“Close to the airport and good restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars

Golden Tulip Olymp Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wielandstrasse 3, 85386 Eching, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Eching
London, United Kingdom
“Close to the airport and good restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night only and had an enjoyable stay. It was €85 for 2 people including breakfast. It is very close to the airport about 10-15 minute in the taxi which is about €31. Alternatively it is only 3 stops on the S1 train from the airport and then a short walk about 15 minutes. The wi-fi was excellent, although I think you need a different code for each item you wish to connect to the internet e.g. phone, laptop, ipad. I was able to check in earlier then 2pm, as they made up the room for me as i arrived about 12pm. I stayed in an apartment in the other block to the hotel. I felt the rooms interior decoration was slightly dated, but was very clean. The apartment had a bathroom with a shower that came with toiletries. I found the pillows a bit strange...although having stayed in another hotel in Munich I think this is how most pillows are like. They are square like and when you rest your head on it sinks so there is no support...very different from what I call pillows. I went to the restaurant in the evening and had the Bavarian Bull which was very good. The best thing about the hotel is one of the staff there...Richard...he served me in the restaurant and at the bar and his service skills was just amazing. Best waiter I've had. The breakfast spread is ok, had a wide variety.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is an old hotel far from Munich near the airport; The rooms are old style ( its a bare minimum hotel)
I was in this hotel in September and during the night I found that there were some mosquitoes in the room - So I called reception and the girl there said that she cannot do anything. When asked what I should do - She said just KILL THE MOSQUITOES.
I called my travel desk and they called the hotel - in response the girl came up and asked me to SHOW the mosquitoes - HILARIOUS. She also said that this is summer time and it is normal to have mosquitoes in the rooms;
I then asked her what really was the simplest thing to do - I asked her if she has a mosquito repellent - She said that she does not know what a mosquito repellant is.

Food : I ordered fried rice at the restaurant and it was pathetic. It was barely cooked and had absolutely no flavour;

Stay away from this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Fantastic breakfast; fortunately we had the ground floor room as it was 32 degrees and no air conditioning however the down side, we could only have the window opened a crack where it could still blocked. We could not have the window open fully due to being on ground floor so we sweated! Front desk told us everyone on upper floors were asking for a lower room. tip ask for an upper room, back of hotel might have been better as the sun pours into front of hotel all day and when really hot it is unbearable. Room was fine however sheets felt like summer flannel; just wanted a crisp cotton sheet in that heat. They put a chocolate on pillow at night nice touch; mini bar reasonable. Great shower but small and small bathroom. One day we did get CNN but other day all non-English channels (naturally). Check out was a slight problem. We left at 5:45 am; we had asked the night before if we could settle up to ensure a fast departure and were told no it is fine can do the next day. The night person had little experience and said only was taught how to use computer. We wanted a receipt to [prove we paid for the mini bar and it took us 15 min to finally get a signature on letterhead as he could not work the computer. (We had already pre paid the room so it was just the mini bar we were paying for. finally got it but made us slightly late.
This hotel is minutes form subway so we were able to get to and from the airport easily. Train ride approximately 45 minutes but very direct.

Room Tip: not ground floor as you cant open window fully for air, nor an elevator so you are carrying cases 2...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Sure this hotel has very reasonable prices, so a good value for a little money but one should not expect too much. Rooms are clear but neither fashionable nor modern. Beds were too soft for me. Breakfast was not very impressive, but still acceptable in case if you wake up early enough. If you're going to have your breakfast late - forget it: The buffet is nearly empty and the hotel staff is not going to bring you more. Some employees barely speak German.
There is also a free parking near the hotel - a very nice feature.
An acceptable hotel for couple of nights if you don't expect much.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The hotel is very good. The staff are extremely polite and helpful. Breakfast is delicious. The location is perfect for a journey to Fussen and other castles and old towns around Munich. Moreover, there is a free parking. The hotel is far from the hustle and bustle of the big city. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was really good. The waiter was extremely helpful and polite.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night before wrapping up our vacation in Europe and this experience is wonderful. We got an one bedroom apartment which is perfect for us because we were traveling with a 7 months old baby. They also setup a play yard in the living room for our baby. The location is not ideal but very close to Munich international airport. It is only 15 minutes drive from the hotel to the airport. The breakfast is excellent with tons of selections. We will stay at the hotel again if we are around.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tribiano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

it's nice hotel to stay and not so far to metro station.
Beautiful and quite city only few stops from airport and near to Lohhof center which has a lot of HQs for big companies.

I definetly suggest to stay in the hotel if you don't need to move to far in city center as it could be quite far.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Golden Tulip Olymp Hotel? Share your experiences!