“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Balladins Mulhouse / Euroairport

You added Hotel Balladins Mulhouse / Euroairport to your Saves list
Hotel Balladins Mulhouse / Euroairport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Rue Robert Schuman | Parc d'Activites, 68870 Bartenheim, France   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bartenheim
Zurich, Switzerland
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We spent 1 night at this hotel before getting an early flight at Basel/Mulhouse Airport. The location itself is VERY close to the airport. thats somehow positiv and at the same time very negative: I do ALWAYS sleep with earplugs but even with this help it was impossible for me to catch some sleep until 0.30-1.00am (until the last plane landed). you will always say "thanks god" when a plane passes by and didn't crash in that hotel. its so noisy!

also I can't say it was clean.... there was an awful smell when we checked in - later we found out that they were 4 (!) zigarettes in the toilet. it was disgusting! we then had a look UNDER the bed and found a sock from the last visitor! also the linen had stains and the pillow was not changed.
I doubt, that they cleaned at all. I mean - how can you forget to look into the toilet and not smell old zigarettes?

oh! .... the bed size is so small, my husband fell out of his single bed when he wanted to turn himself!

the plan was to catch some sleep and feel rested for an early flight. It was a horrible, disgusting night and Id definitely not recommend the hotel - its not worth it, not even for little money.

the only positive thing was: the car lot is gated and the receptionist was friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
chania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

we stayed in this hotel as we were travelling from calais to venice we arrived about 17.30 as we were leaving the next day early we ate and retired for the night
we were awake about 22.00 being bitten in bed
we took the covers of and saw little black beetles in the bedding
we took it outside and shook them and remade the beds
at about 1.40 we were being bitten again so we left and carried on our journey
previously we had stayed at this hotel for 4 trips we will not be staying again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Basel, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is an ideal place if you have been driving a long time and need a few hours sleep before hitting the road again. However, any longer stay I would definitely not recommend this place. I had to move out of my house in a nearby village due to some building work. So, I thought I would stay here, but I was not very pleasant. The heater in the room was broken, the bed covers had cigarette burns in them and the shower room is like an toilet on a plane. YUK. The staff were friendly, that was the only real saving grace.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This motel (it has no restaurant or bar) is right underneath the take off and landing path to Basle Airport. It is impossible to sleep when the planes are flying. which was from 5 AM to 11 PM whilst I was there.There are no restaurants within waliking distsnce of the Motel as it is in an industrial park. Rooms are accessed by a code which for me and past guests did not work. The only positive thing I can say is that the place was clean and cheap.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor as all passers bycan see in .
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kasterlee, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Booked 2 rooms via www.booking.com and indicated a late arrival as reception was going to be closed at 21h00. Did receive a phone call at 21h00 with access codes for the 2 rooms booked, but upon arrival one seemed to be wrong, so I could not enter the 2nd room. No way to get hold of someone at the 2 (emergency) nrs. indicated at the reception. I do have understanding for their limited service (due to very cheap room rates), but cannot accept that in such a case you have to move in the middle of the night to find another hotel ...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Airdrie, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel one night.
Was contacted by reception staff by telephone around midday and informed they would be closed between 12 and 5pm and that I would be unable to checkin. I informed that I wouldnt be able to wait - I was given a keycode to access room.

Rooms very small. Toilet come shower room - tiny. Appeared clean enough though. Walls paper thin! Didn't see any staff during my stay - could have been a good thing.

Miles from anywhere. Couldn't get a taxi back to airport next day.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

This hotel was basic (really a motel) and good for a stop over but I wouldn't recommend it for a longer trip. The staff were helpful, and the hotel was functional. You really need a car to stay here. We took the train one day to Basel, but the trains are very infrequent, so not a good idea to rely on this. The hotel is in Bartenheim which has a couple of pizza restaurants but that's really it. The room itself was clean and functional. It was very tiny, we were glad to only be sleeping in it and out during the day. The shower and the toilet form a wet room with no shower curtain, so when you use the shower the toilet gets soaked which is quite inconvenient (make sure you take the toilet roll out!) One day when we came back the cleaning staff had locked the toilet flush on by accident so it must have been flushing for hours. Another day they forgot to lock the room again after cleaning it, but thankfully nothing was missing. The guests above us were really noisy one of the evenings, we couldn't sleep until the early hours, the walls of the room are very thin. However saying all that it's very difficult to get a reasonably priced hotel this close to the Swiss border, so it did the job but I wouldn't particularly recommend it as a hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Balladins Mulhouse / Euroairport? Share your experiences!