“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   3800 North Ocean Drive, Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL 33404   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Nightly Credit
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Singer Island
New York City, New York
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We just returned from 6 nights at the Marriott Singer Island.The rooms are all suites and are quite large and comfortable. They include a full kitchen, which came in handy. We bought food and snacks and had some meals in our room. There is also a washer/dryer in each room.Everything in the hotel is very clean and the service was excellent. If we had any problem or question, someone was with us immediately! My only negative with the room was that the lighting in the bathroom was not all that bright.They did try replacing a light bulb, but it still was a bit dark. I also wished that they recycled plastic and not just paper.There is an additional charge for parking, which I know a lot of hotels do too.The pools were very clean and the gym had several pieces of equipment. Some people in our party went to the spa and enjoyed it. We ate a couple of meals in the hotel, and they were very good. It is on a nice beach.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room with a north facing balcony, so we didn't get any sun on it. If you do...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

604 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were asked at the front desk if we were at "the right hotel". Needless to say, we didn't feel welcome. I made our reservation over the phone more than 5 hours prior to check in and she said we "weren't in the system yet". Nice hotel but poor welcome.

• Stayed January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Just attended a business meeting here. The room was spacious - like a timeshare condo. Quiet rooms. Nice beach. Excellent restaurant and bar. Very well done meeting with excellent food and staff support. Would love to spend a weekend here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and i stayed here in August 2012. We spent a few days in orlando and then drove down to WPB to meet some friends. the hotel is very nice. modern and clean, nothing too fancy, but served our purposes. Valet parking always a plus. All the rooms are suites which was very helpful since we were traveling with our 2 yr old. the suites were very clean, had washer/dryer, new appliances (all of which worked well), and an amazing ocean view. the beach is beautiful also, clean and easy to get chairs/umbrellas (although we did have to pay to rent them, which I was confused about, that didnt seem right). was disappointed with one of the pools though, the one right outside the lobby. it is quite small and there were never chairs available. if you were lucky enough to get a chair, you most likely would not get an umbrella. there were only FIVE (yes i counted). oddly enough, when we asked about the pool, we were told there was only this one, however, after we complained about the lack of seating, we were then told there was a second one. why we werent told this first, i still dont understand. so we went over to the other pool which had a water slide and a wading area which the kids loved. it was bigger and we were able to find chairs, but we did have to wait a bit. very crowded. the line for the water slide went smoothly though.
all in all, i did love the room and all the amenities. the housekeeping was sparse, they only came once in the 3 days we were there (i would have prefered daily service), but the beach and the views were so beautiful, we would likely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed here 8 times every time is better the spa is great the people are nice the room is very clean, everything you need is right on site Resturant, gym ,spa two pools one with kids slide beach steps away Starbucks right in hotel you can't find another hotel condo in singer island this is the only one. And it is great highly recommend it to anyone.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spent 4 nights here over New Year's Eve with our son, 3.5. I was a little hesitant to book this hotel in this area as we have stayed at The Breakers multiple times and I knew going into it that it would not even compare but was willing to give it a shot at least coming close. Boy, was I wrong. The lobby is nothing spectacular and looks like an average hotel. I will give them kudos for great pools - large and very child friendly.

The rooms are large and very nice especially by Marriott standards however here is where some of it fell apart. I took a shower and put on a robe after and my 3.5 year old asked what was on my robe - I thought he was well being three until I looked and there was blood all over the bathrobe - and it certainly wasn't mine! When housekeeping came to do our rooms I noticed she never changed our pillowcases or sheets as we had requested as I had spilled Nyquil and it was still there on the sheets and cases after our room was cleaned. The pull out bed is a joke with springs sticking through and the mattress being paper thin - I asked for a rollaway because I got the flu when there and didn't want to get my son and husband ill and they said that a rollaway could not be sent because we had a pull out couch - even after I explained I was ill.

Service here is deplorable - complete disorganization or lack of training - we ordered lunch at the infinity pool and 1.5 hours later still had not been served - this was also after I had to hunt the server down to order as not once was asked if we wanted anything - after I asked to speak to the manager we finally got our food. This same incident happened the next day on the beach - the server didn't even put our order in - thankfully, the bar tender at the tiki bar on the beach was affable and on his game - so thank you Micah. We tried getting drinks at the bar inside and the guy had no idea how to make half the drinks they had listed on their menu. I found the bar/wait/restaurant service to be unacceptable especially at resort where you are paying over 500/night. I also don't think they should charge 30 for beach chairs and it should be inclusive with the resort. We went to the Breakers - Seafood Bar for dinner one night and had more service and better time in those 3 hours than we did in our 5 day stay at the Marriott.

The positives large rooms, with full kitchen, washer/dryer, great pools and beach. The negatives far outweigh the positives and we will not come back nor will I recommend to anyone else. Marriott failed on so many levels and fell far below my expectations, don't waste your money The Hyatt at Coconut Grove Bonita Springs and the Hyatt Clearwater Beach does a much better job for far less money, now if you truly want the best there is no other place comparable to The Breakers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Spent New Years Eve at the restarant here. Had a wonderful meal here to ring in 2013...the food was lovely, the desserts way too many and the small band was good.

The service was a little slow, but we were not in a hurry.

The condos here are beautiful, and while staying in an upper floor over looking the ocean, it was peaceful and just a little bit of heaven.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!