“A Nice Hilton on the Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort

You added Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3700 N Ocean Dr., Singer Island, FL 33404   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
Ft. Worth, TX
“A Nice Hilton on the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Good beach location. Helen checked me in and she was kind. The room is furnished nice and the bed wonderful. I had a "King Alcove" room and while not oceanfront, it had a great view, with a large enough balcony. For those worried about oil in the water, the water here is crystal clear as of today and the beach was clean. I still prefer the sugar white sand of the Gulf, but I guess this is the next best thing. You get the clear water, but have to settle for tan sand with shells in it. If I am back in this area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
NicolleN, In-House Reservations at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

This hotel was nice, would come again if we got it for 93 bucks like this time. Would not pay more. Lobby was O.K we've seen better. Overall we had a great time and enjoyed our stay! It did not wow us, but liked the balcony and rooms were very clean!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was our 15th consecutive summer our group of 20-25 friends and family have been going to Singer Island - we've been staying at the Hilton for the past 6 years or so. Once again we were not disappointed. We're all from Ft. Lauderdale so its an easy 1 hour drive north, but its like you are on 7-Mile Beach on Grand Cayman. We couldn't have asked for better weather this past weekend. The ocean was like a lake, crystal clear, and such blue/teal green water that you typically only see on a Caribbean cruise.

The kids are now late teens and they've been snorkeling for years on the reefs just offshore from the hotel. We've been to the islands many times and the kids think the snorkeling here is better.

Oskar (hotel valet) is such a great guy. He remembers us each year and can't do enough to help us out while we're there. He waits for us each morning to come down with our coolers which he fills up with ice for our long day on the beach (down by 10, don't leave til 7 or 8pm).

The hotel is not all posh like the Marriott next door, but its certainly not a Garden or Fairfield Inn. It was updated a few years ago (marble in the lobby, rooms redone, new bedding, comforters, towels, etc). For the rate you pay compared to other properties in the area, you are really getting good value for the $$'s.

The restaurant is good for breakfast (free buffet for Gold HHonors members) and for getting lunch at the bar or pool side. For dinners we go to Johhny Longboats at the strip mall down the street or to Duffy's a few miles north (PGA Blvd & U.S.1). For laid back dinners for 25 they really take care of us and good service no mistakes for a group our size.

We just got back late yesterday (another 5pm day at the beach) and everyone can't wait to get back there again next year.

The 'Singer Island' Gang

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
NicolleN, In-House Reservations at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments, we are delighted that you and your family have been staying with us the past six years. We are glad that you enjoyed the many amenities the hotel offers and that Oskar was able to assist you during your stay. We look forward to having you back with us next year or sooner if you feel the urge to drive up from Ft. Lauderdale before next summer.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

So check in was super quick and they were friendly. I figured out the weird gated parking area which has the gate down during the day and it is up at night. I would think you'd have it for security but whatever. We booked a few weeks ahead so I thought we'd get a refrigerator like they said but just got the mini bar... Everyone was strolling around with coolers so the coverted refrigerater must be a hot commodity. The room was average for a Hilton and was a little small but workable. The balcony overlooked the roof of the main building but I could see the ocean and the parking lot. We were on the second floor which it looked like some of the floors above had a better view. We had some barking dogs and saw a bunch of people with pets (Should have brought the dog.) The beach was very nice and they had a cool bar.
So with my stay I had a free breakfast we got down there to find out we had 40 minute wait. (Ugh. We decided to eat down the street, in and out in 30 minutes, the kids weren't having a 40 minute wait.) Went to the beach, went to the pool went to get towels... They were out of towels UGH so we walk through the sub artic temprature of the hotel and wait an eternity for the elevators (SLOWEST ELEVATORS ON THE PLANET) to get up the one flight of stairs... I'd be very willing to walk up the stairs but the only stairwell up is locked so you can't go in, you can come down the stairs just not up. They had some kids craft thing going on so my some made a treasure chest... Weird place to have it on a table in the middle of a heavy traffic area but easy to find.

Other then some minor irritants it wasn't too bad. You do have to pay for parking but only $6 per day which wasn't bad for being right on the beach.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I was booking on priceline a 2 night stay here at this hotel , but like every anything theres always a too go to be true scam for your money $$$ , Anyhow before i could even get a telephone # to even be able to ask questions the priceline advisor for this hotel request for your credit card # i put my information in ,the Reservation has been confirmed but there is a problem the hotel only holds up to 4 people max per room so i booked for 2room king suit, thinking it was more than one bedding ,but it wasnt and at the bottom of the page now that the 2rooms have been confirmed on my credit card they have a no cancellation non refund fee which means i cant change the rooms to what i need to meet my needs or get my money back to plan a more suitable location that can , I contacted priceline to let them know my situation they were 100% willing to help me but this hotel would not they were very unprofessional when i called them about this they just kept pushing the problem off on to priceline . I begged them in tears to please help me at least change the room size or let me have my money back , In which who the heck honestly has $223.00 to lose as if its only $2.00 to lost I was going to spend $500.00 of my good hard working money for my family to stay at what i thought would be a nice Hotel on our Vacation to end up having to tell my family that were now not going on our trip because now im short on the money that this Hotel took from me and not only that they wont even accomondate even the room for me for all of us ..Im so emotionally distraught over this that a company could be so misunderstanding and not want to help a innocent mishap of internet communication on booking for there hotel .. as i can say is be advise to an reservation making off the internet and read everything over several times over till your comfortable in confirming your information also best to directly call the place your going and ask questions . hope to all planning a great trip have a better experience than I did

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
NicolleN, In-House Reservations at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Holly,

We have reached out to you personally. Please know that we were NEVER advised of your situation by Priceline or anyother channel that you may have contacted. Please contact us directly so that we may assist you with this situation at nicolle.nie@hilton.com or 561-472-0316.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

My family had a great time at this resort. It was the perfect location and the beach was beautiful. The room was clean but the bathroom had some technical problems with needing to flush several times. Our bellhop Oskar from Hungary was very helpful and even helped us with directions and places to see. they had a nice tiki bar with live Iguanas running around. The hotel was loud with a wedding party one night but fun also with the fathers day weekend baseball tounament in town for the kids. We didn't like having to pay for the beach chairs and umbrella on the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

After a not so good stay at the Hilton in Pensacola Beach, this Hilton came in as a nice surprise; The staff was very friendly since the moment we arrived to this property everyone was vey polite, I was given a room with a partial ocean view on the executive floor (although there is no executive lounge at this hotel but I was able to get free breakfast at the restaurant by showing the sticker in the back of my key) . The room was very clean and it was smelling great; the facilities were very well kept and they even had live music. Although I have taken several trips to Palm Beach County I have never stayed in Singer Island and let me tell you the beach was beautiful, my girlfirend and I took a swim up to a coral reef not far from the hotel and you could see the different colors of the reef as well as some fish. The beach was very clean. I will definetely go back to this hotel and to singer island next time I have a chance.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!