“Bogmollo go go go !!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bogmalo
New Delhi, India
“Bogmollo go go go !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

A reasonable place with a private beach! The food must be improved thought we enjoyed our stay ! The casino was also an added attraction ! Value for money but not too elite !! Also it is just 5 minutes from the airport which is a plus point !

Room Tip: The property is not too spread out but we had a beach / sea facing room which is highly alluring !!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Sadana M, General Manager at Bogmallo Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

it was an honor and a privilege having you staying with us during your recent visit to Goa.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on our facilities and services. This goes a long way in helping us identify areas that need improvement and our immediate attention.

We regret you had a cause to complain regarding our food quality. Pleased be assured that your food comment has been noted and Chef appraised of the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Bogmallo Beach Resort in the near future and assure you of our best services at all times.

Team Bogmallo Beach Resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have stayed here three times and you might wonder why if I'm now writing a bad review. I was married at this hotel in 2011. It was then that I made a decision to try this hotel one last time before I reviewed it.

My wedding did not go to plan at all. It ran smoothly only because my guests had no idea, but the hotel staff, the set up etc, let me down badly.

I've just returned from two weeks in Goa. I used the faciities here as we had some family staying there. They have reviewed the rooms as being less than acceptable and I can safely say that the poolside and the sunbeds are just disgusting. There's bird poo everywhere. The pool has a thin film which can only have been created by oils and suncreams and there are dead insects floating about it in. The poolside staff are so unfriendly it's untrue. The bar staff give you bills for drinks you haven't had.

The only thing I like about this place is the entrance and the view of the beach you get as soon as you come in to the hotel.

The problem I have is that they say they are a 5* hotel. I cant understand this AT ALL. At best it's a 3*. The Park Hyatt, where my brother just got married, is a 5* and that should be a 6*. Bogmalo really need to go and see what 5* actually means and train their staff up to ensure that they act like they work in a 5* establishment.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room and go and see it before you take the key.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sadana M, General Manager at Bogmallo Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

we are pleased to note the you are happy with our services. however, we regret you had a cause to complain regarding rooms and pool side facilities. please be assured that your complaint has been looked into.

we look forward to welcoming you back to Bogmallo Beach Resort in the near future and assure you of our best services at all times.

Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

First the positives.....
1) location, location, location.
2) basically a good structure - rooms, lobby, pool etc, but surely needs an overall renovation and soon
3) staff overall quite good and eager to help (front office though needs to be taught to smile and reminded they work in the hospitality industry)
Negatives
1) very very average food (though breakfast is fine). Avoid all meals package; good restaurants at a minutes walk.
2) front office will not offer to help - its their way or none. Very inflexible in room selection, early check in, late checkout irrespective of occupancy / guest arriva l status
3) read the fine print- superior room means no balcony, panjim city trip means bus stand not market etc etc
4) no 3G coverage in / around the hotel and poor wifi.

And btw, the entire hotels phone network (internal) was down all the four days we were there. So walk down for every order/ request to room service, housekeeping, reception.

Room Tip: Clarify whether superior room or deluxe. Ensure you get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kochi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am not sure if the scrutinizing panel at Tripadvisor.com will let this review pass but I thought if it does go through then I need to let the world know of my experience of a stay I had planned with my family.

From the contact us page of the hotel's website I got two email addresses for getting in touch with reservation related queries. These were resvn@bogmallobeachresort.com and virender@bogmallobeachresort.com. I sent a mail to both these Email IDs with my proposed itinerary hoping someone will get back to me. @4 hours later I got a mail from a totally unrelated email ID info@realindiaexpeditions.com stating that such and such were the rates from my travel dates.

So when I called the Hotel in Goa (and spoke with Mr Francis) I was told that he did not know who realexpeditions.com were and urged me to speak with Mr Virender. Try hard as I may I could never get Mr Virender to answer his phone.

A day later I sent in one more email requesting the hotel to respond to my request and still nothing. On the same day that I sent the second Email, I also tried calling the landline numbers of the hotel several times. Not once was it answered.

So that has been my experience with my booking to stay at this hotel. The stay ended even before it could start. I have stayed in some very good hotels and some not so good ones. But NEVER have I experienced anything like this where the hotel staff refuse to respond.

I cannot fathom why the hotel puts up so many contact numbers and multiple Email IDs if they cannot respond promptly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pune, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The rooms are great and spacious . They also have a small balcony to sit and enjoy your tea , coffee and drinks in the evening. The room service is good but not much starters. The buffee is excellent though not too much variety but what they offer is quality food . Good Goan delicacies are also offered . The swimming pool is of decent size and have a bar outside the pool but closer to the pool.Nice bar in Reception area and we enjoyed their different cocktails as well as mocktails Good arrangement for travelling to Panjim for shopping.

Room Tip: All rooms are beach facing.preferably select middle rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on our facilities and services. this goes a long way in helping us identify areas that need improvement and our immediate attention.

We were happy to note that you found the services of our hotel excellent. We have also noted your suggestions on the starters.

Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed here for a week in November, the staff are polite, the rooms are spacious and clean and if you get a sea facing room the views are to die for! Not much to do outside of the hotel but there are some nice restaurants near by and the hotel is right on bog mallo beach!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments about our staff and view from the rooms.

With Regards

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Was there as a group and ended up extending my personal vacation by a day.
The good stuff first
1. Good location - about a 30 minute drive from the airport, on the beach and a couple of nice shacks nearby
2. Food quality is good - sausages can be better
3. Nice room service with responsive people
4. Well stocked bar
5. Good check in and out experience

The can be better
1. More activities for toddlers and kids
2. Bidets please - people tend to be sensitive in certain areas
3. 24 hour open pool

Travelled with friends and kids.

Room Tip: Look for a room higher up - the views are better and having the balcony only makes sense then
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We were happy to note that you found the services of our hotel excellent to a large extent. We have taken into consideration your suggestions about the activities for kids and the pool.

Team Bogmallo Beach Resort

Been to Bogmallo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!