“Best Hotel of Goa even in Off season !” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Cidade delights- December
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Dona Paula
banglore
“Best Hotel of Goa even in Off season !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Cidade de goa is very famous for its comfort which they give to their customers. I stayed for 3 days in this resort in classic room which was spacious and it has all the amenities like television, mini bar and a/c. it has a king size bed it was very comfortable and pillows are soft.

Being Monsoon season I got a good rate from Viagoa.com inclusive of flights through some offer going on..cidade de goa is best 5 star considering price nd hospitality

The moment I entered the resort they treat me like a prince. The best thing which I like about this resort is its location. The location was fabulous it’s just walking distance from the sea. It was very fashionably decorated it has all the modern furniture.

The sea food was very famous (of this hotel); it was tremendous and mouth watering. Hotel has 2 restaurants the ambiance of both the restaurants was good. I really enjoyed the food. All types of dishes are available like Thai, Indian and continental. The food manager Mr. Khurana was kind person he always come to us for the feedback of the food.

Resort has all the other basic amenities like gym, spa and swimming pool. Gym was fabulous with all the modern machines, water of swimming pool was very clear.It has a playing area for outdoor and I played sports there.

The gardens were very beautiful. The staff was nice they help me in check in and checkout without any wastage of my time. This resort is very near to the market. It’s a good weather condition now a days not so cool not so hot. This resort make my trip wonderful if I get another chance I will stay in this resort only it’s a must visit place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cidade_de_Goa, General Manager at Cidade de Goa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Adidas D,

Greetings from Cidade de Goa- Goa in a resort!

Thank you for your detailed review. I am sure it will be of immense help to travellers planning their trip to Goa in the near future.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed the hospitality at the resort, the comfort and design of the rooms and the room amenities. Cidade de Goa prides itself on providing traditional Goan hospitality to its guests, and we do so through our resort ambience and through authentic Goan food spread.

Thank you again for your review. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Turkish first
Udaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are here since 8th June, 2013 and will leave tomorrow (12th June, 2013). So far our experience with this hotel is wonderful. We were little bit afraid after reading some of the negative reviews about this hotel, but we really didn’t find any thing negative about this hotel. My wife was having her birthday on 10th of June and we contacted hotel for ordering cake and flowers and it was really nice of them to arrange a delicious cake and a lovely flower bouquet from hotel side and they didn’t charge any thing for the same. Mr. Sudesh sang a lovely birthday song at our dinner table while cutting the cake. Rooms are clean, beds are big and comfortable. staff is polite and helping, food spread is great and food taste is delicious. Pool is clean and nice. Beach is just few steps away from your room and gives you real thrill. there are so many activities to be involved in. What else one need? It gave us perfect holiday. Thanks Management and staff. We will certainly come again to this place.

Room Tip: Ask for sea facing rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cidade_de_Goa, General Manager at Cidade de Goa, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Pknijhawan,

Greetings from Cidade de Goa- Goa in a resort!

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us- we are always happy to know that our guests will leave the resort delighted.

We are glad to know that your stay with us was on par with your expectations, and that you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms, our outdoor pools, efficiency and hospitality and the food spread in the restaurant. We do offer a wide variety of daily activities so that all our guests have something to look forward to. We are also located right on the Vainguinim beach, thus providing direct beach access to our guests.

It is good to know that you enjoyed celebrating your wife’s birthday with us. We do hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you back again in the near future and delight you as always.

Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good Hotel with proved history...beach is very nearest to any other Hotel which makes it better for beach lovers. Highlight of the trip was the Water sports - amazingly good and important is - Safe. Rooms are better equipped with latest technology. Hotel is design is very confusing. Overall a good 5 star resort, though not a lavish one.

Room Tip: take a room facing Swimming Pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rupenda,

Greetings from Cidade de Goa- Goa in a resort!

Thank you for sharing your review with us and other travellers- I am sure it will be very helpful to travellers planning their trips to Goa in the near future.

Like you rightly pointed out, we are a 30 year old resort, but we pride ourselves on keeping up with the modern standards for luxury, comfort and safety that is demanded by the informed traveller of today. We also provide a wide range of beach activities and water sports (seasonal operation) for the benefit of our guests. We are also situated on the Vainguinim beach, hence giving direct access to our guests to the beach.

Please accept our apologies if you found the layout of the resort confusing. However, all of our staff is pleased to point out our guests in the correct direction.

Thank you again for your review. We do hope you will choose to return to Cidade de Goa in the near future.

Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is my third visit to Goa and second to Cidade de Goa.....It was a wonderful stay this time too , in a beach facing room .The hotel has a very hospitable staff. Special mention of the soothing head massage given by Jessi in Club Saude,though they need to improve a bit on the time taken by room servicing.nevertheless a fantastic stay.

Pooja.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Khao Suey at Cafe Azul is phenomenal! Mango Madness Menu during Mango season was also great. The showers are strong, rooms are modern, chic, clean, cool lighting. Taxis charge less than other 5-stars. You'll sometimes spot celebs. Ask for a sea-facing room. Gym is well-maintained w full facilities. Is a bit far from Panjim or Beach Belt, but once you're relaxing in the air conditioning, you'll have a hard time leaving. It's part of the resort charm.

• Stayed May 2013
Cidade_de_Goa, General Manager at Cidade de Goa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Shilpams,

Greetings from Cidade de Goa- Goa in a resort!

Thank you for taking time to write this review and to share your experience with us and other travellers.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at our resort, in particular the food at Cafe Azul and the mango promotion- Mango madness. We are happy that you enjoyed the general ambience of the resort, the comfort and design of the rooms and our newly refurbished Health club.

