“#paradiseproblems” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa

You added Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   3800 North Ocean Drive, Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL 33404   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
Overland Park, Kansas
“#paradiseproblems”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This resort was great, so great that my wife and I would nit-pick and labeled some of the issues #paradiseproblems for those of you that speak Twitter.

We (wife and 2 girls ages 6&2) stayed for 1 week in July. It was awesome, we will be back. My parents also stayed in their own room, they loved it as well. Since I was in 1 and 2 bedroom suites I thought I might be able to provide some unique feedback that may help others:

First, let me point out this is a Category 9 Marriott. I think 9 is the highest it goes. If you like "service" and "amenities" and realize that these things aren't free you will love this property. For instance, yes you must valet your car and it costs money. Or, you can enjoy the fact that you can call the valet from your room and when you get downstairs the car is pulled around and waiting. (I don't know why more people don't call down and spend time just standing there waiting for your car - plan ahead or #paradiseproblems). Same with the Bellman. If you go to the grocery store and buy a weeks worth of booze and food you can't "self-service" the bellman cart ... so relax and tip the poor kid and let him bring it to your room. You are on vacation. We found the valets and bellmen to be responsive and helpful, the concierge was great at recommendations. Actually everything I list below from a food and tour perspective came from Sean the concierge ... stud!

Service: EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE especially the people cleaning the rooms goes out of their way to say hello and good morning / afternoon. I also think they train their staff to tell every little girl they look like a princess, not joking as we heard this frequently and Dad caught on to this and the girls just smiled. Service here was great. Everyone says "my pleasure" when you thank them and you can tell the staff is well trained. The cleaning service was great and they checked daily if we needed anything and to make sure the room was OK. The rooms are so dam big it would take hours to clean it all so we just requested towels and trash service and had the entire room cleaned every couple of days.

Smell: I only say this because it is awesome ... but like a Vegas casino I swear they pump Febreeze through the air as you walk in the front doors or when you hit the lobby. I wish my house had that feature. trust me, you will notice it and like it.

Rooms: Holy crap are they awesome and this makes the property. There are 21 floors according to the elevator (rooms start on 4th floor, no 13th floor, and go up to 21). We had a 2 bedroom condo (yes condo - not suite) as all the rooms are either 1 or 2 bedroom condo's. We had a great view from the 20th floor with a view of the ocean on the right and the inter-coastal on the left. It was spectacular. As a side note my parents original room was on the 5th floor and they stared directly at a palm tree. They moved 2 days later to 10th floor overlooking the pool. The resounding feedback was higher is better and ocean view is the best, highly suggest you go that route. The condos are amazingly spacious, you do not feel like you are in a hotel room. The rooms have full kitchens minus an oven. Full size fridge with an ice maker, small stove top, microwave, dishwasher, and stackable washer / dryer, 3 TVs, spacious balcony, Bose radio. The rooms have coffee mugs, glassware, utensils, stainless pots and pans, cutting board, knives etc. I was impressed. They supply paper towels and liquid dish soap. My only complaint was I wish they had a full size coffee maker, they one in the room is a half-pot ... #paradise problems. Other #paradiseproblem the trash can under the sink was too small. Other than that, ZERO room complaints The fact that we could make bacon and eggs and sandwiches for lunch saved me about $1000 easily. This is the main reason we will return as you get condo amenities in a resort setting ... oh and the 20th story ocean view is a nice touch too.

Helpful tips: when you arrive, there is a Publix grocery North of the hotel about 3 miles on A1A ... that is the nice part of town. There is one closer if you go left / south ... be sure to go right. You may want to buy or pack those detergent "pods" if you plan to do a load or two of laundry, hotel will charge you. Hit Publix and buy your paper plates, eggs, bread, beer, wine, vodka ... you get the picture.

Food: There is a local pizza place that delivered to the room, Romana's I believe. Good stuff if you want to stay in some night. Also, the lounge inside 3800 Ocean has a separate happy hour and dinner menu we ordered from twice that was very good and took up to the room. I think this is the same menu as room service but you can avoid a 25% room service charge by going downstairs and enjoy a beer while you wait for the food. Food at the pool was great, one day we ate lunch there and quesadilla was great and I was even impressed with the hot dog from the Kid's menu. Other places to eat off property: Carmines (either the Seafood and sushi or the Market which is Italian) are both next to each other and overlook a harbor and your boat envy can kick in. We also had Cool'A Fish Bar in Palm Beach Gardens just past Carmine's which was good seafood as well (not on the water though). Jetty's in Jupiter was a place my parents hit that they really loved on the water with a hoppin' Tiki Bar next door. Tiger Woods lives in Jupiter ... this place is not a dump. Lastly, you MUST hit Pelican Cafe for an awesome breakfast. Very nice / quaint place with fresh complimentary homemade donuts ... this isn't a typical diner as they have lobster eggs benedict on the menu and fritatta's. I want to go back to Pelican Cafe right now. The tiki bar on property by the beack is called Coconuts. The Hilton next door (as you are looking at ocean turn right) also has a restaurant within beack walking distance called Coconuts that we ate at that was decent but very nice that it is very casual and you can walk there. The main restaurant in the Marriott is nice in the lounge and the 3800 Ocean actually restaurant part is nice too ... but you wouldn't go straight there from the pool / beach. The Hilton joint next door you can and it has a large bar that overlooks the ocean and again is a short walk.

