“Stunning Views, fabulous hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pine Lodge

Pine Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaiteriteri
Pine Lodge
You added Pine Lodge to your Saves list
D'urville Way | off Cederman Drive Kaiteriteri Height, Kaiteriteri 7197 , New Zealand   |
Marlborough New Zealand
“Stunning Views, fabulous hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

We have just returned from a wonderful one night stay with Sheila and Bill of Pine Lodge and could not have been spoilt more. Our room was beautiful as was their entire home which housed some amazing antiques and a fantastic mineral display.The views from our room and the lounge were absolutely breathtaking and overlooked the bays around Kaiteriteri, across to Nelson. Sheila cooked us a delicious dinner and we spent a wonderfully relaxed evening with them. Breakfast was a delight and again we enjoyed the stunning views. Sheila and Bill are very warm friendly hosts and nothing is too much trouble - we will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for three nights, at the end of a 4 week trip around New Zealand. It would be one of he more memorable stay in this beautiful country! We we're welcomed by Sheila and Bill with a cup of coffee and some home-made cake. And this was only the beginning of their hospitality! The B&B is excellent located in the Abel Tasman-area.
We stayed in the Abel Tasman suite. The bathroom was located next to the room, but in our room were bathrobes and the bathroom is for your private use only, so we didn't botter. In the room you have coffee and tea-making facilities and there is enough space for your luggage and clothes. We had also a private lounge and a private deck. I enjoyed to read in the beautiful garden.
The breakfast is excellent, all with fresh products: home-made bread (yummie), fresh fruits (changed daily), cheeses, hams, cereals and jams. We had breakfast in the sun one morning, with a stunning view of the sea. What a place to start your day! In the evening, after the adventure of sea kayak, we we're welcomed by Sheila and Bill with a glass of excellent New Zealand wine and canapes.
Sheila and Bill are nice hosts and we enjoyed talking to them about architecture (they have a beautiful new rental home, just across the street) and about the many collections of Bill. They also do their utterly best to make reservations for restaurants, for activities and they give you tips what to see and what to do. We certainly recommend this B&B! Many thanks again, Bill and Sheila!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights and were made so welcome, and looked after so well, that we wished we could have stayed longer.

The house is beautifully appointed and the views, particularly from the guest lounge and patio, are stunning. We had a suite of rooms (bedroom, lounge and spacious bathroom) at the rear which, while not having a door to the suite, were in their own “wing”. The lounge unfortunately didn’t have a view, but was comfortable to sit in early and late in the day; while the bedroom had patio doors into the garden with another superb view.

As there are no nearby restaurants, we took advantage of the option to be cooked for on one evening and had a delicious meal. Breakfasts each day were excellent with a good range including a choice of something cooked.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Advance,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Pine Lodge in mid-April, 2009 while on a three week vacation to New Zealand. Pine Lodge is an outstanding bed and breakfast. The house is in a beautiful setting on a hillside above the Tasman Sea and is spacious and beautifully decorated with antiques. Shelia and Bob are wonderful hosts. Shelia greeted us each evening with wine and "nibbles" and offerred helpful suggestions on dining and traveling in the area. Breakfasts were varied and delicious. The house is ideally located for quick access to Abel Tasman National Park by water taxi.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

While on a trip to Thailand I had some spare time to seek another vocational trip.I decided to go to the South Island of New Zealand.I checked out the locations and booked a 8 day holiday to the what turned out to be the Superb Boutique Pine Lodge owned by the hosts Sheila and Bill Crieghton in Kaiteriteri.
I was met at the airport in Nelson approx 1 hour away by car.On the way to Pine Lodge we traveled through some very beautiful country side.Upon arrival at Pine Lodge in the hosts very comfortable car I was stunned by the entire area and my new home for the next 8 days fantastic.
On my first morning the gourmet breakfast was enough to last me till the eveneing meal.I left after breakfast in the car I hired from the hosts.Sheila asked me what I would like to have for my dinner and what time I would like to eat it I replied I would love to experience some home cooked New Zealand lamb.I set off with no route in mind.The area around is so lovely with walks beaches and stuning scenery everywhere I could not go anywhere that did not impress.My first day just passed so quick and soon I arrived back at Pine Lodge about 5.30pm to be asked if 6-30 OK for dinner spot on I replied.A wash and brush up a chat to the co host Bill about his amazeing colection of display world wide minerals within the Lodge and then dinner.
Wow the roast lamb dinner with all the trimings fresh mint sauce and a superb bottle of New Zealands Merlot wine apple pie and a selection of New Zealand cheese made my day complete.What a great chef Sheila is.After dinner I took a short walk down to the beach and a stroll along to get my dinner digested before retireing to bed.
I awoke next morning after a beautiful sleep in a most comfortable bed and room.A delightful 20 minutes in the ensuite spa bath and then another gormet breakfast.After my 8 nights gone I was so sad to leave this heavenly Pine Lodge.I paid my very reasonable account and Bill took me back to the Nelson Airport for my return trip sad to leave,I shall return.

• Liked — Space & Comfort
  • Disliked — Not been able to stay longer as there was so much to do.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

This holiday my husband and I undertook was our first time in New Zealand. What a way to start!
Pine lodge is a lovely place to stay and the hosts Bill and Sheila have given us the warmest welcome. Especially Sheila's cooking is not to be missed.
Not only is Pine Lodge beautiful but the surrounding landscape as well. At the front of the house the views are across the bay and at the back over the hills. One of the last days of our stay it had snowed on the hilltops and it was a truly amazing sight. Especially if you are lying on the beach!!
If we would be so lucky to return to NZ we would definitely go to stay at Pine Lodge.
As we say in Dutch to Bill and Sheila 'dank je wel en tot de volgende keer' (thanks and untill next time).
Karolien and Niek

• Liked — location and care of hosts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

our stay at pine lodge at little Kaiteriteri (Near Motueka and the Abbel tasman) was marvellous. the views from the lodge are superb and the hosts bill and sheila A.1. warm, friendly and very helpful. we thoroughly recommend this venue and will return

Pauline and Ernie Ray
Cockermouth
Cumbria
UK

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pine Lodge? Share your experiences!