We stayed at Cromleach Lodge thirteen or so years ago when its was Moiras restaurant and nine or so rooms that did really have a lovely views of Loch Arrow. We really enjoyed it and said we would return.
As a result, we did not do our homework this time and were surprised that the Hotel has now added 200+ rooms. It was not what we had expected and may have tainted our viewpoint. We had wanted a more intimate experience.
However, the main issue for us was the trek to room we were allocated. It was a cold night and we left the car in the car park to descend 30 or so stairs outside, some lit up but some dark and we felt that we couldn’t see where we were going. Inside, you walk through the restaurant to reception. Quick, fuss free checkin, very professional receptionist. Then down a corridor, up a lift, down along a freezing cold glass corridor (coat required). Up 20 or so stairs, walk a bit, 12 or so more stairs up, across the landing and down 20 or so stairs to the room. Into the room, open the curtains to see the carpark with our car sitting just below the balcony – deflating view, considering it was a 15 minute trek from the car to the room and no Loch Arrow.
We don't have any mobility issues but going and coming from the room was exhausting - not what we had wanted from the experience.
The room itself is fresh and modern. It was spotlessly clean. It was too warm for us and we could not see how or if there was a way to control the temperature. We opened the window which was OK. There was no noise from neighbouring rooms which was good (all guests were probably passed out on the bed from exhaustion).
The dinner was good but the presentation is on the old fashioned side and not as good as our memory of it. The serving staff was remarkably well trained and professional. The quality of the ingredients was good including the breakfast.
Overall the highlight was the staff who obviously knew what they were doing throughout the stay. Slight exception being the two young guys in the bar who regularly disappeared together leaving customers waiting and served two drinks to me in hot/warm glasses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cromleach Lodge 4* Country House Hotel & Ciunas Spa Sligo is situated in the beautiful North West of Ireland. They have been welcoming guests for more than 30 years. Set in the scenic hills overlooking Lough Arrow, this 4* Luxury Sligo Hotel borders neighbouring counties Roscommon & Leitrim. Guests staying here can enjoy the breathtaking views of the Bricklieve Mountains, Carrowkeel Tombs & not to forget Lough Arrow. This Modern Irish Country House Hotel, is justly famed for its fine cuisine, splendid accommodation and genuine Irish hospitality. Moira's Restaurant, the A la Carte Fine Dining Restaurant in Cromleach Lodge, offers very fine food from mainly locally sourced produce cooked to perfection. In the words of the Georgina Campbell Guide 2009: "Everything from the first little amuse-bouche to the last petit four with coffee is a treat - and, as in all aspects of this exceptional place, service is flawless." This Sligo Hotel boasts two bars, the luxurious De Danann Lounge and the ultra smart Nuada's Brunch Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel And Ciunas Spa
- Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel & Ciunas Castlebaldwin
- Cromleach Hotel Country 4 Ciunas