“Amazing Family Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa

You added Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   3800 North Ocean Drive, Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL 33404   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grapevine, Texas
“Amazing Family Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We couldn't have asked for more from this amazing experience. My wife and I planned our wedding here because it was close to where I was born and where my family lives. Beyond the primary reason for us going, the wedding, I was really looking forward to the trip for our family. I recently lost my sister this year due to unnatural causes and I knew that this wedding could bring us all back together again under happier circumstances.

The resort was amazing, that's all I can say...the rooms, the service, the beach, were all magnificent. The front desk manager, Chris, upgraded us to the presidential suite two days into our stay and I was totally blown away by this gesture. The suite had 3100 sq ft of space and really came in handy when we were getting ready for the ceremony. All of my family and our friends were able to sit comfortably and meet with each other while we got ready and did our photo shoot. The view was exceptional and the amenities were first class. Our teenagers really made use of the 65" theatre room that the suite offered.

The whole experience really elevated us to a different level of service than we are accustom to. I am thankful to the entire hotel staff for their professionalism, attention to detail, and their responsiveness to our needs. I would certainly recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Singer Island. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Sayreville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

First I just want to say I am not sure how anyone can write a negative review about this resort. Everything I have seen and heard while I was here makes this one of the top 10 resorts I have ever been to (I have been to quite a few)

The service: A+
We showed up about 3 hours early before check in, they checked us in early without any issues. They walked me and my family to the elevator, provided us with the information regarding the resort and what it offered.
Every staff member here is beyond professional and courteous, they are so nice, it makes you feel good. They call you by your name, and offer you help at every step. One day I woke up and found out my bathroom outlets were not working, I called the front desk, and I would say within 5 minutes, someone came and fixed it, the fuse had tripped. Everyone is very friendly and caring, could not ask for a better staff. They deserve a lot of credit for making this place so enjoyable.

The room (1402) A+
The room we had a view of the ocean and the coast line, it was spotless clean, with everything you can ask for. It was equipped with top of the line appliances and very well kept. The design and setup of the room was beautiful. 3 LG LCD TV's with BOSE system. King size bed was very comfortable and provided very comfortable sleep. Very clean and updated bathrooms.

The resort is a bit pricey. 3 drinks at pool side cost $36. A bottle of coke was $3. They offer Starbucks coffee in the main lobby $3. Solu is great, also a bit pricey but worth every penny. We parked our car with the valet for $20 a night and $3 tip everything we went in and out, but they are very nice and very helpful, not to mention a pleasure to chat with.

The pool and the beach are also awesome, my kids had sooo much fun, and the beach is clean, not crowded and very enjoyable. The water is clear and clean. I used the gym everyday that I was there; better to go before 7:30AM.

No free Internet, which sucked big time. I paid $9.99 a night for the use. They do offer 15 minutes free at the main lobby pc room, every hour after that is billed to the room. They do have a free setup for guests to print out their airline boarding passes for free.

Some tips, when you leave the resort and if you make a left at the main street , the area you drive thru is pretty run down and looks like the poor part of town, so instead make the right and go down for about 5 miles, it will take you to Route 1, if you make a right on Route 1 it will take you to Publix (super market) Starbucks, Ritas ice-cream, Tijuana Flats (must try, awesome place for quick Mexican) There is also this place called Crazy Cuban, it is open only Mon-Fri 8-4, this is another must try place.
If you make a left at the light on Route 1, it will take you to Carabas, Gardens Mall, Ruth Chris steak house and a few other places. We mainly made a right on Route 1.
If you enjoy seafood, look for this place called The Crab House, it’s about a 15 mile drive, but worth the trip.

Bottom line, this resort is top notch, worth the money you will pay. Clean, comfortable, top notch service and quality comparable if not better than a lot of other 4 to 5 star Resort Hotels. This is truly a hotel dedicated to making their guests feel they are at a luxury hotel, and I honestly think it is.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

The hotel is on a thin barrier island just outside of Riviera Beach (sketchy area), and even the businesses near the hotel are iffy. The front section of the hotel is all owner occupied condos, so the ’Ocean View’ is from side facing rooms and one side is a huge empty lot, which ruins the view. The hotel is pretty, the rooms LOOK awesome (we got a two bedroom condo), but the furniture is city style, so it is smaller scale and not very comfortable. Nice Bose 321 stereo, 3 flatscreen TV’s, very well equipped kitched with pots, pans, plates and silverware. Big problems with the maid service, who continually showed up at around 5 or 6 p.m. all week, and I found toenail clippings in the bathroom the day I checked in (big, beautiful bathrooms otherwise) . The mandatory valet service is SLOW, even though I tipped every time. The hotel staff were nice enough, but not overly so. Everyone seemed new, so I think turnover is an issue. Management seemed non-existant. The beach had an erosion problem. so get there early to get a seat that won’t be impacted by the tides. In retrospect, I should have shelled out a few more bucks and gone to the Ritz, because this was not much of a bargain pricewise, and did not deliver in terms of pleasing environment or service. I didn’t want to spend my vacation complaining on the phone about everything, but now I think I should have. As a final insult, the resort had a $50 per day credit for incidentals (room service, etc) and never credited to my room. Several calls to the manager went UNRETURNED. They stiifed me out of $350. It is not going to put me in the poor house, but I travel often to that area, and I would NEVER go back to this hotel. I tell my coworkers to avoid it like the plague.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

