“Don't go there” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
“Don't go there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Drive several hours after checking their hours on their website only to find a handwritten sign saying closed for a couple of hours even though people were inside eating. Rude staff. On the phone when we called for explanation. Will NEVER try to eat here again

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Calgary, Canada
“Great Place to Eat in the Crowsnest Pass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I always eat here when I am in the Crowsnest Pass. I like the fish and chips and also the pizza. It does get busy sometimes so you might have to wait a couple minutes, but this is not Mc Donald's
Overall Excellent!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lethbridge
“The Views Make Popiel’s Worth A Try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family & I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times and have also had take outs. The pizza is good and I’ve always enjoyed their Schnitzel. They have dinner specials which can be good value as the entrees come with soup or salad, potatoes, seasonal vegetables and usually a dessert. Some menu offerings seem a bit pricey to me but the service is good and the atmosphere pleasant. Dining here can be most enjoyable if you get a table by the window. I just love the mountain views and now Popiel’s has two gorgeous outdoor, glassed-in patios. When the weather is good, it is worth paying a few extra dollars just for the incredible view…….go and see for yourself.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hinton, Canada
“Don't even bother...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We lived here for many years before we had to move, and this restaurant was always a must. Unfortunately, it was sold last year and now it is awful! We came into town after a long drive, (9 hours), and just needed to eat. They were busy, but we got table after a short wait. This is when the trouble began...we ordered two root beer and a milk. She doesn't know if they have root beer. The waitress comes back and says they are out of milk, (which could have been bought from the store next door!), and they have root beer but have to go downstairs to get it. We were brought water, which wasn't cold, no ice either. Then she says they are out of soup, so I ask for a salad. So we order and wait...and wait...and wait...and wait some more...40 minutes later, I still have no salad, and we have no food!!! So we walked out. Never again...go down the road to Vito's instead!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“under new ownership”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Can't say anything positive or negative about the new owners. The deck outside is an interesting edition. It was pretty good under the old ownership. Kind of pricey,but I never had a problem with them.

• Visited August 2012