“Tranquility and top service” 5 of 5 stars

Savelberg Restaurant-Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Oosteinde 14, 2271 Voorburg, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Voorburg
holland
“Tranquility and top service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Only a few miles from busy Den Haag, this place is there to make you calm, relaxed and happy. High ceilings, chandeliers, a beautiful park surrounding the hotel - and a michelin restaurant with interesting wines make you feel in a totally other world.
Beds are very nice - however they cover you in heat so you will definitely awake in sweat....

Room Tip: Room 11 is nice, the business rooms are a bit bigger, and 1 of the suites has a hamam-shower..
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ware, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed here over the flower parade weekend. I must say this is the first time we have slept on a memory foam mattress and it was excellent I am convinced we must buy one.

The staff are very polite as were the many Dutch people we spoke to. The hotel was clean, the bathroom was superb, clean towels and anything else you used was changed daily.

The location is in between 2 parks and is in the leafy suburb of Den Haag, Voorburg. It is very quiet. On Saturday we awoke early for the flower parade that starts in Noordwijk and was surprised to find a market had been set up in the street although we heard nothing. We didn't stop to see what was being sold as we had to get to Noordwijk for the parade to avoid the crowd and get a good spot.

Was it worth the €150 per night? Had it come with breakfast I would have said yes but at an extra €18.50 per person per night then no. I begrudge paying £32.50 for a croissant some fruit, yoghurt and a piece of ham and cheese 2 stars there I'm afraid. Charging for breakfast, parking and internet seems to be the norm in Holland and adds cost to your trip however at the Savelberg 20mb Wi-Fi (I tested the speed) came free and so did the parking so it made it a bit easier on the wallet.

We could not afford to eat in the restaurant for breakfast or dinner for the reasons above. We found some very good local restaurants which served value for money food.

Would I recommend this hotel, of course I would it was one of the best night’s sleep I have ever had in any hotel. I am not well off by any means and normally would find a cheaper hotel but wanted to 'splash out' and I'm glad we chose the Savelberg. You could tell the clientele that the hotel restaurant attracted by the car park as it looked like the Geneva Motor Show on Saturday night.

I don't rhink anyone could be dissapointed staying here.

Room Tip: Mind the slope as you come out of the reception
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Five months ago I visited Den Haag and Delft and stayed in Den Haag but was not particularly impressed. So, this time around, while visiting Keukenhof for their tulips, I decided to stay at this Relais and Chateaux property on the edge of a park just outside of Den Haag. The property has a country house feel to it, and the staff is extremely friendly. They have outside dining when the weather permits. My room is of an excellent size, although the bathroom comes with an odor (likely from poor plumbing or old pipes) that they had to use a heavy duty bathroom sanitizer/air freshener to cover up. I got a tour of the wine cellars (and they do have an impressive wine collection, particularly from the Bordeaux and Burgundy regions), and the food is definitely of michelin star quality. This is a great option for a short stay while visiting Den Haag or Delft or at the moment, Kuekenhof.

Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Luxury stay, great food, wonderful location. A place where you find luxury in every point one can see.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Savelberg Restaurant-Hotel? Share your experiences!