“Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Place de L'Europe, 94220 Charenton-le-Pont, France   |
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on a business trip. I was greeted by the usual IBIS reception of a coach load of tourists that were jostling for position.

That said, you come to expect that at an IBIS as this is what they are designed for.

The room was clean, and bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was also clean with plenty of hot water. The 'bath' however was not a bath, more of a very deep shower. My 3 year old would not have been able to lay down in it!

The location of the hotel for a tourist would not have been ideal as it is a little off of the beaten track. I was on business, so it was perfect for me (arrive late, leave early!)

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
5 Thank Loungelizaard

FRANCE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I booked here, I thought it was very near to the stadium at Bercy, but it was a bus ride. I went to a concert, nearly missed the last bus back. Arrived back, bar closed, only a machine for a snack. Very comfortable bed, drab room, needed painting. NO coffee/tea facility in room, as in other Ibis I use. No control of aircon. Breakfast buffet, badly laid out, but plenty of food, all cold though.
Didn't feel it was the best value for solo traveller. Staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Lecroc
Burton upon Trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed at the Ibis Porte de Bercy 4th - 8th June.. When I arrived, check-in was smooth but I went up to my room on the 4th floor and the room key-card did not work, so I had to go all the way back down to Reception again to have it re-coded. Once inside my room, I went into the bathroom to find no shower fitting in place. I rang Reception who came up and fitted a new one.
There was no air conditioning in the room, so it was really difficult to sleep at night. If you left the window open you had 24 hr traffic on the ring road to disturb your rest.
Breakfast was a simple affair, but adequate. However, there were problems with the coffee machines, and I witnessed a guest being sprayed with boiling water, all down his business suit.
On my last night I got in the lift to go down to Reception for a drink, and once the doors shut the lift wouldn't work. Luckily, I set off the alarm and the doors opened again. Once I got downstairs, Reception security asked if I had set off the alarm. I explained that the lift had trapped me inside and they went to investigate. In the morning two lifts were out of action..
I always stay in Ibis hotels whilst in Paris, but sadly this one was not up to anywhere near the standard that I am used to, and I would not recommend it to others!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the road
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rick64
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed in Ibis, Porte De Bercy from 23rd March to 24th March.

I was accompanied by my husband and daughter (3 years old).
The room was just as was mentioned on the website.
The staff was courteous and helpful.

Though we checked out on the 24th - but we wanted to keep our luggage within the hotel - as we were to travel to Disneyland - the hotel staff allowed us to keep our luggage with them (however, they did not tell us that we could have kept our luggage at Gare de Lyon).
In any case, the stay was pleasant and the room and toilet - neat and tidy.

The breakfast (was paid) was very good as well.

The Wifi also worked well...

Overall, a good experience at a small price.

You can reach the hotel - from Gare de Lyon - using the Bus No. 24 - which drops you right infront of the Bercy 2 Shopping Mall (IBIS, is located next to the bercy 2 Shopping Mall)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank SuparnaSharmaChopra
hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights with husband and friends on sightseeing trip. Hotel just outside Paris ring road. Next door to shopping mall with Carrefour and on No. 24 bus route so easy to get in and out of Paris although buses can get crowded. Room minimalist. Only 4 hangers for clothes, no drawers, so had to live out of suitcase. Double glazing in our room (444)poor as wind whistled through and noise from the traffic was constant. We didn't complain as it was only a short stay although they do have a 15 minutes policy which basically means they have 15 minutes to correct any problem. Room and public rooms modern and very clean. Comfortable bed. Breakfast - continental, so no hot dishes but would have been welcome as it was bitterly cold and snowing. Expensive at 9 euros each but restaurant never crowded. Bathroom fine but only had two towels (one each) for whole of stay. Bar area very quiet but that suited us. Lots of students staying so Reception could be crowded at times. Staff polite. As we stay in Premier Inns in the UK a lot we found this hotel much more expensive (although I suppose Paris suburbs are bound to be more expensive) and bedrooms less well-equipped. On the whole a reasonable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

1 Thank thedavises
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Most closest hotel to our office. This is the only reason to take a room there..
Small rooms (my one had broken fan-coil). Comfort bed (queen-size).
Bedclothes hasn't been changed for a week! On the fourth day I found a small note on my bed which says "Sorry, but your bedclothes cannot be changed due to weather condition" :) Obviously they uses airplanes to bring that stuff to the laundry and back :)
Breakfasts are monotonous.
Overall: it's not actually bad. But if you're looking for confort -- choose another one.
For business travelers who need quiet place to sleep and work -- could be a reasonable choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank DrCasper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charenton-le-Pont
Ibis budget Paris Porte de Bercy
#2 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont
3.5 of 5 stars 843 reviews
Ibis Paris Bercy Village 12eme
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Chare...
#1 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont
4.0 of 5 stars 555 reviews
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village
Ibis Styles Paris Bercy
Ibis Styles Paris Bercy
#951 of 1,810 in Paris
3.5 of 5 stars 1,813 reviews
Pullman Paris Centre - Bercy

Been to Ibis Paris Porte De Bercy? Share your experiences!