“Good ride!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Adventure
“Good ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Omg we learned to canter! What an amazing feeling, had an adventurous 2 hour ride - we had another couple on our ride that were very scared ( not sure why they wanted to ride as they were so bloody scared before they even got on the horses !)- however they were calmed quickly as the horses were so relaxed and calm :) they also learned to trot and canter- great fun highly recommended !
Make sure you take a camera ! Views are breathtaking !

Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“An ok ride, but need more experienced guides.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Me and my partner went on a 2 hour ride with Werriberri Trails while we were in the Blue Mountains as something different to do on our holiday. We arrived at the designated time to find that the horses were only just being bought in from the paddock. I realise we were the first ride for the day so thought that was ok.
When we got on the horses we were given a very quick instruction on how to ride even though we were complete beginners and hadn't ridden before.
About 20 minutes into the ride we were asked if we would like to trot, explained what it would be like and told that our horses would just follow the guides horse. We started to trot and then my horse decided to take off and run up the side of the other horses. Being a beginner I tried to stop the horse but failed and fell off, winding myself and ending up very bruised and battered. The guide was only 14 years old and had no idea on what to do, she got me to sit down for a bit and offered to get her mum (Kathy I assume) to come down but I declined as I was feeling ok at the time, more shaken and the saying is 'get back on the horse' so I did.
We finished the 2 hour ride which was an ok ride but after my fall we had to rearrange the order of the horses and my partners horse was quite slow so we kept having to wait for him to catch up. The 2 hour ride says that we would get to trot and canter, after I fell off we walked the rest of the trail. To be honest I was disappointed about that but I think the guide was too scared that the horse would take off again so it turned into a long boring ride for me and my partner.
Also when we got part way through the ride I noticed that I was riding crooked. The girl tried to adjust my stirrups but eventually gave up saying that the saddle was made crooked and it couldn't be fixed, so the rest of the ride I was uncomfortable.
Overall, I think that the amount of money we paid was ridiculous for what we got $230 for 2 hours ride was not worth it at all.

Visited April 2013
“A great day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful ride, nice sights , staff kept us up to date through out entire ride- learned to trot n canter- wow!!!! Fantastic!!!!!

Visited March 2013
“Good fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place to visit- nice views and very scenic..
Horses are in top nic and they are very well behaved :)
Lovely people, very helpful.
The ride was great and my fiancé and I had a great day, we did a four hour ride as we have a lot of experience with horses , having our own back in England. Well worth a visit for beginners or experienced!
Thank you cathy and team! We won't forget this memory of Australia !

Visited January 2013
“Amazing experience! Wonderful sights ! Nature galore ! Friendly people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited Werriberri trail rides on the 13 April- what an amazing experience for me and my family.
I must say after reading the above reviews and only having 6 bad reviews considering she has thousands of customers a year is great!!
We were greeted with smiles and professionalism. The horses all were in amazing condition considering there was about 60 horses in the yards and adjoining paddock.
We had our helmets and leg protector fitted and mounted our horses with the aids or a step or a ramp - very convenient!
The condition of the saftey equipment was very good :)
the horses equipment was also in good nick ( even though this is not important unless you are one of those snobby ones!)
During booking period we were asked several questions such as height and weight which I have never experienced before but now understand how important this is for the horses welfare and recommend all trail yards do it !
We had a younger guide at the front and a senior guide at the back, who helped us through our whole ride understanding all the movements as we went along :) we had never cantered and bareley trotted before but quickly learned our balance from the brilliant instruction given - this allowed us to then experience so much cantering- it was an amazing feeling! The horses where all calm and happy - never put a foot wrong ! Considering I'm such a sook I was so nervous to start with but gain confidence - the horses where easy to control-
The sights were beautiful! Just stunning and the overall ride was the best experience I have ever shared with my 2 children 6 and 9! And the hubby of course!
Kathy was very nice and the guides around the yards where very helpful- I don't know how she has the time to look after so many horses and still be able to deal with the public aswell as care for her own family!!
After our amazing ride we took photos and patted our horses good bye- it was a great adventure !
Highly recommend !