Tours: if you have a rainy day in the forecast the Flagler Museum / Mansion tour was great and highly recommended. Flagler helped develop most of South Florida and built a 75 room mansion that you can tour. I recommend the self-guided tour that comes with these little phones that you can dial up and listen to certain portions of the tour. After you leave there cut through the golf course (straight ahead) and go to The Breakers resort (founded by Flagler) and if nothing else just drive up ... awesome (huge very fancy resort with like 9 restaurants on property - lots of limousines when we pulled up). We then drove down Worth Avenue the "Rodeo Drive" of W. Palm Beach which is a one way street with the most high end shops. We literally drove down Worth and circled back to 95 and were home for lunch, good half day excursion.

Pool / Beach: The pools are nice. I spent all my time at the kids pool aka Lagoon and went down the waterslide about 50x. My kids loved the slide. Also has a very nice zero entry for you folks with the young one's. There is a store called Wings if you go left out of the hotel literally 1 block away that is a beach discount store. I recommend getting your sand castle and pool stuff here and donating it when you leave. This place sells $2.99 shirts ... cheap and plenty. Buy souvenirs and sunscreen here rather than in the hotel lobby shop. The beach you can rent 2 chairs and an umbrella for $10 and hour, $20 for 2, or $30 for a day. They have a flag behind your chair that you can lift and someone will bring drinks and food. Keep in mind the servers have to truck quite a ways through sand to get from the kitchen / bar to the beach. My suggestion is spend 2 hours there one day and pack a pool bag and sneak a few drinks in it. You aren't allowed to bring outside drink to the pools or beach but nobody checked our pool bag ever. I brought an insulated cup that was filled with vodka tonic most of the time, be creative. I read some reviews complaining about slow service on the beach but I don't think people realize the distance and how hard it is to walk in that sand. Again #paradiseproblems just order everything you need at one time and don't make the poor guy run to get ranch, a lime, kethcup, etc and you'll be fine.

Spa: wife got a massage and grandma and daughter got pedicures. Pretty straight forward spa, good reviews. My wife did get a much better price on the massage going at 8AM, so keep that in mind when booking if you go early or late in the day the price may be cheaper.

All in all we really loved this trip. The condo-style rooms were very well received byt our group and the main reason coupled with the service, amenities, and location of the property. Palm Beach has tons of golf, shopping, and great restaurants very close so you can get in as much or as little trouble as you desire. If there is a bad experience out there we didn't see it at all and we were there for a week and my parents were as well in their own 1 bedroom and they had nothing but great things to say as well. Just understand what you are getting when you book here and realize some things will cost more but tell yourself you deserve it!

Room Tip: Higher the better and request an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We were concerned with the high cost for valet and beach chairs. The valets literally run to get cars and it was reasonable. It was better than the chaos if everyone was in the garage. Beach chair rental turned out really well since you don't have battle with towel holding and know you are set for the day. The one bedroom was very comfortable for a family of 4. We thought we would need to upgrade to a 2 bedroom but found the 1bedroom excellent. Approximately 1 mile away are some beach pubs with reasonable food prices - don't have to eat at the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was our second visit to the Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island. Both visits were in July (2013 and 2014). Last year, we had a terrific experience at this property from beginning to end. This year...not so much. The property itself is very nice and the condo-style rooms are spacious and upscale with nice views, full kitchens, washer and dryer, all large rooms and plenty of space for hanging out.

When we arrived this trip, there was no one around to help us. The valet was busy with other cars and there were no bell guys around anywhere. After waiting a while, we unloaded our car and found a cart on our own. Not a huge deal if I were staying at a lesser quality property but for this property, we expected more. The next day, we went downstairs for breakfast. They messed up my wife's omelet order twice - the last time confusing goat cheese with cheddar cheese. We hit the pool at 11am. We took the privacy sign off the door and turned on the "Please clean room" button. When we got back to our room around 5pm, there had been no maid service.

We ordered room service and the kid's dinners were terrible. The grilled cheese was cold and not melted and my daughter's spaghetti was a big stuck-together ball. The $9 pint of Ben and Jerry's was soup.

Breakfast the second day was ok except for the hair in my food. At this point, they offered us a credit for the meal. When I got the bill on our last day, there was no credit. We pointed this out and they gave us the credit but shouldn't have to point it out in the first place.

If I go to Singer Island again, I might give the Marriott another chance because the rooms are great and we had a nice experience the first time. I just hope they get their act together by then.

