“Hotel with an Islamic Concept” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De Palma Hotel Ampang

Save Saved
You added De Palma Hotel Ampang to your Saves list
De Palma Hotel Ampang
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Selaman 1/2, Palm Square, Ampang Point, Ampang 68000, Malaysia (Formerly De Palma Ampang)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Ampang
malaysia
“Hotel with an Islamic Concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

De Palma is one of the hotels in Kuala Lumpur with the Islamic concept. As a Muslim, I find the hotel to very accommodating not just to Muslims but to all races and religion. The staff were very polite and always helpful. I stayed there for 3 nights and the food was fabulous. The hotel is also situated near the shopping mall such as Ampang City and Ampang Point where I can get almost everything from food to clothing..

Room Tip: Get a room facing the shopping mall, nice view..
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Before I went to stay at this hotel I did some research and you can guess where I looked at, Trip Advisor of course! and GOSH!! 90% negative reviews!! I wanted to request for my company to change the lodging venue. I did not want to be stuck there for 2 nights!! However, it was impossible to make the changes. So sadly I packed my bags and went over, fearing what might befall me on those 3 days. To cut the long story short, I did not really had a BAD experience which is described by the rest of the reviewers here. Staffs were helpful and they smiled as I entered. Although I admit that it took me some time to get myself checked in. Food was mainly Malay cuisine bt it was better than average. I especially liked Goreng-goreng Kak Yah and the pisang goreng with cheese! I haven't seen pisang goreng with cheese before and my colleagues liked it too. Interesting.. Okay, about the rooms, basic amenities are really basic but well, it doesn't really affect me as I always bring my own toiletries when I travel. I was able to sleep throughout the night with no trouble maybe because I was too worn out from work. any how, I'm quite satisfied with the service provided, except for the obvious lack of staff at the front office which caused me to wait a long time to check in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed in the hotel for business purposes, I was surprise by the clean and elegant lobby, I was greeted by smiles when I approach the reception. Check-in was efficient and fast. I was put on the 6th floor which was Islamic concept. For the Muslims you will not miss your prayers as we can hear the Imam azan. The surau was spacious and comfortable and was told by the Imam that they held Friday prayers here, they do have swimming pool facilities. The food at both F & B outlet was fantastic particularly I enjoyed the goreng-goreng at the entrance of Rumbia Coffee House. The staff at the F & B outlets are friendly too. I feel as though I stayed in a 4 star hotel although it is a 3 star hotel. Bravo to the chef as they take time to ask the guest on the food prepared

Room Tip: Stay on the Islamic Floor as it is very comfortable
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was following my wife to the hotel because she was the program coordinator. And the disaster came in because on the day it was scheduled a BERSIH rally for the next day. And so many police and trucks can be seen as a hellfire. We got stucked in jam for almost 2 hours. What my concern is that we were given a room below another room which is under renovation. And the carpet full of mist and dust, the furniture seems to be from 1990's and it is very small.

Room Tip: please choose the higher rooms since they were renovating from the upper until lower, so I think it...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
seremban
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have been to this hotel about five years ago. When I was informed I will be going there again in August 2011, my heart sank because memories of basic amenities and unappetizing food served came to mind!
When I arrived at the hotel, I encountered parking problem; had to park illegally at first just to check in. But managed to park after waiting in the car for about 20 minutes.
Then the second unpleasant encounter - had to wait for such a long time to check in; no welcome greetings from hotel staff. One of my friends was given a room which was already occupied! She panicked and rushed to the lobby to inform the staff, no apology was given.
Food served was slightly better than 5 years ago but still of low quality and variety. Fish served was not fresh, soup was just too salty to swallow and condiments for porridge were just so limited.
Hotel staff is not friendly enough to be in this service industry.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Jakarta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

My brother and I were staying there for 5N/6D because of my adopted brother wedding. The hotel very dirty, very old carpet at room, no bathtub, there was cockroach at room and restaurant (my last breakfast i saw the cockroach walking around the sugar bowl while I wanna took a glass of tea coz self service). Hotel Amenities very low standard, shampoo and shower gel only sachets even at sweet rooms they gave the same very cheap amenities no botol shamppoo and shower gel.

We had same breakfast everyday, coz the hotel didn't change breakfast menu. On my last day, when I asked for omellete, the staff with unfriendly answer said: "no egg today" Almost all guests complaints with this hotel room and services.

• Stayed October 2010
malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

OMG.......
what kind of hotel is this, i cant sleep although in couple of minute........
because there's a lot of disruption just like ANT......

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to De Palma Hotel Ampang? Share your experiences!