“Beautiful beach... Hilton Singer Island” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort

You added Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3700 N Ocean Dr., Singer Island, FL 33404   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Beautiful beach... Hilton Singer Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Hilton on Singer Island. A good friend was getting married at the Resort on Singer Island which is next door to the Hilton. We decided to stay here at the Hilton because we didn't need all the luxury that the Resort offered. (full kitchen with stainless appliances and such) We booked a King size room with the partial ocean view weeks in advance using the online booking system along with the AAA discount. The rate was $174 plus the taxes.

Upon check-in (we arrived at around 5pm to the Hilton and checki-in is after 4pm) we were told that room that was reserved for us wasn't available BUT, they did have a room with a pool view and partial ocean view. My husband asked for an upgrade being I would also be celebrating my birthday during our stay. He was told they don't do upgrades for rooms, but she could give us a discount coupon to use in the hotel resturant. She gave us the keys to our room and off we went with our luggage to room #312.

The room was very nice and clean. We thought it was great UNTIL we opened the slider to see our pool view and partial ocean view! There was no pool view and we were dissapointed by the partial ocean view. What we did over look was cinder blockes with satalite dishes on them!!! We left the luggage and went back down stairs to the desk. She searched for a new room for us and found another room, but we would not have a king bed, but would be getting two double beds. We then were booked to room #521.

We checked into room #521. This room was nice and clean as well. We had a nice view of the beach and a view of the Resort at Singer Island. The room did have some cons though. We couldn't leave the slider door open to hear the waves of the ocean because the entrance door to room didn't properly close and it would bang. That door also had a huge chunk taken out of the bottom that allowed light from the hall to lighten the room up at night. The a/c unit was very loud which made sleeping difficult if you can only sleep with no noise. The water pressure in the shower was horrible. It took a long time to get the shampoo out of your hair. The pros about the room were the beds were comfortable and the TV was large and big screen, it also tilted so you could watch it from either bed or the comfy chair and foot stool. The remote also lit up so you could see the keys in the dark when pressed. No need to bring a blow dryer the one that they have in the room works great. The coffee pot is great. It uses pods and it can brew one or two cups at the same time. They give you glass or paper coffee cups.

There are no in room safes for your valuables. I found this crazy!! I called the front desk just to be sure the safe wasn't hid somewhere.. nope it wasn't they have none in rooms. If you would like to lock your valuables up you have to leave them with the fron desk and they will be locked up and it is 24 hour video and you have access to it all the time. We didn't do that. We chose to not have our room cleaned the 1st day and on the 2nd day we took our valuables with us while we were out. Funny though we came back to our room around 4pm that day and the maids were still in our room cleaning!

You will find that every employee on staff here at this Hilton will go out of there way to be friendly and help you in any way that they can. We never encountered a rude employee. They were always cheerful and helpful.

We ate the hotel resturant every morning for breakfast. We had the buffett. It was $17 a person. It included our coffee and freshly squeezed OJ. The food was great! We didn't realize they had a grill the first day so we missed the omlet, waffles, pancakes, and french toast. We had scrammbled eggs, bacan, sausage, corn-beef hash, fresh fruit, and toast. You can also get grits, biscuts and grav, cheeze blintzes, oatmel, yogurt, bagels and lox, potatoes, muffins, danishes.

We also went to the Tiki Bar outside. The drinks were good and the food was also good. We had a few appitzers: chicken tenders, grilled shrimp, and calamari. We also orderd the loaded pizza one day. It was delicous.

The beach at the Hilton is very nice and for the most part kept clean. There are no life guards on this Hilton part of the beach. The water was rough during our stay so we didn't go into the water except for out feet. You can rent a wooden two-seat with cushions and table in center cabana type thing for $30 a day. They also have beach chair rentals for $15 a day. The cabana boys were very nice and helped out if you had a cabana emergency. (The wind or if you wanted to turn it a different direction) They have small bar on the beach where you can get soda, water, beer or a frozen drink. You can't get well drinks from here you need to go into the Tiki Bar.

The pool looked nice and clean with plenty of chairs. We didn't use the pool during our stay, but heard other guests saying how it felt like bath water. They have a kiddie pool that was also mistaken for a hot tub.

The Hilton was very accomodating for us. They changed our room for us at check-in and also gave us a late check out until 12:30pm. (check out is 11am) We would stay here again if we returned to Singer Island. I think we would pay a little more and try to get a room that overlooks the ocean and that has a balcony that you can actually sit out on. They do have rooms like these.

