“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Agora

Hotel Agora
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Giugliano in Campania
Hotel Agora
You added Hotel Agora to your Saves list
Via Staffetta 207, 80014 Giugliano in Campania, Italy   |
Manama, Bahrain
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have visited the Hotel Agora several times at the advice of colleagues, and have yet to be disappointed. The staff are always extremely helpful, the Wifi is great, and the fellowship among travelers is great.

Happy Hour and Dinner is a highlight after a long day at the office!

Generally my trips are several weeks long, and I have always met new friends at the pool or in the bar. The cappuccino is delicious, as is the food services they have for dinner. I even appreciate seeing the families and dogs as it reminds me of staying in a real neighborhood and not a stuffy business hotel.

Hotel Agora is one of the only places I regret checking out of, besides WDW.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went for work and wanted to stay near JfC.
Staff treats everyone great and is very accommodating to your needs!

I have known of this place since it opened because I had colleagues staying there routinely when they came to work in Naples, but this was the first time I stayed myself.

Will be returning when going back to the area for work.

Room Tip: Can also get rooms with small kitchen or more
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Vail, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Whenever I am in the Lago Patria area, I always stay here. The staff is like family and always attentive to my needs. They have a variety of rooms all the way to Villas. Just a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: The Apartments on the fourth floor are very roomy with a cozy little balcony. The only drawback is...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ideal for those working Mon to Fri in the nearby NATO base as the hotel offers lifts to and from work. There is a very good local restaurant beside the hotel serving typical Italian cuisine. Christian the manager is delightfully enthusiastic and will advise on all matters Italian. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Perfect.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a business trip and were quite pleased. It is way off the beaten path so you either need to take a car or be flexible with the hotel transportation. Many American military who are relocating stay here.

The hotel has a very nice happy hour where beers are buy one get one free. The wine is so large that it is a value even outside of happy hour! Although they don't have a restaurant on site, you can order from a couple of nearby hotels and they deliver it to you. The food is quite good. Also, they will take you to Maroder which is nearby and the best Italian restaurant I've ever eaten at.

The staff is incredibly helpful and the internet is good. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Naples, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

First, I have to say my family (a toddler, an infant, my wife, and me) stayed here for 30 nights while waiting long-term housing after just moving to the Naples area. That’s where I'm coming from in writing this review.

Here is the “bottom line up front”: As I was moving out our MANY bags getting ready to check out, I made seven trips from my room (on the 4th floor) to my van. I encountered FIVE of the hotel staff. NOT ONE of them offered to help me with my bags. One was nice enough to hold the door open for me to get the luggage cart through, but NOT ONE offered to help me with even one of my many bags. They acknowledged me, smiled at me, but didn't think I'd need a hand.

Other things about the hotel:
- It’s great for singles or those who like to party around their pool (they have a barbeque with music every Friday night).
- It might be good for families with children that are older (and can sleep on provided couch beds). In our case, our toddler had to sleep in the kitchen and our baby in our room (we had a 1-bedroom “apartment”) – that was NOT at all a good time, for one night, let alone 30.
- They have a nice pool and a nice, small playground for young kids.
- I had to change the light bulbs in our room (on more than one occasion) myself – which is just annoying. One night I brought down a light bulb to be replaced, and was told by the attendant he’d have to find one and would bring it up to me as soon as possible – we didn’t get one ‘til the next day. [This alone isn’t a big deal, but the rooms are NOT bright to begin with – there are few windows and very little sun exposure (our room faced East), so being down one light bulb exacerbates an already dim situation.]
- The noise is bothersome. From the night we arrived until the night before we departed, we heard fireworks (seemingly directly overhead) every night – and late into the night. Maybe this is encountered in MANY places around Campania/Naples, we just found it troublesome with young kids. There were also myriad noises from the neighborhood adjacent to the hotel – I could hear people dumping their glass bottles into the recycling bins nightly, and children enjoying their summer off late into the night. I could hear my neighbors arguing on the other side of the VERY thin walls of the hotel. Hysterically, I actually received a phone call one night from the Front Desk telling me someone was complaining we were making too much noise (“perhaps you are moving furniture?” the front desk asked; this was not the case). That really aggravated me – we’re quiet people who try to get our kids to sleep early, and to have this insult added to injury was just comical.
- The elevator only goes to the 3rd floor. Not a big deal, unless you're ON the 4th floor and have MANY bags...

I have other things to say about the hotel – pro and con – but I really cannot recommend a place where “customer service” is defined by the disregard of the staff when I was lugging MANY bags out to my van.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The person JW below wrote a negative review of this hotel that I don't think reflects accurately. I stayed at the Agora from August - October in 2012. During this time I was fortunate to meet so many people just by stepping outside of my room. The hotel caters to the military. There is a NATO base a block away, as well as a US Naval base approx 20 miles down the highway. Majority of the people staying here are relocating to Naples Italy, and it is wonderful to meet people who are in the same boat as you!

During the summer the the hotel offers a free BBQ every Friday night. Who can complain about free hamburgers and hot dogs??? They do have a guy bring out his speakers, and mics for music to listen to, and by the end of the night people do bust out some karaoke tunes. The party is over by 1 am. There is a bar next door that can stay busy until the wee hours but it isn't every night, nor is it every weekend. Meet new people at the BBQs and let your hair down. It's a fun social event! Three times out of the summer they hire a cover band and bring in vendors. They turn the BBQ into a fundraiser for local charities, but it's free for hotel guests (small cover fee for non).

With many people who stay at the Agora while house hunting, and the government contractors who live here months on end, The Agora has become a home away from home. Many come back out on Tuesday nights to grill and socialize, and Wednesday nights the men get together to drink and not talk about work. When you live here for three years, it's convienent to have a "gathering place" which is what Agora means. So these people may be dubbed the name Agora Rat, but why complain about spending time with good people, at a nice safe location? These people have such valuable knowledge about the area around them, I can't tell you how many fantastic restaurants I have been to, or new places ive seen by hanging out with them and learning where to go!

I have noticed in my short time here that Italians aren't super comfortable with pets. Some of the house keepers don't mind your dog or cat, after they get to meet them. But yes, you do have to walk your dog down the side stairwell but no longer off property.

The Agora has camera survellience throughout the entire property, to ensure a safe location. Gates that close at night, and decent parking (even for your larger vehicles!) They offer free wifi, as well as breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, croissants, toast, jams, fruit, yogurt, American coffee, cappuccinos and espressos all FREE! If you're not satisfied with that, come back for Happy hour from 6-8 for buy one get on free alcoholic drinks.

The staff is absolutely amazing. They become your family once you get to know them. Excellent English spoken by the front of house employees.

The rooms are dated, it's not the Ritz but it's not a bunkbed in a run down hostel. The owners are always open to suggestions, and are more than kind. I would rather stay at the Agora than any other hotel in Naples due to the atmosphere alone.

Casey Matson =)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Agora? Share your experiences!