“Good Values Depreciated by Really Bad Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton

You added Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton to your Saves list
Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   201-203 rue de Paris, 94220 Charenton-le-Pont, France (Formerly Citea Charenton - Porte de Charenton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 40 %
Rome, Italy
“Good Values Depreciated by Really Bad Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The little faults in service overshadowed the hotel's good points.
We find it strange that the hotel cleans the room and changes towels every day if you stay for three nights, but not when you stay for four days or longer. I would think that the hotel earns more if customers stay longer. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Or at least, do these every other day?
We reported that the soap bottle in the shower was empty, and that in the washbasin nearly empty and asked for refills on 5 July. We asked again on 6 and 7 July. The staff gave us one small tube, maybe 10 or 15 ml, on 5 July. Apparently, they believed that we used up all the soap in one night and not did not consider that whoever cleaned the room before we arrived did not refill the bottles.
When we left on 8 July, we requested the staff to call a very large taxi for us. The staff said that we should take two taxis. We insisted on one, because I know that large taxis are available (the staff at the old ETAP Impasse Marteau called a very big taxi for us last August).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was deeple disaponited in the service provided by the hotel. I booked an Apart Hotel in order to cook and save money this way. To my surprise the hot plates didnt worked and in spite of my efforts to make the hotel crew repair them or at least change me to a room with one working they gave me no solution. In the end I spent more money in this hotel and had to spent even more money eating outside. NO COMPENSATION whatsoever eas even offerd to me. It was a real shame

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

San Francisco, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you don't want to eat out all the time, the Accor chain has rooms with small kitchens (microwave, stove, refrigerator). Nothing fancy but efficient. If you don't want to be in the tourist part of Paris, this location is excellent--and it is near two Metro stops on a main line, also new the near Paris tramway that goes around the suburbs. Also near the Perip[herique autoroute if you are driving or taxi a taxi to and from airports.

I have stayed here for 7 years and so I know the neighborhood: an outstanding artisanal bakery in the same block, o.k. restaurants, a grocery store in a shopping mall not far away, and a large Monoprix down the road--with a very good take-out food counter.

The hotel is o.k. Accor took it over from Citea but have not added new furniture or wifi in each room--you have to use an ethernet cable or the wifi in the lobby. But the price is excellent, especially for Paris. But be ready for lots of teenagers on school trips from all over Europe and even the U.S.

For business travelers like me, it is an excellent hotel. For tourists who want Romantic Paris, better skip this place.

P.S. Most of the shopkeepers in the neighborhood do not speak much, if any, English. The same with the Metro information people, etc. So, if you can't speak reasonable French, probably stay in central Paris where they will speak English.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Beware of this hotel.
I made booking for this hotel in January 2013 for a stay on 30th March 2013.
The cancellation terms included free cancellation till 17:59 on 30th March 2013.
I called up this hotel on 30th March at 13:20 to confirm my booking and also to inform that I would check in late since I was to arrive at 8:00 PM in Paris. On calling they said they have lot of problems at the hotel and hence cannot accommodate me and hence they have booked me at some of their other hotel 1 km away. Who knows where? Hence I decided to cancel it, since it was still free to cancel and booked another decent hotel (Touraine Opera, very nice and centrally located.). On my return from the trip on 1st April 2013, I was shocked to see that my card was charged by the hotel for the night that I had already cancelled. I am chasing with them for a refund. However please be aware of these guys.

Room Tip: Not trustworthy!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gabriola Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had stayed at this "Hotel" in October and feel that we need to warn the public regarding what we incurred during our stay. This hotel was part of an eight day vacation package offered by Air Transat, which seemed fairly reasonable in price. The room was very small considering that it had to accommodate a tiny kitchen, bathroom, eating area and closet. We were astonished that we had to leave our room key at the reception desk upon leaving and request it back on return. What century are they operating in? This apparently led to a theft of our laptop computer, camera, sun glasses and backpack. Thankfully, they had a small in-room safe which held our passports, spouse's wallet and other valuable documents, so these were not taken. The computer was left on the table and the sunglasses and camera were in the backpack (all of which couldn't fit into the room safe). We had left for a short shopping trip and were going to return for the backpack for the next outing. Upon our return we found the items missing and immediately notified the front desk. There was no apparent break-in, as everything was locked, therefore someone with a key entered the unit. The clerk said he would notify the manager in the morning and we would need to make a list of the items which were stolen. Upon speaking with the manager, we were told to make a report with the police, replace the items taken, and the hotel's insurance would cover our costs. After all of their requirements we met, we were informed by the hotels insurance company, that this facility is not a "hotel" and we were not going to be reimbursed. Losing our valuables were bad enough, but we also lost a lot of personal data, including the first 90 photos of Paris, which were down loaded into the computer. Take the time to review the hotel's key systems and what will be covered when their security systems fail. If in fact they are not responsible for theft (which I don't believe), then there should be a formal notice posted to all travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good hotel for reasonably price. Close to the subway station. Has fully equipped kitchenette with all utensils and dishes- you may save some money by not dining out. Big and good food shop is located 1700 m down the Rue de Paris at the metro station Charenton ecoles. The only con is that I had only one thin blanket - in a night I was feeling that it's getting a bit cold but there was an electric heater.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton? Share your experiences!