We are Marriott time share owners and have been staying on Marriott properties for 11 years. When we arrived, we were blown away by the beauty of the rooms and the beautiful ocean view. We were pleasantly surprised by the activities available considering so many people said there was nothing to do. There were all kinds of people snorkeling and para-sailing in the beautiful blue waters. We ate at several excellent restaurants just up the road and we drove down to West Palm Beach's City Place area and also across the inter-coastal waterway to visit the Flagler History Museum and to see all the beautiful beach homes along the ocean. We also went to dinner down on Clematis Street, which had all kiinds of young people, teenagers, singles, etc. and great food options and live music in various places. We spent five days in the area and had a great time.

The downside for us was very unexpected considering we have been a part of the Marriott "family" for quite some time, and as far as I know, has never been one of their policies at any of their resorts. As mentioned in some of the other reviews, we were disappointed that we had to pay to park each day, not even counting all the tipping to get our car each time we were going out. Also, when we accessed the internet in our room, we were notified that there would be a daily charge of $10. When we asked about this, we were given all kinds of lame excuses. Considering the place is very expensive, I was surprised that they felt the need to nickle and dime you to death in addition to the normal charges. Very poor customer service in my opinion. Between the extra charges, our bill was an additional $300-$400.

Loved the place and the personnel were very pleasant and helpful and never gave the impression that the place was too snooty for families. The loser in this is Marriott itself for making money off of small things that shouldn't hinder anyone's vacation.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I thought this hotel was excellent and I definitely enjoyed the stay. On the night of our arrival we were greeted very friendly and called by our names as if they expected we were coming. Our 2 bedroom suite was absolutely spectacular!! The master bedroom had one massive king bed with a flatscreen TV. It also had an amazingly giant bathroom. My children's room had 2 double beds, perfect for my two kids. Even their bathroom was pretty large, but not as large as ours. It also included a big plasma TV with Bose surround sound speakers (nice touch) with a large couch along with two smaller chairs. The so called "kitchenette" was actually bigger than my kitchen in my loft in Manhattan. It was fully stocked with pots, pans, silverware etc. I would also recommend to buy some groceries; there's a Whole Foods Market not far from the hotel in Palm Beach Gardens. So pretty much the rooms are perfect. The service was excellent throughout our stay, amazing over-friendly. I would never imagine such good service in a Marriott, but this was probably the best one I've stayed in. The beach was nice, clean, and felt so warm like a bath. Their restaurant Solu, is absolutely excellent! Try their grouper fish tacos (makes me hungry just thinking about it) are amazing and definitely recommend! Okay, so these are the highlights of this nice resort, but there are some needed improvements.
The first bad thing about this hotel is that they try to rip you off with every little thing. For example they ONLY have valet parking and its $20 a night and for chairs on the beach it costs $11 an hour. I mean what's up with that?? There food is pretty good at Solu, and is expensive, but the poolside cafe at the kid's lagoon pool everything there is the same price as Solu, except for the fact that the food is absolutely horrid! Another thing this place needs to fix is its location. It's located on Singer Island which is an island with hotel after hotel and condo complexes, and it's very tiny. There aren't any good restaurants on the island, and if you want to go to actual Palm Beach, it's a 20 minute drive through the poor side of town. Luckily there are some good restaurants at Palm Beach Gardens which is about a 10 minute drive to, plus you don't have to drive through a bad area. Overall I recommend this hotel and think that its awesome, just these tiny things that bother me and thing that should be improved.

Weston, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We do stay-cations in FL every year, and this was the best. We have a 23 month old baby and stayed in a suite which was modern, spotless, and BIG. The bed was so comfortable I almost melted in it. The bathroom is all marble, and shower, tub, and toilet are all in seperate areas.
The lagoon pool is amazing! One end is built like a shallow beach with a gradual incline which makes it ideal for babies/toddlers. There is a huge waterfall cascading over a cliff-like setting in the center of the pool. At the other end is a giant slide which was reallllly popular with my husband and baby (they went down it together about 50 times).
What makes this resort great is that there are 2 pools...the other one is in the back of the hotel right on on the beach. It's an infinity pool so the water falls off the edges making a very serene appearance.
Only drawback was the food which I wasn't crazy about.
But I would go back in a heartbeat.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

This resort is up there on my Top 3 Hotels I've stayed in!!
Loved the rooms! Complete with kitchen, counter and bar stools! HUGE bathroom and bedroom! Exactly how i want want my next home to look like! Very nice resort, spa and pool!
Only down-side is that there's not much else to do around the city of West Palm Beach. My boyfriend and i are in our late 20's and early 30's and we weren't looking for any loud parties or anything, but it was quite a boring town to be in. Other than the resort being sooo incredible and nice, there's not much else to do. We even attempted to go to the local zoo which was nothing other than an aquarium.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!