“Magical wedding at great venue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Agroturismo Can Gall

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Lorenzo
Agroturismo Can Gall
You added Agroturismo Can Gall to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ctra. San Juan (Sant Joan), km 17.2, 07812 San Lorenzo, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Lorenzo
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Magical wedding at great venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

To Santi and the rest of the staff thank you for helping making my sons wedding one of the best experiences of my life . Both my wife and me would like to thank you . Kyle and Danielle put two years of planning into wedding and they could not have done it any better . They both looked fantastic .The venue is excellent for a wedding and it is obvious they are very experienced in making the wedding a special day. We stayed three days Friday, Saturday and Sunday . The wedding was on the Saturday with a meal for close family on Friday night and a bar barque on the Sunday afternoon . Everything went off with perfection . The pool is the main central point were all the people relaxed and had a few drinks at the pool bar . If anyone is thinking of having a wedding in Ibiza this is the place you should go .

Room Tip: Taxis from venue can be slow coming to pick you up if you are going out . Need to book them early .
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Wow... I stayed here last year for 3 nights for a family wedding. They hired out the hotel and had the wedding by the pool.

It was such an amazing hotel... Santi (owner) and his wife were so attentive... Santi even drove us to a local restaurant and picked us up after we finished our meal... Now that is service! Nothing was too much for Santi and his wife.

I absolutely love this hotel and can't wait to return!

Stayed August 2013
London (originally New Jersey, USA)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This was our 2nd trip to Ibiza. We stayed at Atzaro last year. Both were great. If I could combined the food at Atzaro with the setting and vibe and service of Can Gall, that would be my perfect Ibiza stay for a young family. We travelled with our 20-month-old son and Can Gall was perfect for him. It has a very relaxed family feel to the place. The owners, Sanit and Ana, were extremely helpful and welcoming. They did a great job.

One area for improvement would be the food, but that could be due to our time of visit. We were there in April and perhaps full food offering not going yet. Atzaro breakfast and food offering better, but I would stay at either of these places again.

Our room at Can Gall was probably better than Atzaro. All just a bit tidier. Really nice.

A super chilled place to hang out as a couple or with a family...and very short drive to great beaches if you prefer that. We had great pool days at Can Gall, but easily mixed in beach days. I would give 5 stars if improved food offering.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

You just can't fail it! It's is brilliant! Very modern but very warm. The view, the servis, the rooms, makes you feel like home! Perfect for weddings! As they have everything you might need: catering, a lot of beautiful rooms, huge pool, big dance and dining place with a bar....etc

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Here is the short review: Can Gall is a perfect stay for families with kids looking for a safe place with nice swimming pool, great for couples looking to relax and quick driving access to local beaches in San Carlos, and excellent for singles looking for a quiet sleeping area before heading out to the big parties on the island.

As for the longer review, I am going to focus on points that seemed missing from previous reviews - some of these are basic need to know's and some are details that just might make your experience an awesome one. My wife and I stayed at Can Gall for 3 days at the end of June.

When you get to the main entrance of Can Gall (see the picture of rooster in the TA's pic section for Can Gall) you will see many Orange trees - that's where the 'Agro' in agroturismo comes from (Hint 1: pull your car to the hotel so you can unload your luggage first before going back to the parking lot). Then you'll walk into the main reception, where you are usually greeted by one of the owners Santi (husband) or Ana (wife). This is where this place start differentiating itself. Now I am one of those people that gets annoyed when people excessively fill their hotel reviews name dropping versus focusing on the actual hotel details. But for reasons that will become apparent, I have to break my own rule a bit here. Santi - the sharp passionate guy - and Ana - the shy but super kind lady - are what you call friendly and humane people that will personalize your stay. Ibiza natives they really want you to have fun, they will tell you which restaurants to go to (drawing maps for you), where the locals shop (Hint 2: ask about San Carlos' hippy market), where it is safe to park your car in ibiza town, where local beaches are, the best nightclubs on the island (Hint 3: for day time partying ask about Blue Marlin and Ushuai), and everything else you need to know to have a great time like a tourist looking for entertainment or just like a local looking to explore ibiza's hippy side. The resident cook - of African origin I believe - is a very nice man, wearing his infectious smile he will make you omeletes with sausage or bacon every morning - free - every morning till 11am, and will help in case Santi and Ana are stepping outside. He let me borrow his phone one time and tried his best to draw me a map even though his english is not strong - but stronger than my spanish (Hint 4: try their orange juice in the morning, it is excellent freshly squeezed OJ from the trees on the premise).

The rooms are great, they have gone the extra mile to design the interior and to make it feel modern yet homey. The infinity pool is also nice and quiet, where families with kids seem to hangout the most. The water policy for an island that charges crazy water prices is very liberal, pick as many bottles as you like from the bars and just write your room number so you can be charged for it later.

No review is complete without mentioning the cons. For us the main one was the distance. Specifically, for an island that in many cases starts partying at 3am, if you are driving late back from Ibiza town and going to or from any of these Agroturismo's it is going to be a drive in the dark (Hint 5: make sure that you are not drunk and use your high beams to communicate with incoming cars to make sure that they are not sleeping or drunk either).

Rent a car (Hint 6: we rented from Motoluis versus Hertz etc. which were charging too high), the location is about 45 minutes from Ibiza's main airport and is actually pretty easy to find (look for the 17km sign on the road to San Joan) - even though for some reason Google Maps thinks that it is located on mainland Spain or Mallorca island. Once you get off the main road you have to drive about 2 minutes on a dirt road, don't be disheartened you are on the right path.

During our three days in Ibiza we watched the epic sunset at Cafe Del Mar, shopped great hand-made clothing from locals, went to regular tourist beaches as well as nude local beaches, partied during the day and night etc. but the one thing I remember the most is what Santi told us when we first arrived: "I want you to feel you are in your own home." As you can see from my review above he succeeded in bringing it home for us.

Room Tip: Best to consult with the owners on the phone to figure out your room preferences - be patient their...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I got married at Can Gall last week; We had all 11 rooms for 4 nights. Our time there could not have been any better. It is a truly beautiful place. The location, the setting, the service, the rooms, everything was just perfect. The owners, Santi and Ana, were wonderful. They made sure we were happy and looked after for every moment we were there. I can't describe how happy we are with our time there and we are already trying to find an excuse to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic so I wouldn't worry about which room you have.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

What a beautiful hotel in the most perfect of Ibiza settings. The hotel feels so very luxurious and yet has a very relaxed and simple air. This is probably due to the warmth and effort from Santi and his team, that make everything effortless.

My husband and I stayed at the hotel with our baby girl (just 1 year old), who fell in love with the place. It could not be more baby friendly and yet does not forgo any of the luxury and decadence of the beautiful hotel it is. For our daughter the easy access pool, healthy and yummy food and safe environment made it really fun for her and easy for us.

Its also worth mentioning the setting of the hotel. It really is unique. Set amongst lemon and orange groves, surrounded by a rugged Ibiza countryside, with wildflowers scattered around this beautiful landscape, I don't think you could get more perfect.

If you do stay here please make sure you go to Paloma for food. It's a five minute drive in the car and is totally scrummy.

Room Tip: If you have a baby, think about where the best room to stay is for being able to eat/drink on the te...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Agroturismo Can Gall? Share your experiences!