I've been there twice. Had my reasons for booking this hotel each time. I suggest that you book it only if u have same reasons. First time I went with friends(all guys). Quite obviously we were on a budget :) Hadn't pre-booked anywhere, saw this guesthouse, found it OK, booked it. Liked our stay there. Second time I went with my wife and another couple(who were on a budget). I knew the hotel was decent enough so booked it.
1. Very friendly owners. Fayaz, Sahera and the whole family is great. They even invited us to Kashmir(their home town)
2. Great place for meeting new friends, for long conversations with total strangers.
3. Great views from room.
4. Location is good, away from noise but still close to everything.
5. Awesome green tea.
1. Moisture in rooms (guess that's true for any guesthouse in a hill station)
2. One of the "walls" in the room is glass, so only layer of privacy is a shabby and translucent curtain(which was not much of a problem when ours was an all guys tour, but an embarrassment if you're a couple).
3. Service can be slow, you may have to call 2-3 times before someone brings you the bottle of water you ordered.
4. Same for cleaning.
5. You can hear adjoining room's conversations in your bathroom(and quite clearly...)
6. No towels, soap, toothpaste.
Average guest house. Go if you're an all-guys group looking for a decent room on a budget. Certainly not for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Happy People, a cozy place and ahomelike atmosphere!All you need for a perfect andmemorable stay, you will find it here,at our little place with a big heart! ... more less