We spent four nights here over the Christmas break with our children, 12 and 14. To sum up our experience, we were so glad to have discovered this lovely resort near Palm Beach. However, as much as we came to love our stay here, it did not begin well. We had requested a room on a high floor in our reservation. When we checked in, we were assigned a room on the 4th floor with a "view of the pool". The lady at the front desk offered to check with a manager about availability of a higher floor. She returned and said it was the best she could do because they were very booked. She assured us, with a straight face, that it was a lovely room. When we arrived in the room, we were completely appalled with the room we had been assigned. Our balcony faced the back of the tiki hut restaurant at the pool with horrible food/smoke odors blowing up at us. Not only was the balcony unusuable, there was no view at all except the back of a building. In addition, the stainless steel refrigerator in the kitchen area had dents all over the front door. My husband called down to the front desk and spoke to a clerk who again gave us the run around that there nothing else available. Finally, he said the room was unacceptable and got a manager on the phone who was willing to move us to a room on the 8th floor. It's almost as if the hotel tries to see which sucker will take the worst room in the hotel. I just read other reviews on this site about the same terrible room.
Now our vacation began. The room on the 8th floor was beautiful and we had a lovely view of the pool area. It was a one bedroom with a sofa bed in the living area for the kids. The kitchen was well appointed with stainless steel appliances (in good shape). We also now had two bathrooms instead of the one bathroom in the first unit. The master bath was absolutely gorgeous with a large shower and a separate tub. The bed was very comfortable. In addition, there was a large walk-in closet with shelves and drawers. This is what I expected from a resort of this calibur and we were very pleased.
The resort itself is lovely. Our kids loved the two pools, though they spent most of their time at the infinity pool (there is no sign stating that children aren't allowed and there were lots of them in the pool). We also spent a day down on the beach. As much as we loved the beach, it's a shame that they charge $30 a day for two lounge chairs and an umbrella. Our 14 year old daughter also wanted somewhere to sit so we ended up paying $45 to spend the day on the beach. Considering the level of this resort and our room cost, it seems overboard to charge so much for the beach accessories.
The hotel has lovely outdoor seating areas that have heat lamps on at night as well as some fire pits. We had a wonderful breakfast in the main restaurant each morning and got to sit by the windows with beautiful ocean views. The exercise room was well outfitted with lots of equipment (treadmills, elipticals, yoga mats, free weights etc.).
Other than our bad check-in experience, our only other complaint is the $20 per day valet fee. The hotel has no self-parking so you basically have no choice but to pay that steep rate if you have a car (which most people do). Plus, you have to tip the valet's every time you take your car in and out.
Overall, we loved our stay and hope to return again some day. Our kids loved it so much, they didn't ever want to leave the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated oceanfront between Jupiter and Palm Beach on Florida's famed Gold Coast; Marriott's newest condominium resort is set amidst the aquamarine waters and the glistening sandy beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Our condominium hotel has upgraded room amenities and full kitchens, breathtaking views, and plenty of activities to keep everyone in the family happy. Relax at one of our two pools, spend a day at our signature Spa, play on the beach, or take part in the extraordinary shopping and dinning of Palm Beach, the choices are all yours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort And Spa
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Hotel Singer Island
- Hotel Singer Island Florida
- Singer Island Resort
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa Florida