“If you can't stand the noise -” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
DC area
“If you can't stand the noise -”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel some six times over a period of five years - usually in December. We have often encountered noise problems as a result of the many weddings and groups that this hotel books. Usually we get through these situations ok as we like the location, the beach, the rooms and the staff. However our most recent stay was over the top. We were at the hotel 12/4-12/8. In advance of our stay, contacted the reservation mgr and specifically asked for a quiet room on a high floor away from the elevators. On arrival, spoke again to the desk staff and was located on the 5th floor and assured a quiet stay notwithstanding several weddings and parties. The evening of the first wedding, we found ourselves being "entertained" for 3 1/2 hours where the noise was so loud, couldn't hear the room television. The next morning we were moved to a corner room on the 7th floor and once again assured a quiet stay. That evening we were "entertained" with what sounded like furniture being moved above us til midnight- which turned out to be people in the "wedding suite" on the 8th floor. Unfortunately the Hilton has a practice of booking multiple events which ignore the rights of other guests. If you want peace and quiet - stay elsewhere!

Stayed December 2008

667 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

We chose the Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront Resort based on reviews posted on TripAdvisor.

We were offered excellent rates ($130 per night with Internet access!, room #812) so we decided to extend our stay (22-24 November, 2008).
At the reception desk, service is absolutely perfect and the people are always happy to help.

The hotel has fitness facilities and an out door swimming pool and is located directly on the beach! Breakfast is very good. We had our first dinner at the restaurant of the hotel; it is very much OK but not of great quality. Prices are really reasonable. So all in all a great experience and I will certainly come back.

• Liked — Excellent value for money, great location
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

Most people who visit Florida want just one thing... The Beach! If you want JUST the beach, go to Singer Island's Hilton. 1 minute access to the beach from just about any room. Oh, but plan on bringing a beach towel to lay on, unless you want to pay the "rental" on a couple of 2x4's put together to form a “lounger”. Actually, your towel would be better off, as various sections of the lounger were missing, exposing some rusty nails. In all my day, I never thought I’d have to rent a bench to sit on AT the hotel I was staying at. But, you know, I guess the expensive room, food and beverage rates aren’t cutting it for the numerous repairs needed to the hotel , either that or the profits are going directly to Paris’s elegant social life?
If you need quick soda or bottled water during the night, they have coke machines on every floor…Oh, wait… that’s right, they were all broken… or empty… but they were still on. Oh I see, I’m supposed to buy the bottled water out of my room fridge for $4.00/bottle. Hilton… tip for you… remove the empty coke machines, I’ll pay the $4.00/bottle. Now this isn’t a horrible hotel by any means, but I was expecting a little more for paying premium prices. The area ½ mile south does turn questionable, but I never saw any dangerous activity when I drove through in the day and night, and the amount of police presence was mind boggling. It seemed like a cop car on every corner. But yes, I wouldn’t recommend going for a midnight stroll south of the Hotel.
Not all was bad...I enjoyed the meals, and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable with an exception for a lady at the front desk when I checked out. They have express checkout in which you can just leave, but I had to do it the old fashion way, since I had to get the restaurant charges removed that someone else charged to my room. After she acted like it was going to be a huge hassle to get fixed, she finally went through all the receipts and discovered it was a simple mistake in which the person staying 2 floors above me wrote down a wrong number. She got the charges removed. An “I’m sorry” would have been nice, but instead I just got… “Here’s your receipt” and a walk away. I left the lobby going to my car thinking… “They have a review on trip advisor coming”.

• Liked — Beach Access
  • Disliked — Charging premium prices for not premium services
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Erlanger, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Resort at Singer Island for a short weekend getaway. We had a great experience and would definitely stay at this resort again.
The pool was a little small, but very nice and not crowded at all. The hotel is right on the beach with chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards and lots of other things to rent. We purchased a boogie board at Publix for $10 instead of renting one for $8/hour. The beach was nice.
It was advertised that there is a fridge in the rooms, but you have to request it from housekeeping. We requested one when we checked in, but I think she misunderstood me because there wasn't one in the room so I asked housekeeping when they were in the hallway. No problem, we had one in our room within 5 minutes. We went to Wal-Mart to get some snacks, drinks and stuff for breakfast. We should have gone to Publix because we went for something else and realized they are a lot cheaper than Wal-mart. The fridge didn't do a great job, but it was fine.
The room was very clean and the hotel staff was extremely nice and helpful. For $113/night we would definitely stay here again. I would recommend this for families and couples.

Stayed August 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

I have been going to Singer Island frequently for personal business. I usually stay at the Resort at Singer Island. I have been going off season and the rates between the Resort and the Hilton have been comparable, with the Resort higher. I had to book a last minute trip and could not get a decent rate at the Resort, so I chose the Hilton. I thought the Hilton would have undergone more extensive renovations following the numerous hurricanes which hit Singer Island 4 years ago. It has not. The lobby and common areas are pretty tired. The rooms are OK but it appears they only did limited renos in the bathrooms. We were upgrades to a 2nd floor oceanfront room upon check in and then found us next to a family whose very young children would wake up and shriek during the night. Given the duration, Mom and Dad slept through it, we did not.

Bottom line, if you can get a great rate at the hotel, its OK, but I would always check the Resort at Singer Island first. New property, well equipped kitchen, more room.....

• Liked — the quality of the beds
  • Disliked — it was tired
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

I have to say that I am overly impressed with our weekend stay at the Hilton at Singer Island, the staff was great even before we arrived. Nicole the reservation specialist is wonderful along with Oscar who went out of his way and made our trip even more amazing. The restaurant had great food and the morning breakfast buffet was even better. The ocean view was amazing and coconuts tiki bar was also wonderful and the bartenders even better! Great beach access couldn't find better and the pool area was well kept. I would recommend this for just about anyone and any situation! The rooms were great with very soft beds and fabulous staff!! If you need a driver to get around the area ask for Jon!

• Liked — Overall like all parts of it!!
  • Disliked — Internet charge
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sharpsburg, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

My husband and I were traveling for business during the week of the 4th of July and we were due to stay in Miami for 2 nights. After the first night, we had enough of Miami and called to see if we could get in to the Hilton a night earlier. We were put on the 8th floor with oceanviews and kings bed. We ended up spending 3 nights at the hotel and had a FANTASTIC time. It rained everyday around 3, so we headed to the Coconuts Tiki bar where the bartenders, Ed, Andrew, and Marge offered us fantastic service. We had quick and delightful room service in the morning sand spent the 4th of July watching firworks off our balcony that over looked the ocean. Had dinner at the local marina one night where we had the BEST margaritas. Hotel staff was very delightful...we're definitely making this our 4th of July destination.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches? Share your experiences!