The one other thing that you might like to keep in mind is that the Hilton does do weddings and parties. Our room was on the side where the outdoor tent was for these. There were two loud weddings taking place during our stay. They had a DJ and the music was VERY loud. We had the sliders closed and you could still hear the bnags and beats to the music. This didn't bother us, but if you prefer quiet after a certain hour you may want to think about staying here on this side of the Hilton. Although the weddings were done by 10pm and then there was no more noise.

We rented a car and had no problems with parking. We also found a spot and didn't have to walk that far. You could maybe not get a car while staying here. We were glad we rented one. The cab is about $40 to the Hilton from the West Palm Beach Airport. We had the car and went down the road not to far to the Sail Fish Marina. It was a very busy place. It was cool seeing the different fish swimming around in the clear waters, walking the docks and seeing the yachts and seeing Peanut Island. (the party place for boaters on the weekends) We took a boat tour of the mansions and it was good. $28 for a 90 minute tour.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

At first glance, hotel is in need of upgrades. However beds were very comfortable, pool was clean, beach was great. Coconuts Bar sits overlooking the beach and the bartenders were great- live Caribbean/reggae music on the weekend was excellent. Drinks are expensive- but to be expected. Cabanas on beach were reasonably priced. Breakfast at restaurant was great- servers all friendly. Sean the concierge was wonderful. Ask about the transportation service available- cheaper than cabs. Only downfall is there is nothing near by- need a car- cabs are expensive!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Holmdel NJ/Ft Myers FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

I travel quite often on business and less so on leisure. This was a surfing trip with my 19 year old to Jupiter Park. The room was fine except for the following substandard items which indicated a lack of attention to detail from the hotel management and staff.
Desk lap was not working nor were the outlets on the lamp - critical to charge laptops, cell phones and to have light to work.
Bathroom has the paint and finish anealed off of the tub
Cracked GFI cover plate
Rust coming through cracked paint on the hinges on the bathroom door

When we asked for a late check out 3pm so we could shower after surfing we were told that they could not do so because they were booked solid. Then when I asked if we could use a health club shower the manager stated that they could accomadate us for $20/hr rate past 12! When I balked she stated OK we will make it 1PM... so a potential $0-60 to take a shower!

To top it off there is a mandatory parking fee of $6.00 no this is not valet parking but a flat fee to park in their lot.

BTW friendly staff at the bar/lounge...but no charm, harsh lighting, no snacks after 11PM and more of a low end motel rather than a full service hotel.

Oh and there was a great view of the neighbors empty beer bottles (bud light ) with cigarette buts on the balcony, as well as empty cases of Bud Light in the hallway...very classy Hilton.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Schenectady
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

We attended a wedding in West Palm Beach and the reception was held at the Hilton on Singer Island. We received a wedding rate of $189.00 a night (as the wedding got closer you could book this rate online so I guess the "wedding rate" wasn't that much of a deal) we drove from Orlando (about a 2 1/2 hour ride) and arrived about 2:00pm our room was ready (the front desk said it was the last one) we were assigned rm 221 (my 18 year old son and myself) we got right in and my son looked out the sliding doors to a large motor of some kind not sure if it was air conditioning or some other kind of motor but we couldn't keep our sliding glass door open because it was loud. With the door closed you could not hear it. our room view was of this lovely contraption and the Resort at Singer Island - to the right you could see the ocean. The hotel was fully booked for that night and they offered to move us in the morning if I wanted to move. They also waived my parking fee and gave me late checkout since I wasn't happy with the view. We did not move since that was the day of the wedding and we were busy for most of the day and not in the room anyway. The beds were comfy the room was big enough and bath worked fine - although I had family staying in other parts of the hotel and they had other issues (bathtub wouldn't drain and they would be standing in 5 inches of water while showering, the brides room had the ceiling collapse in her suite from a leak above, not sure what kind of restitution they received for these issues) the people that work at the hotel all seemed very nice and I had no issues with any of them. We ate breakfast both mornings (the buffet) it was 17.00 pp kids were 8.00 and under 3 was free. the buffet was good but a little pricey but there weren't a lot of options as far as I could tell they also had a menu where you could order what you wanted. Ate lunch once and that was good to - fruity icy drinks were also expensive - Pina Colida reg plastic cup size was $12.00 they were good but again a little pricey. The parking is easy - no issues. The beach is right behind the hotel - again easy a very short walk - you can rent chairs and umbrellas right off the stairs. The pool is right on the beach but you can't see the ocean from the pool. it is hidden by a wall I am not sure why - the pool has about 50 chairs around it - they fill up fast and a lot of people put their towels on the chairs and disappear so I am not sure what that is all about. I didn't go in the water but did walk the beach and found it very nice I did see a few man of war washed up - just keep away not sure if the water was an issue with those. The have a small gift shop where I bought 2 pails and shovels for my nephews to play with on the beach $4.00 each. the store had snacks, sundries and small gifts. There was also a workout room which looked nice but even though I inteded to use it, I didn't.
My niece had her reception at the hotel on the outside patio which is covered but has a full view of the ocean and it was very nice. The food for the wedding was buffet style and I would say it was OK not great. I think my sister said it was apprx. $125 a person but she did have open bar for the whole wedding. Staff again was great. You can get internet in the hotel it is 9.95 per 24hours 12am-11:59pm they were experiancing weak signal at times and I did have a hard time connecting and staying connected the first day but it seemed to clear up. Other then the view I had no other issues with the hotel and if I don't use a timeshare I would use this hotel again. There are no spa services at this hotel.
Besides driving into west palm from orlando, driving back and forth for the wedding ceremony and driving to the airport we didn't really see West Palm but I do know from this that the big mall with all the high end stores is about 5-10 minutes away and is very easy to get to. (PGA Blvd.)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

