“2 star service for a 5 star price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort

You added Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3700 N Ocean Dr., Singer Island, FL 33404   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
“2 star service for a 5 star price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

High $$$....Great room...but a micro-balcony. Room service a little slow (like about 2 hours), confusing signs in the elevator says the pool and spa deck are on the 2nd floor (I wandered up and down the hall for 15 minutes before someone told me it was on the first floor). After shelling out hundreds of dollars for a room, they still want to charge you for parking without a valet. Surcharge for internet and repeatedly given the wrong wifi passcode (come on Hilton, even McDonalds offers free wifi to it's customers now). Only 2 towels per room, seriously? Sadly, I have received better service and ammenities from roadside motels...I would have expected much more from the Hilton name and price.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
DC area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Been coming here usually in winter for almost 20 years. This was the first visit since the hotel completed an extensive rehab project that took a couple of years. We were very pleased with the results. First of all realistic expectation are in order. This hotel - one of the last on quiet Singer Island, used to picture itself as a "resort." Now it finally fits as a decent hotel with a nice beach. Are you a hilton honors member - if so, take advantage of the $10 room upgrade to a nicer room with a balcony. These rooms have been refurbished and are good size. The lobby and restaurant have been refurbished and are comfortable. The hotel fitness center is one of the best I have used with new cardio equipment. Food is decent at the hotel but there are so many reasonable choices within a 15 minute drive - everything from the very good Vietnamese Express to Toojays - deli to Capt Charlies Reef Grill - great florida seafood and the always great breakfast/lunch place - Southern Kitchen. The hotel does have a nice Caribbean style outdoor bar which is very popular. The beach is great and the water is always crystal clear. You can save $$ on renting beach chairs by buying one at the nearby CVS at the northern end of Singer Island and route 1. The only sour note is the new Hilton practice of charging $10 for wifi - another example of proliferating hotel add on fees. Anyways - come on down!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the hilton honors $10 upgrade for a bigger room with a balcony. Quieter rooms tend...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chanhassen, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you're going to Singer Island, this is a lovely hotel and the best value we've found. The service is wonderful with a number of long term hotel employees who we enjoy seeing time and again. The beach is really nice, although you do get nickled/dimed by having to rent lounge chairs on it. The pool is beautiful. Fitness room has excellent equipment as well as a wall of windows overlooking the pool area. Food is just ok, but the setting overlooking the ocean is idyllic. The guest room isn't especially modern but it's nice, clean and well appointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I must take time to commend Karey(ie) (mgmt) regarding her assurance of a great stay. She immediately took control of a small issue and made sure our visit perfect. Rarely do I find this with hotels even upon visiting the The Breakers a few days prior to arriving at this Hotel. The Breakers Mgmt did not even address the issue we had involving a broken window that did not close. I would suggest they take lessons from Karey in how to treat Guests. Thank you

Room Tip: Ocean front is the only option with this location..too good to pass up
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
dtsurf, General Manager at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge one of our team members for providing outstanding service during your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Miami Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a disclaimer, I travel a lot so maybe my standards are high. I wanted to enjoy a quick getaway up to the Palm Beaches where I was attending an award ceremony.
While driving into the hotel's parking facility, I noticed that the security gate was not working...no big deal but a detail indeed. Upon reaching the valet station, there was no one in attendance to greet us and to valet our vehicle. We waited a few minutes and then proceeded to self-park.
It was 3:55pm when the pleasant front desk associate informed us that our room which had been upgraded to king size bed suite would NOT be available, as they needed to prepare the room. I noticed another guest waiting for their room as well. Since I had to get dressed for my ceremony, I was disappointed. The room was finished 15 minutes later only to find that it was not the UPGRADE but a standard room with only a queen bed. I booked a room for 3 guests. At this point, my disappointment grew to frustration at how things seem to be miss-managed. It took another 20 minutes to finally get us into a room with a queen sized bed and a sofa bed so that the 3 of us could sleep.
The room service dinner was another disappointment as the food tasted as if it were frozen and then microwaved. The burger was a patty, not fresh meat. The salmon was overcooked and the asparagus was soggy. The coconut rice with cilantro was missing the cilantro. The club sandwich had pressed turkey, not fresh, and the fries were not warm. The seafood nachos were the best thing we received.
We had ventured after dinner to the award event and returned to the room and tried our keys which didn't work. They usually get demagnetized if they are near my wallet but I hadn't brought my cell phone or wallet.
Overall, I think the management needs to work on: the presentation of the staff, the décor and building’s maintenance, food quality, and bring this hotel up to the level it should be at. At present, I paid for a 4-star and felt like I was at a 2-star Hilton Garden.

Room Tip: The ocean view is great as the waves crashing is great to hear while you're sleeping.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Grove City, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was on the phone with reservations for an hour , because we visit this area every year and we knoew what room we wanted. After arriving our room was on the opposite side of the hotel we requested, the girl at the front desk ask if we wanted to speak with the reservation super, we said if there is no way to change our room no since in bothering her. The girl at the front desk said let me get her, which lead us to believe there was a was to get what we requested. When the reservation supervisor cam out she was extremely rude and arrogant. In short we will not return to this hotel next year because of our experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights on business. Room is nicely appointed, very clean, bed was super comfortable. Bathroom was also nice and clean. Restaurant staff is excellent - especially servers Paula and Marcia! Food was great, drinks were great. The outside bar has a fabulous view of ocean/beach, with outstanding bartenders - super friendly. Front desk was also very welcoming, friendly, and helpful when I asked about printing out my boarding pass, and possibly checking out late. Bell hops were also super friendly and helpful when I needed a car to the airport.
The only negative to this hotel is that the walls are paper thin. I could hear voices in the hall as if they were in my room, and my neighbors TV as if I were watching it myself. Maybe bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper?

Room Tip: There is no bad room. Even island view has a view of the ocean from your balcony. Obviously, the hig...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!