“the quart pot and its food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Basildon, United Kingdom
“the quart pot and its food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

A local pub with good parking and pleasant atmosphere with no children running around, we went on a Thursday, early evening not full but with plenty of customers mostly choosing to eat. The Quality of the food was good for the money service waas friendly and quick. Not your gastronomy pub but just popular dishes at a fare price. I had the mixed grill and have paid much more in some so called top restaurants for not much better. Would recommend if you are having a casual night out. If your expecting an al a carte menu meal its probably not the place to go.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wickford, United Kingdom
“Nice Pub shame about the rubbish food they serve up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This Used to be our local a few years ago. Looking at the reviews it seems that something has happened to this place in recent months, as reviews used to be ok. I suggest they sack the chef or should i say cook. The place was busy and i don't know why, perhaps they are returning customers who used to eat there before when the food was edible and have not experience the new cuisine yet. Well your in for a surprise.
We had the Roast. Worse than terrible. Yorkshire pud measured about 3mm in thickness and was undercooked, and they served that up to me. I suggest you buy a packet of frozen aunt bessies if you cant manage to cook a yorkshire. The chicken was dry , yuk! The spoonful of veg was undercooked. How dare there serve this rubbish to me, how dare they charge me. I had free pudding cos i complained. It needed to be free. I had crumble that tasted burnt. A complete waste of money. You have been warned, don't eat the roast until they get a new cook. They need to sort this place out now. Avoid like the plauge .

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
wickford
“Call that a roast dinner??!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Four of us went to the Quart pot on the 30th September, three of us ordered roast and one a mixed grill.
The mixed grill arrived looking quite tasty and was acceptable. The roasts however were a joke! There was a soggy, undercooked excuse for a Yorkshire pudding on each plate. It was practically unrecognisable as a Yorkshire pud. If I was the waiter I would have been so embarrassed to present it to anybodys table! We complained and were told that it would be a 10 minute wait for fresh ones or we could have a free desert instead. As we wanted to eat our dinner in one sitting we declined the offer of a fresh, properly cooked one.
The two chicken dinners were dry and tastless, the beef wasn't much better. The vegetables appeared to be of the frozen variety and the measly three potatoes each were edible but not brilliant.
We were so disappointed with this meal. We took them up on the offer of a free desert which wasn't much better.
We would sooner pay double this price and enjoy our meal, there is NO excuse for serving up rubbish like this!
We have eaten at the Quart Pot previously and the food was of a much better standard in the past.
We will not be returning for a meal there and our friends will never be listening to our recommendations for Sunday lunch again. Shame on you Quart Pot!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Poor and mass produced junk. Brought in and re heated, not fresh no flavour.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I have never wrote a review but feel so let down with what is my local pub. I ordered a fish pie and roast dinner, came to just under £15 wich is not too over priced if it was freshly cooked great food, IT WAS TERRIBLE. I had one prawn in my fish pie and hardly no fish. It was full of ( and not large portion) just mash. I told the waitress and she said they buy it in like that and just heat it up so have no control of contents. Haha that's a joke, I could have just saved money and stay in for microwave meal from tesco, which would have taste better and saved me money. The waitress was very polite and honest and helpful but I ate the pie and regretted every mouthful but I was hungry and after 30mins wait didn't want to then re order. The rpast was re heated, dry and worst my husband ever had. I wouldn't recommend these meals or this in fresh made food. Sorry but let down big time.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wickford, United Kingdom
“Used to be one of our regular haunts for lunch but not any more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This pub used to be run by Ember Inns but not any more. When the new Company took over at first it was ok but then they cut down the menu. Asked for scampi and it came out overcooked so sent it back but the second meal came out identical! Would not go back.

Visited May 2012