This was where my fiance proposed to me this June during our stay. The location is magic right across the road from the ocean. The owners are lovely and super helpful. The rooms are well equipped, and there is a beautiful Oasis style pool area within the grounds. Very easy access by car, taxi and there is even a regular bus service in and out of Cairns, right near the resort. The cafe/bar across the road and on the beach is like a tropical cabana. We also visited Machans Beach one afternoon and there is a beautiful alfresco restaurant overlooking the water, which is worth a visit.
We took a scenic flight over the reef too, which was magnificent. The hotel is able to book these types of services and many other tours for you at the reception desk as well as provide some great tips and information on options.
All in all, I wouldn't have picked anywhere else to stay, the area and accommodation was wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location - Cairns Beach Resort is minutes north of Cairns City and next to the beach and warm tropical waters. Indulge in the simplicity of a truly relaxed lifestyle. Our four star resort offers everything to create a home away from home on the beach. The resort’s tropical gardens offer you peace and tranquility to read and relax, or to float in the saltwater resort style pool. Simple pleasures - pure relaxation… think Cairns Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, T4B, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Australis Cairns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Beach Hotel Holloways Beach
- Hotel Cairns Beach
- Australis Cairns Beach Resort Cairns Region, Australia - Holloways Beach