I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the Cidade de Goa. It all began when we first got there. The woman meeting as at the door (Pamela) was initially nice and friendly, but very rapidly started sounding impatient and rude when there was a slightly mix-up with our rooms. The rooms themselves were large and spacious, although very damp (the beds felt as if they had been sprinkled with water!).
We ate at one of the restraurants once and promptly came down with a tummy bug the next day (although i guess that this is always a hazard for westerners in india). The best part of the hotel was undoubtedly the maginificent lawns. Large and spacious and very well landscaped. Also the beach was very nice. The hotel is touted as a five star one, but it is full of package holiday tourists who almost certainly paid considerably less than what we paid for it by booking it over the internet. We paid over 8000 rupees for a night's stay there (around 100 pounds or 190 dollars). That's way too much in my opinion.
- Also Known As:
- Cidade De Goa Beach Hotel Vainguinim
- Cidade De Goa Beach Hotel
- Cidade De Goa Beach Resort
- Cidade Goa Beach Resort
- Hotel Cidade De Goa Beach
- Cidade De Goa Dona Paula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect beachfront hideaway awaits you and your family at Cidade de Goa. Just 10 minutes from the capital Panjim, this 40 acre haven encompasses Goan hospitality at its finest. Here, you’ll enjoy a world of personal attention and luxury with gourmet cuisines, enticing entertainment, thrilling watersports and lots more. Cidade’s accommodation includes every possible 5-star amenity, with well appointed interiors, exclusive spaces and great sea views. Connoisseurs will appreciate the fine dining choices with 6 specialty and multi-cuisine restaurants, each with a unique flavour of cuisines. The poolside and lobby bars are also great for relaxing and spending time with friends. At Cidade, there’s always so much to do with water sports, beach games, indoor activities and the latest in gaming at Goldfinger, the 24 hour casino. Pavitra – Ayurveda Spa provides age-old treatments to soothe your mind and body, while Clube Saude offers Swedish body massages as well as advanced fitness equipment. Cidade also has a state-of-the-art Business Centre, meeting halls and the latest conferencing equipment. Come, experience the best that Goa has to offer at Cidade de Goa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Fastbooking so you can book your Cidade de Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.