“Nothing short of Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Billabong Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holloways Beach
Billabong Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Billabong Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
30 Caribbean St, Holloways Beach, Queensland 4878, Australia   |
Pacific Grove, California
“Nothing short of Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found a piece of heaven when I stayed here. The view every morning was something to write home about! The Black-beaked Ibis, ducks, a Stork, cockatoos,Willy Tail Waggers and the Kookaburras made a lovely tropical song; one I'd never heard before. I miss it so. It was great to wake up to the Kookaburras laughing.They made me laugh along with them. Such a treat! I was there during the wedding mentioned by Hitchcock 1971, and she is right; Janenne went out of her way to make their special day beautiful and so memorable. It was quite lovely. I wanted to relax, and relax I did. It would not have been possible if not for Janenne, and "Roxy the Wonder Dog." I was so relaxed I forgot what day it was. I stayed the month of September, 2012 in the Tropical Room. It is situated away from the rest of the rooms, has the best view and privacy. Janenne's piece of heaven is the perfect place to relax, eat well every morning, and stroll around the grounds. It was the best vacation I've ever had. I wholeheartedly recommend Billabong B&B to anyone who is tired of hotel/motel rooms and would like to actually relax in a stunning setting. It is without a doubt the best, most beautiful, most relaxing B&B I've ever been to. The breakfasts are amazing. Janenne is the perfect hostess. Roxy is the best dog ever. She's so friendly, She became quite attached to me, but of course, I was feeding her water crackers every evening. I could go and on,..this place is amazing. Great value. I highly recommend this B&B to any solo female traveler or couple. It ought to be rated #1 in the entire Cairns area. Well done, Janenne! Well done! I miss you already and I am coming back! Thank you for the time of my life, and for everything you did for me to make my stay so memorable and so very special.

Room Tip: If you want total peace, choose the Tropical Room. It has the best view, and is situated away from t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

my husband and i stumbled on this little piece of paradise and found where we wanted to get married and thats just what we did over looking the billabong

we were a small party of 5 who stayed in the kingfisher unit fully fitted for our family needs - my parents in law also stayed in the frangapani room they loved it - my kids aged 8,6,2 all loved the billabong and wanted to stay for ever!
J is an amazing host nothing was to much trouble from the wedding where she worked so hard on giving my husband and i the wedding that we wanted to looking after all of us during our 2 weeks stay.
Roxy the dog is a beautiful dog my children are a little frightend of dogs but they loved roxy she is such a beautiful natured dog

my kids loved the breakfast - choc crossants have now been requested everymorning - the belcher musli is to die for - i came away with the recipe ( thanks J)

the photos on the website are true to life there is no photoshop needed -

billabong b & b is a must for couples,singles or solos who are looking for something quite and who loves real warmth not just a bed for the night

billabong stole our hearts - and i am very proud of the fact that my wedding was the very first there!

love to J and roxy thank you so very much for the wedding and everything else that you did for my family

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had the most amazing stay at the Billabong Bed & Breakfast. We were in the Tropical Room which faces away from the main house and it's so lovely to be able to wake up to a view of the ducks swimming in the billabong. The tranquility and serenity is simply unreal. Jenanne is a lovely hostess and her breakfasts are divine, Roxy is such a gentle giant and got along really well with our Jack Russell. We will miss this place and look forward to coming back on our honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Xiamen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Few months has past but I still miss the joy and hapiness I experienced when staying with Janenne during the far too short 3 nights in Billabong b&b. Gorgeous place, unbelievabliy beautiful and natural environment, rooms surrounded by peaceful pond and lotus, the most fabulous breakfast exactly resembling the brochure, a warmhearted and kind host... We couldn't believe our luck when we found it. Janenne was absolutely the best of all!! She's a lot fun and outgoing and extremely helpful. She generously upgraded us to the self-contained villa on the second day without asking for more money, since we were the only 3 guests then. Our third day was filled with non-stopping downpour and Janenne even drove us to hang around the city though it's not her job! In return we made her a delicous Chinese dinner and with another friend of Janenne's and wine and loads of jokes, what a night! She also drove us to the airport on the last day, for free! We really appreciate that!

It's a bit far from Carins downtown but a great great place to enjoy especially relaxing vacation. Next time in Cairns, we are definitely coming back!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Rendsburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The apartment is great for families, big and clean with the possibility to do your laundry. Perfect breakfast is served on the veranda where you have a beautiful view on the lake which is also nice to make a little walk around it, if you want also in the company of the owners well-behaving dog. A great place to enjoy the amazing nature and animals. The owner of the B&B is friendly, sincere and makes you laugh with some of her own traveling stories. You can book tours to the reef
We felt very welcome and will definetely stay here again, if we come back and can only recommand it to everyone who wants to stay in an extraordinary place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We have stayed here several times when visiting Cairns and my wife loves the Bilabong that much she wants to buy it. Ganine spoils you with her sumptious brekky of tropical fruits and the bacon and eggs are done to your liking. Waking up in the morning and taking in the wildlife on the billabong is something to behold.10 out of 10 for me to.

Room Tip: The 2 bed villas are great
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I spent a total of two weeks here, as part of our business & pleasure trip to Australia and Papua New Guinea. The ambiance of being right on a serene Billabong was wonderful. Roxxy (the resident super-friendly part-dingo dog), will provide you with company and exercise, walking/jogging and playing "catch" with you around the Billabong, as often as you want. Our room was spacious, had a separate sitting area, a small fridge, a large modern shower, and a private deck where we enjoyed a glass of wine occasionally. My wife, who is an avid birdwatcher, found loads of new birds (we are from Canada) right on the property. The breakfasts were nutritious and excellent, were served on a large deck overlooking the Billabong, and included choices. The owner, Janenne, was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, in terms of car rentals, airport transfers, booking trips, and providing advice on local restaurants. Don't miss this place if you are in the Cairns area. We travel a lot, and there definitely aren't many quality/price deals like this one!

Room Tip: There is a choice of a newly-built self-contained separate unit which is good if you want to prepare...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Billabong Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!