Room Tip: Get above the 10th floor...it's quitter because the wing sections end after 10 floors - and the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear that there was no one to welcome and assist you with luggage when you arrived on property. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with tour dining experiences and also housekeeping service. I have shared these comments with the team so that we can learn and improve in these areas. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future so that we can turn around your experience with us. If I may be of any further assistance please feel free to reach out to me.
Ralegh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Since we've been spoiled with huge JW resorts in Orlando and TX, we were a little surprised after seeing the pictures, how small the resort grounds actually are. Everything seemed compact, but I'm sure it was nearly impossible for a resort to sprawl out on a beachfront. The pools - 2 - one "infinity pool" which is just a rectangle shaped pool - and the other, family pool is very close to the resort on the second floor. Nobody from the resort ever informed us the code for the locked gate leading to the beach. We always were told by the resort guests what is was. It changed everyday.
We looked for dinner options at the resort - not many. The pool bar/grill closes way early and the only options are the fancy restaurants in the resorts. My kids saw nothing on the menu that looked good-neither did the adults! We drove a mile down the road to the Two Drunken Goats - good pub food.
Rooms were great. Very big and spacious. We got an "upgrade" but it didn't look any different from the standard room pictures. But it still was gorgeous. The view of the ocean was nice, but we had a room so far back - was super close to our neighbors.
Make sure you buy food at the nearby Publix. There is a huge refrigerator in every room.
Also, some people said the resort was right next to the park where there is snorkeling. I thought we could walk there - no, it's a car ride away - so we skipped it.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms closest to the beach are two bedrooms. Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lady Lake, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Pros-Great value of or two room condo wit stove. The kids (9,9,6, 1) loved the water slide. I loved doing laps in the infinity pool. Nice running routes outside of hotel. West palm was very close for date night with hubby.
Publix was close by and we got made most of food in the room.
Valet parking is expensive but all the workers were nice and timely. All regular staff employees were very friendly.

Cons- silly, but the complimentary conditioner is awful. Bring your own. My girl's hair wasMess after a day of swimming and the conditioner left their hair feeling dirty. The spa is a waste of money. Girl's morning of pedicures was less than relaxing. We arrived 15 min early for a
appointment. The women at the front desk was less than friendly and acted like we were wasting her time for arriving early. She finally put us in the relaxation room but made a point of telling y girls that they needed to be quiet, which they had been. It was unnecessarily rude and put a damper on the mood. The pedicures started 15 min late (yes we waited half an hour and we were first appointment of the day. Then it wasn't the forty min pedicure we had asked for. Upsetting that they automatically take gratuity because it wasn't deserved. I feel that the local nail salon puts more effort in pedicure and experience than what we got at this "spa".

The kids club was ok too and more for kids 5 and younger.

So avoid the spa and have a great family time. Snorkeling at the beach was lots of fun too

Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We own a 2 bedroom unit on the 14th floor overlooking the park. The view is gorgeous! The staff are all very friendly and the amenities are all very nice. I suggest renting the bicycles to ride down to the National Park about a mile away. There is a beach there too and mangros to hike through. We liked renting chairs with an umbrella each day to avoid getting too much sun while on the beach, and I would recomend just paying for the whole day rather than by the hour. The drinks and food at the hotel are on the higher side but with kitchen in your unit, Costco is a far better option. Costco and Carmines Market are both withing 5 miles from the resort and you can stock up on everything for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We at out most nights though and there are several great options along the water. Johnnie Longboats is right down the street if you are in the mood for casual food and drinks. We can't wait for our next trip to Singer Island.

Room Tip: ask for a room that overlooks the park
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Roger A, General Manager at Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back .
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this resort for an annual couples retreat with friends. Both times the rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. The almost full kitchen is a big plus for getting friends together for informal dinners after a day at the beach. The staff was friendly, especially the bell staff upon arrival, check-out as well as during the daily check-in and check-out of our beach supplies. This stay I was a bit disappointed with some minor inconveniences such as our microwave was broken (they did provide us with a counter-top loaner), there were no frying pans or spatula available to compensate for our in ability to microwave and most importantly, there was a distinct musty smell in the room. Even the bell man mentioned it when we arrived but I passed it off as the a/c needed to be adjusted to circulate air. After a day it was clear this was not the issue. We were only there for a weekend so it was more of a chore to move rooms but my nose definitely ran every time we were in the room and my husband was coughing much more than usual. Good news is we spent most of the time on the beach and with friends so it was not a significant affect on our stay. Finally, we paid the extra charge for an ocean view room, and technically we had a view of the ocean, but it was a side view (i.e. limited). Our main view was of the neighboring resorts parking lot.
I would like to note our first years stay was fantastic! Room, service, view, etc. So make sure to clarify what you are expecting when you book.

Room Tip: If you can get an ocean view room that really overlooks the ocean it's spectacular. The higher t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!