“Perfect Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

An avenue of eucalyptus tress ,driving through the orchards brings you to this beautiful original estate house of centuries ago La Parrina working organic farm .
We loved walking around the beautiful vineyards olive orchards and visiting the market.
A tour of the cheese house was very interesting.
The produce is used in the wonderful menu at the restaurant and buffet breakfasts and lunches.

The setting is magnificent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed every minute we were guest at La Parrina. We found the entire experience delightful and enchanting. WIsh I was back there!

Room Tip: Our room was warm, large, and cozy. It had a large bathtub and hot water! I understand some rooms...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairfax Station, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Quick low down: make sure to get there during the day. loved the acres of land full of olive trees and vineyard. The room my husband and I stayed in was rustic-eclectic. Staff was welcoming and trustworthy. We stayed in the Generale room on second floor. Slender bathroom was somewhat bizarre but did the trick. : ) Very small bathtub with shower head holder. Dinner was in a beautiful family friendly yet romantic environment. Entres were simple but tasty. Few choices. Must see organic local market on the farm. Wines are from the property-good selection from the vineyard.Very quiet room, clean.

Price was very reasonable - 120 euros per night and dinner was roughly 60 to 70 euros each night. We stayed for two nights.

Room Tip: hotel rooms are nicely appointed (they have apartment rooms also, but value is in the hotel rooms)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed there for 4 days and 3 nights with some friends in July 2011. We bicycled the nearby countryside each day. Our suite on the 3rd floor was amazing. I understand the house was built in the 1300s, and remodeled in 1830. All the walls must be 2 to 3 feet thick. Other than the addition of electricity, AC and lights, the house remains as it was in 1830. It's like living in a time machine! Don't expect a high-rise hotel like in Roma or Florence, but if you truly want to step back in time and enjoy a slower pace of life, this is your chance.

Though I speak no Italian, the people who run La Parrina are kind and gracious and incredibly helpful. The meals and wine were always wonderful. All of the food is organic and grown on the estate. The pool was always a welcome relief at the end of a day of pedaling the Tuscan countryside from La Parrina. My wife and I can't wait to go back some day! This was our wedding anniversary trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Reading the reviews (I speak both English and Italian) below makes me think that people will complain about nearly anything. The place isn't perfect but people need to realize their staying at an estate in the country. They're not going to get five-star service with everything handed to them on a silver platter. While La Parrina does run an agriturismo, it is largely a working estate where they produce their own wine, cheeses, yogurt, honey, jams and a cornucopia of produce... all of which can be purchased on-site and are great for putting together picnics in the country.

We stayed for four nights in one of the apartments - two bedrooms, two baths - la Casa di Laura. It was perfect for our family. It had a kitchen, clean bathrooms and plenty of space. Yes, it's not in the main house but the building is 20 steps or so from the main house. The main tasting room (where breakfast and lunch are served) is on the ground level. All apartments have nice terraces where you can sit outside and eat or enjoy some fresh air. The pool was great - spotless with a manicured lawn and a view of the vineyards.

The service was spotty - some people like Patrick, one of the waiters, were extremely helpful while others were somewhat aloof. You know what? I can overlook that - the place is simply beautiful, the courtyard is a wonderful place to relax or eat and you're within easy reach of towns like Porto Ercole, Manciano, Capalbio, Porto Santo Stefano, etc. At 140 EUR a night for two bedrooms, we were happy. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Ridgefield, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

I can't speak italian but I would suspect that my husband and I had a similar experience as the previous reviewers. We arrived to a beautiful 450 acre winery. It had potential! But when we arrived there was no one at the reception so I flagged down a workman who called the young lady to greet us. I actually had called earlier in the day to mention when we were arriving and could we make a reservation at the restaurant. I was told that the restaurant was not open but there were other eating options. No problem. When we arrived we were told that we were not staying at the main house/hotel but in one of their apartments because we were the only ones staying there at this time period and did not want to heat the whole house. They should have just told us they were not open. The apartment is also the location of the other workers on the property. I had to arrange for breakfast for ourselves and then we were left to our own devices. Daniella did recommend a great restaurant for dinner. The next day she did help us with ferry stuff and another restaurant that turned out to be not so good. But that was it. No linen change that day-no bed made and at a cost of $185 per night. Definitely not worth it. That is too bad. It is such a lovely property. But just visit it, don't stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Parrina? Share your experiences!