“Misleading description and bad attitude” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Les Clefs de Champagne

Les Clefs de Champagne
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruvigny
Les Clefs de Champagne
You added Les Clefs de Champagne to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   54, Grande Rue, 10410 Ruvigny, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Ruvigny B&B and Inns
Alicante
“Misleading description and bad attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I actually didn't stay at this hotel! I booked it based on the description on the Internet. The first problem was that I was travelling with a dog from souther Spain to England, so wanted to book hotels with restaurants so I could eat whilst leaving the dog in the room within easy reach in case of problems. I also had to had Internet access for about 4 hours in the evening. The first problems was that the Internet was not available, except through a personal dial up account - which obviously I didn't have as I don't live in France. The second was that I had booked for a Wednesday night and when I was told the restaurant only opened on Friday evenings I was very angry. Each time I went back to the reception desk to query something I had to wait ages for her to appear and then she had such a bad attitude as if I had no right to interrupt her. I told the owner I could not stay because of the restaurant and the Internet - she was quite rude and told me there were plenty of restuarants in the town. I explained about wanting to stay close to the dog and she was very dismisive. I told her I would not stay and would expect not to be charged for the night.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of facilities
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Kent GB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

Having just returned from a stay at this hotel I felt compelled to write a review so that no one else had to put up with the level of accommodation we have endured. Having arrived hot dusty and thirsty we were shown a tiny room only 30 feet from the main A19 road. The window was open and the noise and vibration from the traffic horrendous.Closing it was not much better as it was only single glazed.No facilities for clothes storage and unservicable and dangerous elecrical fittings only added to the misery. We went to avail ourselves of the advertised facilities.the pool and the restaurant only to find the pool was closed and the restaurant only serving breakfast. What a disaster and what a place to celebrate an anniversary . We visited the local hypermarket and bought a table fan to try and circulate the air but the poor plumbing and lack of sound insulation prevented much in the way of relaxation.If we had not paid in advance we certainly would have left but I cannot understand how this establishment can have a two star rating we would have been better off in a Formula One.Its a pity I ever saw this place adverised on the website as It's certainly the worst I have ever encountered

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on our outward journey and 2 nights on our return journey. The hotel’s website gave the impression that it would be a comfortable hotel with a restaurant that provided good quality and reasonably priced food. Although the hotel had few clients when we visited, we were allocated a room in the roof which, as a result, was sweltering (most of the rooms are in the roof). The toilet appeared to collect effluent from neighbouring rooms or from lower in the drainage system, so we requested a room change on our return visit. Having experienced two rooms, we can tell you that neither was spacious and each one had problems – the heat, thin walls allowing noisy neighbours to disturb sleep, in the second room the TV wall bracket stuck out dangerously at head height where one had to walk to get further into the room, and tiny bathrooms (in the first, the only thing stopping the large mirror from falling was that is was leaning on the light bulb fixed over the sink and, in the second, the hairdryer and the lock on the bathroom door were broken). On our outward stay, the restaurant was not serving food and, on our return stay, the very limited menu consisted of a selection of bar snacks – plate of onion rings, plate of chicken wings, etc. The set menus mentioned on the hotel’s website did not appear to be on offer. Very tired and hungry, having been travelling for about 9 hours, we decided to sample the only apparently large meal on the menu, a platter of tapas. For 14 Euros per person (about £9.50pp), we were each served a platter of 6 or 7 bar snacks - 3 of each of onion rings, breadcrumb covered pieces of cheese, breadcrumb covered broccoli bites, mini spring rolls, I can’t remember the rest. These were presented on a thin layer of dry, limp lettuce along with a pot of barbecue sauce. In other words certainly not the promised local specialities or fine cuisine.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Les Clefs de Champagne? Share your experiences!