You added Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   3800 North Ocean Drive, Riviera Beach, Singer Island, FL 33404   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern Indiana
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Had a prolonged stay in January. Everything was great, especially the service. Condo suite was great. Food a bit pricey, but that should be expected. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: Two BDR condos do not have a dining area. WiFi and valet service a bit costly, but the valet staff...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Saint Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I attended a conference here. At first I was hesitant to not stay at my favorite Hilton brand hotel. From check-in to check-out this resort met every need. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite. The bedrooms and bathrooms were very spacious and well-appointed. There was also a full kitchen. The snacks and sodas for sale were much more reasonable than most mini-bars. Just top-notch food, service and meeting spaces. My only negative is the resort website indicates (and I was told when making the reservation) there is valet AND self parking. There is ONLY valet parking with a $20.00 per night charge for guests or $12.00 charge for visitors. Other than that, I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed February 2012
Hot Springs Village, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We absolutely loved this resort. Great place for a couple or for a family. My husband and I rented a one bedroom condo from vrbo.com and got a great price. Then friends joined us so we got a 2 bedroom condo, again vrbo.com. You can get much lower prices renting directly from the owners, but be aware that the hotel/hotel front desk have an attitude towards you if you do so. They declare that if you have a problem, don't come running to them. We did have a problem with the TV in one of the condos, and Marriott front desk said, "tough!" The problem actually had to do with the resort channel network, and the owner, after much pleading with the resort finally got them to fix the problem. Also be aware that the resort would much rather you eat in their restaurant, so the condos only have a two burner cook top and NO oven. And the cookware is VERY limited. So only plan on small, limited cooking meals/snacks. Having said all this, we still LOVED this place. Beautiful views, first class resort with great heated pools! I will definitely go back. Also be aware that if you have a vehicle you pay $20 a day parking whether you valet park or self-park, so figure that into your budget.

Room Tip: The lower the room number, the further back from the beach, like 1900 is closest to the street.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have stayed at this property a few times over the past few years. This resort is simply gorgeous, wonderful views of Ocean & intracostal. This resort Is very well maintained. Great friendly helpful staff it's a 5 Star! Great Entertainment on the outside patio on Friday night.

The only problem we had was that the beds were a bit uncomfortable. I suppose we are spoiled with the specialty heavenly sleep bed.

I also noticed occupancy was not very high but rates remained at a seasonal high over $400 a night. Although, The price is for a spacious 1 bedroom.
I highly recommend this resort!!

• Stayed January 2012
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Small hiccup when we arrived, but everything was perfect after that. When we arrived the first day around 12:30, we were told that our room was not ready. However it was being cleaned and shouldn't be to much longer. Check in is at 4pm, so I didn't complain but enjoyed a nice lunch on the patio and enjoyed the property for 2 hours. When I went back to the front desk around 3, I was told again that the room was being cleaned and should be ready by the check in time. At 4, I checked again and she said that housekeeping was still in the room cleaning. I said that is what I was told 3 1/2 hours ago and a manager overheard and quickly came over to talk to me. He gave us free lunch certificates for the following day ($50), 1pm check out the day we were departing, and had us in our room within 10 minutes! He was wonderful, unfortunately I forget his name, he then called 30 minutes later to make sure everything was satisfactory. Every time we walked through the lobby after that he greeted me by name and ask if there was anything that he could do for us. Wonderful A+ service!

Both pools are heated, however the infinity pool is a little warmer is time of year. Both pools were great!
There were always towels and water available at the pool. The service around the pool was always good. The drinks are a little pricey, but expected at any resort.

The beach was wonderful! It cost Marriott guest only $10 to rent chairs/umbrella for the day. There is bar/food service on the beach! There is also water sport rentals, volleyball, etc. It is next to a public beach, which is nice because the life guards are hired for the public beach areas.

We had the two bedroom suite, room 1502, and it was very nice and roomy. Our kids stayed in the extra bedroom and had there own space/bathroom, etc. Then the master bathroom had the balcony off the master and living room areas. The kitchen was very nice, with a full size refrigerator. We eat out mostly on vacation, so we didn't use the kitchen much. Wifi cost $9.95 a day. I've been to resorts that it has cost as much as $18 a day. So that is reasonable, but pricey if you have multiple devices.

The breakfast buffet was good but a little pricey. We added the breakfast certificates to our nightly rate when we booked. Which was a good thing, because I believe it was $40 per night to do the certificate and our daily breakfast bill was over $70, but free with the certificate. If you have the choice and like breakfast add it with your reservation. Lunch was good at the pool and the beach grill.

Valet parking is the only option at the hotel. Which I knew going in, but $20 a day is a little pricey. I'm not sure what the reason is you can't get your own car from parking garage. It is connected to the hotel. At the dinner hour it takes 10-15 minutes to get your car. It's best to call down before you leave your room and they will have it ready.

Overall it was a great vacation. We all want to return soon. Every employee was very welcoming.

• Stayed January 2012
Philadelphia and Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

In 2010 we had rented an apt in the Marriott Resort & Spa on Singer Island through a private owner. It was a two bedroom, so we were able to include our daughter and her family. Everything was fine,maid service, lovely view, small, but adequate kitchen, washer/dryer, balcony, nice bathrooms. Terrific pool for the kids with sliding board

This year my husband and I decided to rent a one bedroom for six weeks. We figured we could conduct business via the internet & phones while enjoying lovely weather of S. Florida.

Upon arrival we were told the cost for WIFI would be $9.95/night. I thought that was a bit much considering the extended stay, so I asked to speak with the manager. The Assistant manager called me to say that they could give us a slight discount. Then came the bomb! She asked how many devices we had.

Well, since we were going to be there so long and had to attend to business, we each had an IPad & and IPhone plus one laptop we were sharing. After consulting with the manager, she informed us that we would have to pay $9.95 per night per device!!! That would have increased our cost to $50. /night. We thought it was outrageous. So, that, coupled with the fact that the apt had living room windows so high that if we were sitting we could not see anything but the sky, pushed us to leave after only one night stay.

We went on Trip Advisor and VRBO and found a lovely place less than the Marriott.

All that is to say, buyer/renter beware.

Room Tip: Make sure the living areas have full windows, so you can see the ocean & beach.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
timberridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The Hotel and Location is very beautiful! I would recommend this to all my friends and family. This was our special family vacation. We had the most incredible experience because of the special service that we have received on the beach by the most lovely English gal, if I recall her name was Jane. She created an amazing experience for us! We spent the day at the beach. She served us all day! She literally ran up and down the beach to serve us those yummy frozen drinks and lunch. She spent time explaining the local area, but most of all all the amenities of the hotel. Because of JANE, my husband and got to spend the next day at the spa, while the children were safe and enjoyed the beautiful pool with giant slide and got to have lunch by themselves. Jane suggested we dine in the lovely decorated restaurant facing the Atlantic Ocean, and we all really enjoyed it. She took all the hassle out of trying to run around and figure out what to do. We travel often to many beautiful destinations, but this was one of the most special times we encountered because of the service we received from Jane. She was a server on the beach but she acted like the concierge of one of the finest hotel. The Marriott is very luck to hire such a dedicated, loyal and hard working employee. If anyone is thinking of coming to South Florida, they should come to Marriott if they want to have a really wonderful time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!