“Great beach and view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
New York City, New York
“Great beach and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a fantastic ocean front view from our corner room, large windows, nice balcony. The beach was really nice. The pool was also very nice. There were a lot of people but it was large enough that it didn't feel crowded.

We were disappointed with the food at the restaurant so we ended up going out to eat and finding local restaurants. I also was disappointed that we had to pay to use the beach chairs and umbrellas, they usually come standard if you are the guests of a beach resort.

Overall the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Washington DC, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Claiming this as a resort is a stretch. Very dated, staff not very friendly or welcoming. Nickel and dime you on the amenities such as chairs for beach, parking. The drive in is not a very nice neighborhood

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Too bad I was staying here for a business trip, the beach and pool looked amazing and the hotel is really nice and clean. I only had one problem with the A/C in my room, they told me that they will fix it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We first went to the Hilton Singer five years ago for a wedding. How lucky we found this place! We go to FL annually and now always end our vacation here. It's not too big but offers a lot. Love the location of the pool and then a few steps down you are on the beach . A bar by the pool and restaurant there too. I have found that having an oceanview room is very important to me after booking one on our third stay here in 2010. I wanted a little more special room back then because my husband (age 56) had a heart attack that year and actually died. He is a firefighter and happen to be working at the fire dept. that fateful day , on his way to a call. Since he was with the best people he could be with ( and the ambulance was on the call with them) they stopped in the middle of the street,( sent another ambulance to the call) administered CPR and shocked his heart twice...bringing him back...how grateful and fortunate we are.....back to reason of this explanation!....When we arrived this year to our favorite spot I had made a mistake in booking our room. I thought I had a "complete" oceanview room like before however an "alcove oceanview" is not the same. It is a side room and if you go out on the balacony and peer around you see the oceanview. Not good enough for me....need to have the sliding glass doors open with the sound of the ocean waves and the delightful ocean breeze blowing lightly as you sleep...heaven!..At the front desk I asked if there was anything that could be done to switch our room.......one word..."Helen"....I know it wasn't easy and she made it happen. She doesn't even know how much it meant to us! This is why I like it here. The rooms are so comfortable and the staff is wonderful and happy..........Helen...again..thank you so much....This is the kind of service that makes the difference....we will be back!

Room Tip: Alcove oceanview not as good as oceanview.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
George I, General Manager at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special annual trip to Florida with your husband. I am glad to hear that one of our team members assisted you with a very difficult task and helping you find the exact type of room your desired. The team member which assisted you is noted for her special service to many of our guests and she has one desire which is to assure all guests are fully satisfied with their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again and if you need special assistance with your future reservations please contact our hotel directly.
blackpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of April on the way back from Miami .our room was located on the top floor there was only 1 lift in the hotel working and they had the service elevator in use witch shuddered all the way up .the rooms are really small and the balcony was a stand out .everything seemed fine until we settled down to go to bed I turned of the tv and there was a humming noise we couldn't work out what it was ,we soon realised it was the main air conditioning unit was on the roof above our room there were also the noise of the elevators next to our room and the ice machine next door . I tried to change the room that night but nothing available so I checked again in the morning ,they said they would check and let me know so I went back later ,I could tell she hadn't got round to it and she said there was nothing available .we decided to leave it at that and went for breakfast ,oh dear it was poor 2 choices of cereal , muffin or croissant or toast and the usual bacon and egg ,breakfast at Hampton inns are better than this,hilton breakfasts are usually really great .to top it of the waitress had charged me $8 each for my 3 & 5 year old ,it is hilton policy that children 5 and under eat free at all hiltons when I told the manager this she was trying to tell me this was not true yet in the guest directory this is clearly stated.we the went to the beach witch was lovely and the pool wasn't too bad either at 2.30 I went to get something from the room ,it hadn't been cleaned so I telephoned front desk and she said they would clean it straight away .we went back to the room at 4 and they still hadn't been i phone front desk to tell them and they said the would find out what had happened I asked if they could come back at 5 and she said they go home at 5 .i had just got in the shower at 4.30 and they turned up with some towels . What a joke .the next morning we had the same problem at breakfast and a more heated argument with a different manager I went to get the guest directory in the end to prove her wrong .i told the front desk about the experience she apologised and knocked off the parking wow !!! The secure parking with the broken barrier . I wouldn't expect this from any hotel but it was like staying at a motel .i am a hilton gold member and can't believe the way we were treated. Oh and there were dead cockroaches in the lobby which were there all day very disappointing the Marriott next door is so much nicer

Room Tip: Go next door to the marriott
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
George I, General Manager at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate that you shared your experience with us and I am sharing your feedback with our staff to ensure that future guests are taken care of. If possible I would like for you to contact me directly so I may discuss this matter with you. I want to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. Thank you
palm coast, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We only stayed one night at Hilton Singer Island and will certainly go back! The staff, especially the front desk supervisor Vany, was kind, very professional and certainly an asset to the Hilton chain.The hotel is very clean, rooms nicely decorated and Coconuts is fun,( great drinks, great bartender from Buffalo NY). with a beautiful view of the beach and ocean. Can't ask for more. The location itself is also good to go out to the other wonderful restaurants along PGA. We have stayed at other locations in that area and found that the Hilton Singer Island is by far the best.

Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nicest shower I've seen at a hotel. Beautiful beach and pool. A few restaurants near by or a short drive down to West Palm where there are some excellent restaurants!...........................................

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches? Share your experiences!