“Tranquility” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Billabong Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holloways Beach
Billabong Bed & Breakfast
30 Caribbean St, Holloways Beach, Queensland 4878, Australia   |
Tempe, Arizona
“Tranquility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Billabong B&B is truly unique. The furnishings and ambiance are supurb. The B&B is next to a Billabong that is beautiful to wake up to. The breakfasts were fantastic and Janeen is an excellent host. We have traveled extensively in Europe and the US and the Billabong is probably the best B&B that we have stayed at. We were there for 5 days. I scuba dived for 2 days and my wife spent that time enjoying the Billabong.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Sharing Janeen and Roxy's wonderful home is just delightful! We had the pleasure of staying at Billabong recently for our anniversary, and had the most wonderful & relaxing stay. How magic it was to wake in the morning with the sunlight filtering through the trees, glinting off the water; ducks swimming; sunbirds flitting around whilst we had brekkie...and Roxy greeting us with wagging tail, and ball in mouth when ever we arrived 'home' after a days out exploring. If you want to stay someplace that feels like home, and so close to the touristies things Cairns has to offer...you can't beat it! And when you go, give Roxy a pat for us!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We had a perfect B and B in our minds and Billabong fulfilled all our requirements. We were very impressed with the setting overlooking a peaceful billabong with gorgeous trees and plantings. The suite was compact but with added decking it was sufficient and we didn't feel cramped at all. Everything was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was fresh and substantial.
Janenne made sure we were comfortable and nothing seemed to be a problem or too much trouble for her - she was available but not intrusive. She had great suggestions for local tours and places to visit, including the cafes at nearby Holloways Beach.
We would be very happy to recommend this B and B and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I spent 5 nights in Billabong and had an absolutely wonderful time. Janenne made the most fantastic breakfast - I am now making bircher museli again!! The B&B is in the most wonderful location and Roxy the dog was just so friendly and sweet it was hard to say goodbye to her.

I slept very well all the nights I was there and I loved hearing the different wildlife sounds outside in the evening. I would definitely say that Cairns was probably one of the highlights of my trip and I am so glad I decided to stay at Billabong.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Billabong B&B was absolutely the best accommodations we had in all of Australia. With our own private deck and entrance looking out over the Billabong we wish we could have stayed longer. This B&B felt so luxurious for not alot of money too. Plus Jeaneane made the most excellent breakfasts with stunning fruits, muesli, and hot breakfast.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have just spent a perfectly lovely, restful week here, and I was reluctant to leave! From the moment I arrived, I was made to feel welcome and valued, Janenne is such a wonderful hostess, nothing is too much trouble for her, I felt like I had found a new girl friend! The place is so serene and restful, set away from the hustle(?) of the street, I felt like I was on my own private hideaway. The food was to die for, the rooms so very comfortable and the hospitality is superb. I will definitely be back one day, thank you Janenne and Roxy

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Almere, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Ted & Vicky have the most wonderful setting for their B&B. The breakfasts were truly amazing as was our room. Ted & Vicky were extremely helpful even before we arrived in Australia, keeping up us to date with weather, trips, etc.
Truly a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Billabong Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!