and will decide to stay with us again--it would be our pleasure.

With many thanks and great appreciation,
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

From the moment we walked in a found a table and refrigerator full of goodies we knew we were in for a week of being spoiled. Such a lovely casa and the view from our room and even from the shower... was priceless. Isabella and Carlo were available if ever needed and we enjoyed participating the Dolce Vita with their other guests at their property Creatiole. A truly outstanding experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CasaMoricciani, Owner at Casa Moricciani, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear clmorrisok,

It is wonderful to read your review, and we thank you for posting it! It was a real treat for us to have you stay with us, and we were so happy when you extended your stay so we could be with you longer.

We hope you will return some day soon, and that you will be sure to come and see us.

Grazie mille,
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

There are many gushing reviews of Isabella and Carlo’s accommodations, but I will try to give you some additional perspective. We stayed in Casa Moricciani in Castelmuzio in the Primo Mobile apartment for 2 weeks in September (2 of the 9 weeks we spent in Italy). Of all our accommodations, this was the best and worth every penny.

The HOME is truly a home and decorated impeccably with a balance of old world materials and modern conveniences. I love to cook and enjoyed the chef’s kitchen (and having real chefs cook for us there as well). Everything is 5-star luxury, from the linens and furniture and comforts. The travel cot Isabella provided for my 2-year old son had the thickest mattress I had ever seen. She provided some children’s books as well.

The VIEWS are breathtaking. We enjoyed every breakfast and dinner on the lovely patio soaking in the amazing views of Pienza, Montepulciano, and Montalcino.

The VILLAGE is magical. The locals are friendly and active, the playground is a few minutes walk away, and the grocery store down some steps. Its proximity to Pienza (another wonderful town) is excellent. I’m a big Rick Steve’s fan, but I think he gives Pienza an inaccurate description. I would return here again and again.

The SERVICE is beyond compare. Daily “light” maid service was full service from my perspective. They washed our laundry a few times a week and returned them perfectly folded in baskets wrapped with ribbon. The cleanliness was over the top. Words cannot fully describe Isabella and Carlo. They are the most wonderful people welcoming you into their home and thinking of everything. Isabella has compiled an amazing binder of the area restaurants, sights, etc. and organizes weekly activities in which you must partake. We are not “big tour” people and Isabella went out of her way to arrange some private tours as well as wonderful larger events – we enjoyed all. The pici lesson will forever be with us. Carlo was extremely patient with my mediocre Italian and it was a highlight for our family when every other morning Carlo arrived with some pastry treats and I attempted to converse. Also, the olive oil tasting lesson was magnificent. Carlo is truly an exceptional professional olive oil taster. We learned so much and tested our olive oil skills in Sicily and nailed the blind tasting. We learned from the best. My son loved the tractor ride as well.

It’s very difficult to find all of these qualities in a single accommodation. You will truly experience the warmth of the Italian culture and it will be balanced based on your goals for your vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trina,

Carlo and I feel as though we have known you and your dear, sweet family for years--your two-week stay with us really gave us the chance to get to know and adore you, your parents, and your precious little boy. It was our pleasure to help you coordinate your stay in a way that was "just right" for your needs: sometimes with a private experience, other times with other guest, and sometimes also with our family. Your excellent travel skills and care of your family made it so easy to help you, including your Italian which Carlo really appreciated so much! You are truly a 5-star guest! ;-)

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review and posting online. Your perspective is very important to us because you were here for a long stay and really had the opportunity to experience so much of our life, the village, and the area. I feel quite certain that your review will be extremely helpful to others.

Please give your family our warmest regards and tell them that we enjoyed getting to know them so much.

With a thousand thanks and a big hug to all,
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I don't know where to start, what a magical place - we stayed in Setimo Cielo (part of Casa Moricciani) in the village of Castelmuzio (great location, close to a lot of little hill towns, we even walked to the village of Pietro one morning for breakfast), from the moment we arrived in Pienza where Carlo met us and took us to our apartment to helping us when we checked out....every bit of detail was taken care of - we had a fresh fruit and vegetable basket at arrival including some pasta, home made jam etc. etc and two mornings we even got fresh pastries delivered to our door (now that's service and I have to mention the laundry service twice a week, I felt like a queen!). - the apartment is decorated in the most incredible antiques plus fabulous linens and the travel guide book that Isa put together and the morning of orientation where you can sign up for activities, she thought of every detail (this woman is Amazing!!!!!!) - the planned activities were fantastic, the guides were very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Loved the Pici pasta making class and dinner at Creatole and don't forget Carlo's dad Luciano - another amazing part of the family, serving us his fabulous house wine, vin santo and cured meats as well as piecorino cheeses. I can on and on, because this was the best part of our stay in Italy for sure. We will be back and tell friends and family to come visit your little piece of paradise! Grazie!!

Room Tip: Our apartment was very quiet and private even though we had neighbors next door.
Ciao Danell,

We love your words describing your experience: fairytale and magical We love these because we have really hoped to create a place where our guests can relax with comfort and beauty and services in a place that is so beautiful that it may seem "out of this world" and yet feel at home at the same time. It would please us so much to have your friends and family come to visit; please know that we will treat them with every kindness possible.

Thank you for writing such a beautiful review for us.

With warmest regards and many thanks,
milford CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have never met a more passionate woman than Isabella and feel honored that she and her husband Carlo welcomed us into their "Tuscan Life" with such enthusiasm and genuine kindness. The property is amazing! When we arrived, Carlo met us in Pienza and we followed him about 8 km to Castelmuzio, a small town with 200 people. Isabella was waiting for us at our apartment (Settimo Cielo), put her arm around me and led me into the apartment while telling me to "leave the luggage for the men". I knew we were off to a good start! The apartment is overflowing with Tuscan charm. The kitchen table is full of baskets with cheeses, meats, bread, wine, fresh garden vegetables and fruits, baked goods, honey, jam. The view was spectacular! The bathroom stunning, stocked with high end products for me to sample. I felt as if I had stepped into a photo shoot. We enjoyed a visit to the family farm where we met Lucciano, Carlo's father. He is an incredibly proud and charming man, patriarch of a traditional hard-working family. We got to know him better on a few other occasions during the week, including the mid-week pasta dinner, when Isabella taught us how to make the "pici", the regional pasta. Carlo grilled up huge platters of meats and 30 of us sat down together and shared a memorable meal. We will never forget our experience in this beautiful part of Italy thanks to Isabella and her family. We hope to return one day to share it with our children and grandson. Karen and Frank Petrucci

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms...if you are lucky enough to stay here, you are lucky enough!
Dear Karen and Frank,

Your review was so beautiful that it brought a tear to my eye and a tug on my heart to read your sweet words. It was our pleasure, truly, to have you stay with us. You are both so genuine and kind, and Carlo and I appreciated so much everything you did for us--your warmth and openness was a treasure and we thank you more than you can imagine.

We hope that one day you will return with your family so that we can see you again.

With our warmest regards and a thousand thanks,
Isabella and Carlo

Been to Casa Moricciani? Share your experiences!