“Meeting at de palma” 2 of 5 stars
Review of De Palma Hotel Ampang

Save Saved
You added De Palma Hotel Ampang to your Saves list
De Palma Hotel Ampang
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Selaman 1/2, Palm Square, Ampang Point, Ampang 68000, Malaysia (Formerly De Palma Ampang)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Ampang
Bandar Baru Bangi, Malaysia
“Meeting at de palma”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not a good place to do ur meeting.banquet service is very low. Food for dinner is bad . No selection. Lots of trainees around. Lacking of supervising. Do not take the syariah package. Just a waste of money

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

i've booked islamic room but they had given me a junior suite for my family. Really good room with great space for a family. The staff are all very good. Keep it up guys

• Stayed June 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel provides nice surau with full time imam that makes you feel as you are at home. Rooms provided with dates and raisins, plus halal food in the restaurants.

Room Tip: the higher the better, as this hotel lcated very close to the busy road sometimes traffic sound pene...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

De palma is a good hotel specially for muslims. Clean and tidy . I think its islamic concept has made some people to give untrue and unfair reviews about this hotel.

Stayed August 2011
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

This is an Islamic hotel so you get to hear the azan if you are in one of the Islamic floors. The rooms and service are exactly what you get for the price you pay. It is located very close to ampang point and there are a lot of food outlets nearby. But if you plan to go into town there are no nearby LRT's. As a choice, unless I have business in this part of town I won't stay here.

• Stayed January 2012
malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

De Palma is one of the hotels in Kuala Lumpur with the Islamic concept. As a Muslim, I find the hotel to very accommodating not just to Muslims but to all races and religion. The staff were very polite and always helpful. I stayed there for 3 nights and the food was fabulous. The hotel is also situated near the shopping mall such as Ampang City and Ampang Point where I can get almost everything from food to clothing..

Room Tip: Get a room facing the shopping mall, nice view..
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Before I went to stay at this hotel I did some research and you can guess where I looked at, Trip Advisor of course! and GOSH!! 90% negative reviews!! I wanted to request for my company to change the lodging venue. I did not want to be stuck there for 2 nights!! However, it was impossible to make the changes. So sadly I packed my bags and went over, fearing what might befall me on those 3 days. To cut the long story short, I did not really had a BAD experience which is described by the rest of the reviewers here. Staffs were helpful and they smiled as I entered. Although I admit that it took me some time to get myself checked in. Food was mainly Malay cuisine bt it was better than average. I especially liked Goreng-goreng Kak Yah and the pisang goreng with cheese! I haven't seen pisang goreng with cheese before and my colleagues liked it too. Interesting.. Okay, about the rooms, basic amenities are really basic but well, it doesn't really affect me as I always bring my own toiletries when I travel. I was able to sleep throughout the night with no trouble maybe because I was too worn out from work. any how, I'm quite satisfied with the service provided, except for the obvious lack of staff at the front office which caused me to wait a long time to check in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to De Palma Hotel Ampang? Share your experiences!