“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Heinz

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hoehr-Grenzhausen
Hotel Heinz
You added Hotel Heinz to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bergstrasse 77, 56203 Hoehr-Grenzhausen, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany   |
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have been invited by my mother who celebrated her 85th birthday there. We flew to Cologne Bonn and hired a car to get there (approx. 1 hour). Our party consisted of Mum (single) our family ( triple room) and my sister with partner (double). Although all rooms were different they were all charming and comfortable. The facilities are quite comprehensive set in picturesque grounds. We booked a DBB package with a set four course menu at dinner time on both nights. The food and staff were excellent and I would just return for the breakfast (missing the variety of bread and rolls in the UK) We found the package excellent value for money! Sauna and Pool as well as some well ness activities are part of the package and you may book additional treatments if you wish. We hired some mountain bikes and explored the lovely Westerwald region. We loved the swing loungers, and large wicker baskets are positioned to collect used towels - very pleasing to the eye. The staff were without exception very attentive, friendly and helpful. On Mum's birthday our table had a special table decoration. We filled in the guest questionnaire and raved about our hotel experience, As a thank you the hotel managment sent a hand cream in the post. I happened to leave my and my son's swimming gear behind and although it took a few weeks to surface it was forwarded to my Mum's address free of charge. We only stayed a weekend but it felt like we have been on a little holiday and fully recharged our batteries. The glorious weather also helped of course.

Room Tip: Our room had a little balcony and was overlooking the garden and wood. I believe this is a quieter p...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Koblenz, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here for two days. The Rooms are good, but not as good as excpected from the pictures of their illustrated catalog. But the Spa is wonderfull and very relaxing. It was one of the best spa I ever visited.
The meals are very good. We liked it so, that we came back just for dinner in the restaurant few weeks later. The breakfast-buffet is amazing delicious.
The cost-performance ratio is not too bad. The Hotel and spa is expensive, but it is a very good hotel. The stuff is very friendly and helpfull.
I think we will come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

in the hills above the Rhine, Hotel Heinz is a premium resort to visit the area. Great rooms, nice bar and outstanding breakfast

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Although this is really a wellness hotel, I stayed there for 3 nights during a business seminar in a nearby village, as the hotel offer in that area is relatively scarce. To my big regret, I didn't have a chance to try out the wellness offer in the hotel, but I was very happy with my room and absolutely delighted with the restaurant quality. The breakfast buffet offered a very good choice and quality and the dinner at the restaurant was absolutely delicious.
The only drawback of this hotel, should you be there for non-wellness purposes, is its location. Don't expect to be able to eat outside or visit nearby towns and villages without a car!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Heinz? Share your experiences!