My husband and I have stayed here numerous times on business. This is a beautiful beachfront hotel. Honestly, you can Priceline/Hotwire it for under $100 a night. It is breathtaking. Ask to be upgraded to an ocean front room. Beds are amazing. It is clean and upgraded. The fitness room is also upgraded and my only complaint is the pool and hot tub are set low so you cannot see the ocean when sitting around them. Don't eat at Coconuts--the resort restaurant--it just smells greasy but they have a good beach bar. That food is really marginal. Go to the grocery store and request a fridge. However, I did have to ask for the fridge 3 times and that was frustrating. You can walk for hrs. here either way and if you walk to the left you will eventually run into the state beach park -- McArthur. Go there. Looks like Kaui with no buildings in sight at the beach park. I left my door open on the balcony and listened to the waves all night. Realize if you are going to stay here Dec. - March, Singer Island's beach is filled with millions of man-a-war (it is their migration pattern) scattered all along the beach. Wear tennis shoes/water shoes when walking. They still can sting when dead on the beach. Don't really plan on going in the water during that time. I still can't believe people walk barefoot and parents have their toddlers in the water with the man-of-war inundation. Obviously they have never been stung by a man-of-war or have no idea what they are. This hotel is beautiful, clean, and comfortable and I would stay there every time I come back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

My teenage son and I recently spent a short 2 day weekend staying at the Hilton Singer Island resort. We were down visiting relatives who live right on Singer Island, otherwise I would never stay at this location, since I find it to be awkwardly located, and frankly a bit in the middle of nowhere. It does have one nice thing going for it, being right on a lovely beach, with the rooms and public access extremely close and convenient to the beach. Just outside the main restaurant on the lobby level is a Caribbean-style beachfront shack where it is convenient to grab a cocktail or snack. They do charge for use of the beach loungers, which is something I have never fully understood. The Hilton is reasonably priced, and the rooms are decent-sized, relatively clean and comfortable, if a bit in need of updating. A major peeve of mine is that there was no in-room safe, for storage of valuables. I did get an Oceanfront room and the view was outstanding. Free parking is very convenient right in front of the hotel so there is no need to pay for valet. Service is decent, and the Concierge was helpful in tracking down a rental camcorder I needed. I have previously stayed next door at the Resort at Singer Island which is nicer and more upscale but can be considerably more expensive unless you luck into a "deal". Most of the time, the Hilton will offer better value, especially for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Albany NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

This is a great hotel. The manager upgraded our room to the 8th floor with an ocean view. It was spectacular! We could see the pool & the intercoastal, as well from our balcony. We'd heard they had recently completed renovations throughout the hotel - and you could really tell in the room. The bed was incredibly comfortable, I wished we could have stayed in it all day! The bathroom was nicely appointed, good shower, curtain & nice towels (no funky smell like in some hotels). Nice flat screen TV. Had dinner in the bar so we could see the entertainer (solo musician, great show). Although the breakfast buffet looked very good, we split an omelet before leaving to play golf. It was excellent. Found the staff very accommodating & helpful, with the possible exception of the evening bar staff. Everyone else was just great! The hotel has a beautiful beach, a lovely pool & plenty of parking. Workout area looked small, but clean & adequate. Would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — Inattentive evening bar staff (not bad, but not great).
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
4.0 of 5 stars 939 reviews
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
Jupiter Beach Resort
Jupiter Beach Resort
#5 of 11 in Jupiter
4.0 of 5 stars 631 reviews

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!