Stayed here while visiting the Eurexpo centre as all other hotels in and around Lyon was fully booked. One word says it all: awful! This is by a million miles the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!
My balanced review:
- The checkin staff was friendly
- No elevator. Definitely not suitable for a wheelchair.
- The breakfast buffet was sufficient and only EUR5.
- The rooms are seriously minimal, dated and worn. There is a double bed and a bunk bed. The furniture was in terrible condition. There is no bedside table or wardrobe.
- The linen was clean and the bed although hard afforded two nights of surprisingly good sleep.
- The bathroom is smaller than that to be expected on a sailing yacht! The shower messes all over the place (no door) and there is no bathmat to dry the floor. The whb ad shower drained very slowly which feels unhygenic.
- The room overall was very clean.
- The room has AC, heater, flat screen TV but strangly only a single electrical socket.
- The walls are paper thin. Yes, you can indeed hear every detail in the neighbouring rooms!
Overall, a hotel is primarily about the chambers and these really let down, especially if compared to the Ibis Budget rooms asvertised by Accor hotels on the internet, which appear fresh and modern.
I would steer well clear of this one!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, ACCOR and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Ibis Budget Lyon Saint Genis Laval reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.