“A great location, but a overall dissappointment” 3 of 5 stars

Announcement
Book today!
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Singer Island
Miami Beach
“A great location, but a overall dissappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a disclaimer, I travel a lot so maybe my standards are high. I wanted to enjoy a quick getaway up to the Palm Beaches where I was attending an award ceremony.
While driving into the hotel's parking facility, I noticed that the security gate was not working...no big deal but a detail indeed. Upon reaching the valet station, there was no one in attendance to greet us and to valet our vehicle. We waited a few minutes and then proceeded to self-park.
It was 3:55pm when the pleasant front desk associate informed us that our room which had been upgraded to king size bed suite would NOT be available, as they needed to prepare the room. I noticed another guest waiting for their room as well. Since I had to get dressed for my ceremony, I was disappointed. The room was finished 15 minutes later only to find that it was not the UPGRADE but a standard room with only a queen bed. I booked a room for 3 guests. At this point, my disappointment grew to frustration at how things seem to be miss-managed. It took another 20 minutes to finally get us into a room with a queen sized bed and a sofa bed so that the 3 of us could sleep.
The room service dinner was another disappointment as the food tasted as if it were frozen and then microwaved. The burger was a patty, not fresh meat. The salmon was overcooked and the asparagus was soggy. The coconut rice with cilantro was missing the cilantro. The club sandwich had pressed turkey, not fresh, and the fries were not warm. The seafood nachos were the best thing we received.
We had ventured after dinner to the award event and returned to the room and tried our keys which didn't work. They usually get demagnetized if they are near my wallet but I hadn't brought my cell phone or wallet.
Overall, I think the management needs to work on: the presentation of the staff, the décor and building’s maintenance, food quality, and bring this hotel up to the level it should be at. At present, I paid for a 4-star and felt like I was at a 2-star Hilton Garden.

Room Tip: The ocean view is great as the waves crashing is great to hear while you're sleeping.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Grove City, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was on the phone with reservations for an hour , because we visit this area every year and we knoew what room we wanted. After arriving our room was on the opposite side of the hotel we requested, the girl at the front desk ask if we wanted to speak with the reservation super, we said if there is no way to change our room no since in bothering her. The girl at the front desk said let me get her, which lead us to believe there was a was to get what we requested. When the reservation supervisor cam out she was extremely rude and arrogant. In short we will not return to this hotel next year because of our experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights on business. Room is nicely appointed, very clean, bed was super comfortable. Bathroom was also nice and clean. Restaurant staff is excellent - especially servers Paula and Marcia! Food was great, drinks were great. The outside bar has a fabulous view of ocean/beach, with outstanding bartenders - super friendly. Front desk was also very welcoming, friendly, and helpful when I asked about printing out my boarding pass, and possibly checking out late. Bell hops were also super friendly and helpful when I needed a car to the airport.
The only negative to this hotel is that the walls are paper thin. I could hear voices in the hall as if they were in my room, and my neighbors TV as if I were watching it myself. Maybe bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper?

Room Tip: There is no bad room. Even island view has a view of the ocean from your balcony. Obviously, the hig...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

FRONT DESK SERVICE:--We had requested an early check-in and our room was ready as soon as we arrived at 1 pm. (Check in is 4 pm). The front desk woman was okay; not too friendly and didn't smile. She didn't seem to care that we were there either way.
We had to ask the front desk for a few other items during our stay and none of them went "above and beyond"...mostly just stood there and looked like they hated their job.
OTHER STAFF SERVICE:
My next encounter with service was when I requested a fridge for our leftovers. The engineer/maintenence man was kind of a jerk. Seemed bothered by guest requests.I tried to ask him questions about the fridge and he just said "I don't know" and left.
I also requested wine glasses and a cork screw. Those were delivered immediately by the most friendly room service attendant. He recieved a well earned tip.

The first thing we did was go to the oceanfront beach.The ocean had goregeous waves and quiet surroundings. The hotels along singer island are far enough back from the shore line that you don't feel suffocated; which made me feel like I had my own beach :)

When we did visit the beach (we stayed Tuesday thru Friday) it was pretty empty for us to enjoy it. Not many tourists hanging out and absolutely no kids. They charge you $10 an hour or $30 per day to rent the lounge chairs. We didn't spend enough time on singer island to really need one.
Didn't eat any food there. We went and ventured out to Miami, South Beach. Jupiter Island, Juno Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Port Saint Lucie.

Room Tip: East side rooms overlook A/C Units and they are loud.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

View to the room was a roof top covered with used cigarette butts and garbage. Some staff spoke inappropriate to my son's friend who was of Dominican decent. Hotel charges $10.00 a night to park your car even though you are a guest staying at the hotel. When I questioned the charge, they told me I could park elsewhere.

Room was nice. Bed was extremely comfortable. Internet and cell service horrible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CLEVELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing! everything a hilton should be. Ocean and Beachfront! very modern. Amazing Shower! Comfy Bed and don't let me start with the view! If your going to west palm beach...then you want to stay here period!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night after arriving at West Palm Airport. We wanted a little 'staycation' before heading to our South FL home. The Hilton Singer Island exceeded our expectations with service, location and our gorgeous corner king-bed room. We were welcomed by a very helpful person at the front desk who helped us find what we needed in the little convenience store at the front desk. Our room had a very comfortable king bed, a very nice bathroom and amazing views of the ocean from the side and back balcony. It was very quiet too.

The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was wonderful, with views of the ocean making it picture perfect. Our server made us feel like we'd been there many times before, and that she really appreciated us being there.

There is a really nice tiki bar area just beyond the restaurant. The bartender there was very helpful and friendly.

We didn't use the outdoor pool, but it looked great.

There is a nice beach area just behind the hotel with chaise lounge chairs and umbrellas.

We plan to come back someday to spend a weekend or longer. This is one of our favorite Hilton hotels we've stayed at, and we've stayed in Hilton properties (Hilton, Hampton, Embassy, Conrad, etc) all over the U.S.

Room Tip: We had a corner king ocean-view room. It was amazing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dtsurf, General Manager at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the positive comments you made about the helpful team members you encountered. Exceeding the expectation of our guest is our goal and we are happy we provided you with that experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches? Share your experiences!