Thank you again for your review- We do hope you will choose to come back to Cidade de Goa in the near future and give us a chance to delight you as always.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel has always held a special place in my heart as my last stay in May 2013 was my 12th and I also held my wedding here in 2008.

I went to visit with my mum and I was 17 weeks pregnant at the time of our stay.

We arrived at 4.30am and first problem was our toilet didn't flush and we had issues using the shower, which kept turning on and off by itself. I asked if someone could come and fix it and was told they didn't know when they would be able to come to our room. After a long journey from London it would be nice to have had more information, but they obviously just expected us to sit and wait and wonder. They eventually turned up around 7am just as we decided to give up and go to sleep.

The room issues carried on throughout the 11 night stay. The electronic safe broke twice. We had an ant problem. The bathroom lights broke twice (the second time was around 10pm, just as we needed to shower before our 2am departure from the hotel to the airport - they couldn't fix it so we had one small light and had to shower practically in the dark.) The bathtub flooded one night around midnight after having a soak - I knew if I called maintenance it could take hours with no ETA, so I got my pregnant self on the floor and mopped it up using towels.
My valanced sheet on the bed had some blood stains (not mine!) which I pointed out to housekeeping after a couple of days, and the lady told me they didn't usually change them....they did take them away to wash them but they were never replaced during my stay.
Our laundry didn't turn up the next day when it should have and when we called to enquire, we were told it was in our wardrobe (it wasn't) and the phone was put down on us. Luckily the housekeeping gentleman found it for us.

They usually have 2 breakfast rooms - Cafe Azul and Laranja. I don't enjoy Laranja. There is a lot of Indian food (note - not Goan) which quite frankly is pretty hot (it used to have heat and flavour, now it only has heat). Cafe Azul did not have the breakfast buffet open one day during our stay, only a la carte, which defeated the point as we had breakfast included in our rate. When I enquired if Cafe Azul would be open with the breakfast buffet the next day, I was told it would be 3 times. It wasn't.

Room service, which we used twice, was appalling. Forgotten items, cold food....

Food in Cafe Azul in the evenings (a la carte) was delicious and that's one star of my review.
Roop and Alpa were the two members of staff who genuinely cared about us and asked us what they could do to help us while everything was going wrong, so the other star in my review is for them. They appreciated our (ongoing) custom and wanted us to be more comfortable. It's a shame that the people right at the top obviously do not care. I was even told, when asking why there was so little Western options at the breakfast buffet that 'there are so few of you we do tend to sometimes forget about you,' which wasn't great to hear. I appreciate that the tourist dynamic in Goa has changed, with far fewer 'Western' tourists and much more Indian tourists - however, if you don't want to cater for us, then don't sell your hotel to us.

I work in travel and have sent numerous people to this hotel (one wedding trip of 80+ people amongst others) then I have my own 12 stays plus family and friends and my wedding. Cidade in the past has had people staying over and over, especially from England (25+ plus times) but I am sure people are starting to realise this hotel no longer wants their custom or wants to provide what they enjoy.

I am sure someone will tell me that due to it being May (low season for Western tourists) that's why things were the way they were. However, I last stayed here in November 2010 and was already thinking then that things have really changed - and that is high tourist season. I wasn't even sure if I should have come back here this time (wanted to try the Grand Hyatt) but my mum wanted to give it another try. It would take a lot to make me return here again.

Management said they would respond to me. I have been back in London almost 3 weeks now and still nothing.

Once again, thank you Roop and Alpa for all your concern. You are a credit to Cidade. The rest of the staff could learn a lot from them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Angelic_Moley,

Greetings from Cidade de Goa- Goa in a resort!

Let me start by thanking you for your continued patronage over the years, and please accept apologies from me and my team for the inconveniences faced by you during your recent stay with us.

We have taken note of all the issues put forward by you and we are looking into the same. Following your feedback, we have intensified our staff training in areas mentioned by you. I would like to elaborate on the following points-

Clogging of the bathtub drain- We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused, however, the same was checked and unclogged by our housekeeping and engineering departments the very next day.

Regarding the food in Laranja- Like you mentioned, the tourist dynamics in Goa are changing, and hence, we try to provide food spread that would appeal to the majority of our clientele. However, our chefs are always to happy to cater to any special dietary needs of our guests. The food & Beverage manager, the Front office manager, the Resident manager and self met up with you and your mother to assure you of our services and to offer you anything special that you needed.

Even though the months of May- September see predominantly domestic travel in the state of Goa, we do try to cater to the needs of all our guests, as each custom is equally important to us. Our Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Food and Beverage manager, Resident Manager and self, have in fact interacted with you personally to ensure that your stay was going well. We also offered you a room change from the first day of your visit. My HODs ensured service recoveries; however from your review, we have not succeeded in turning around your experience. I regret the same.

Thank you again for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back at Cidade de Goa and assure you my best at all times.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was a wowderful experiance staying in cidade de goa.The rooms were very beautiful the view from the the balcony was awesome.
The only 2 bad things about the hotel was there very few children activies and we had taken the buffet meals in which there were very less non-veg options.
There was 1 more drawback about the hotel that was they were providing drinking water only after 3-4 reminders.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cidade_de_Goa, General Manager at Cidade de Goa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear LalaRicha,

Greetings from Cidade de Goa- Goa in a resort!

Thank you for taking time to share your review with us.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly, the rooms and the view. We have noted your feedback regarding the buffet spread and number of activities for children. At Cidade de Goa, we constantly try to reinvent ourselves to provide excellent service based on guest feedback.

Thank you again for your feedback. We do hope you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back to Cidade de Goa and delight you as always.

General Manager.

Been to Cidade de Goa? Share your experiences!