“Great Stay Over the Holidays” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa

You added Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   3800 North Ocean Drive, Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL 33404   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
washington, dc
“Great Stay Over the Holidays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent four nights here over the Christmas break with our children, 12 and 14. To sum up our experience, we were so glad to have discovered this lovely resort near Palm Beach. However, as much as we came to love our stay here, it did not begin well. We had requested a room on a high floor in our reservation. When we checked in, we were assigned a room on the 4th floor with a "view of the pool". The lady at the front desk offered to check with a manager about availability of a higher floor. She returned and said it was the best she could do because they were very booked. She assured us, with a straight face, that it was a lovely room. When we arrived in the room, we were completely appalled with the room we had been assigned. Our balcony faced the back of the tiki hut restaurant at the pool with horrible food/smoke odors blowing up at us. Not only was the balcony unusuable, there was no view at all except the back of a building. In addition, the stainless steel refrigerator in the kitchen area had dents all over the front door. My husband called down to the front desk and spoke to a clerk who again gave us the run around that there nothing else available. Finally, he said the room was unacceptable and got a manager on the phone who was willing to move us to a room on the 8th floor. It's almost as if the hotel tries to see which sucker will take the worst room in the hotel. I just read other reviews on this site about the same terrible room.

Now our vacation began. The room on the 8th floor was beautiful and we had a lovely view of the pool area. It was a one bedroom with a sofa bed in the living area for the kids. The kitchen was well appointed with stainless steel appliances (in good shape). We also now had two bathrooms instead of the one bathroom in the first unit. The master bath was absolutely gorgeous with a large shower and a separate tub. The bed was very comfortable. In addition, there was a large walk-in closet with shelves and drawers. This is what I expected from a resort of this calibur and we were very pleased.

The resort itself is lovely. Our kids loved the two pools, though they spent most of their time at the infinity pool (there is no sign stating that children aren't allowed and there were lots of them in the pool). We also spent a day down on the beach. As much as we loved the beach, it's a shame that they charge $30 a day for two lounge chairs and an umbrella. Our 14 year old daughter also wanted somewhere to sit so we ended up paying $45 to spend the day on the beach. Considering the level of this resort and our room cost, it seems overboard to charge so much for the beach accessories.

The hotel has lovely outdoor seating areas that have heat lamps on at night as well as some fire pits. We had a wonderful breakfast in the main restaurant each morning and got to sit by the windows with beautiful ocean views. The exercise room was well outfitted with lots of equipment (treadmills, elipticals, yoga mats, free weights etc.).

Other than our bad check-in experience, our only other complaint is the $20 per day valet fee. The hotel has no self-parking so you basically have no choice but to pay that steep rate if you have a car (which most people do). Plus, you have to tip the valet's every time you take your car in and out.

Overall, we loved our stay and hope to return again some day. Our kids loved it so much, they didn't ever want to leave the resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Miami Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Just as we did last year, this September our family stayed at the Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa. Our group consisted of three age groups. Seniors, Middle Aged, and Teens. There was something for everyone to do. You could enjoy a walk on the beach and pick shells or a nice swim. You could also enjoy their spa facility or the adult pool. The pool which had the slide was fantastic. The restaurant by the pool and the band playing made you feel like if you were in some island paradise. Some of us also used the gym. At night we would sit outside by one of the fire pits and enjoy the wonderful breeze and the beautiful moonlight.
No matter if it is a large group or a couples get-away, this is a place to come to. I hope to be back next summer.

• Stayed September 2012
Fairfield CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a 2 bedroom “oceanview” condo. Main thing to know is ocean view actually means a view of a construction site with a porta potty on it. The photos on the website that you might imagine you would be getting are actually residences and not available to guests. I’ve attached a photo.
The condo was well stocked and maintained. Clean. The outdoor patio was not, even though it had comfy chairs and cushions, they were in bad shape. The room was quiet, but one thing I really didn’t like is you cannot open a window in the bedroom. You are hermetically sealed in. Why be at the ocean?
The first condo I was shown ( at a very high holiday rate ) overlooked the valet on a low floor. Honking horns, alarms included. I called down to see what else was on offer and was told there was no availability – of anything. A quick look on their website confirmed this was a largish fib and I want downstairs to ask again and they put me on the 14th floor which was better and less noise, but the view was pretty uninspiring to say the least.
The bed linens, towels and amenities are very nice for a Marriot. Great kitchen with teas and coffee were complimentary. The fridge was very well stocked with some higher end champagne etc. The wireless worked well. All the staff was very nice and genuine. The valet was a pain, as we were very busy during our stay and how we wished we could self park. We didn’t want to have to call our car 5 times a day. I probably won’t use this hotel again even though if you’re a family on a budget, I think you would get some decent rates and it might be ok.

Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I just had the pleasure of staying at the Marriott Resort for 4 nights through a private owner at the resort. He owns apt 1807 and it was incredible. His rate was less than the Marriott rate and a bigger 1 bedroom condo along with free wifi. The bonus about staying at one of the private owner condos is that you get a better rate, bigger condo AND all the great extras the Marriott provides. The restaurant is ok there, but the room service was incredible! The adult pool was nice and quiet with a great wait staff to accomodate your every need. There is even a waitress that will come out to the beach and bring you cocktails or meals.

The entire hotel is very well kept and the staff is awesome. I never ran into someone that didn't have a hello and a smile on their face. It was a rough time for me (lost my dad) so this was just the trip I needed to to unwind.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat and in particular unit 1807 (18th floor and stunning views). I found them on vrbo site. But the hotel condos are very nice as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is the second time that we have stayed at this resort and it was even better than the first which I did not think was possible. All the staff are exstremely friendly and helpful and they made our family holiday a wonderful experience, so much so that we extended our stay. The only negative is the valet parking, although the staff are quick in getting your car it is sometimes a bit of a nuisance when you come back to the resort and want to go out again an hour later. The hotel should offer the possibilty of guests parking their own cars.
Well done to Chris Hunter and his staff.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor ocean facing.
Naples, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Service is terrible.

Assistant manager and valet manager claim there is no maximum fee to park when the sign says $20. All the valet people except 1 guy is an idiot!

There are people clueless standing around and people providing wrong information about valet fees as well as their per policy.
They said no dogs in building yet I've seen 2 and I couldn't bring my dog.

- E.M.H.

• Stayed December 2012
Bellmore, N.Y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I chose this hotel through a jet blue getaway. the reviews were outstanding and it was rated the best resort in the singer island area. We werent dissapointed. Before arriving I had contacted the hotel and spoke to the manager Tom and explained to him that my wife was recovering from a serious illness had i wanted to see if there was something special that I could do to make her stay a little stay more memorable. Tom responded with caring and consideration and got to work. He called me back promptly had explained that there was an opening for a King corner room available for a slightly higher price but assured me it would be worth it.I accepted. We arrived and were greeted very warmly and Tom took the time to come out and greet us personally and show us around. A real class act. This is one of the reasons we are Marriott Time share owners and always choose Marriott Hotels not only for their luxurious properties but the staff always treats you as family.We checked into our 1 bedroom condo and we were blown away It wasnt the biggest of rooms, but the views and the decor was spectacular. We had wall to wall windows in our bedroom overlooking the ocean as well as the intercoastal and a wrap around terrace that was second to none.The 2 pools were very nice and the restaurants were awesome I would like to express my greatest appreciation to Tom and his staff on making this very important getaway a most memorable one for me and espacially my wife Thank You. We cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful. Resort view,Garden View, Ocean view, any of them. It is a small resort...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!