“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Update attraction details
Type: Gardens
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Award-winning 3-acre garden surrounding an 18th century Manor House and Grade I listed 16th century Tithe Barn. Magnificent wide herbaceous borders with stunning plant and colour combinations, imaginative topiary including a knot garden, topiary walk and parterre, water features and a unique shade house. 18th century raised walk provides an enticing link to the Cotswold landscape. The unusual, rare and exotic make this garden a plantsman’s paradise! HHA/Christie’s ‘Garden of the Year’ 2006.'Small Visitor Attraction of the Year' Cotswolds Tourism Silver Award 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The garden features topiary walks and beautiful water features. There are wonderful herbaceous borders displaying stunning colours and exotic plants. Obviously a lot of thought and hard work has gone into this award winning garden. It is well worth a visit. Even in October the colours were splendid.

Visited October 2013

Folkestone, England, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“A riot of colour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We visited Bourton House Gardens last week. We had visited several years ago but had been given a 2 for the price of 1 admission, so decided to call on the way to Broadway and what a happy decision that proved to be! The garden was stunning, full of magificent late summer colour. The borders were packed with still flowering plants and looked amazing while the topiary was neat and looked freshly trimmed. This garden was an inspiration to me that colour doesn't have to finish in July and I called at the Fosseway Garden Centre later to collect some autumn colour for my borders, seeking out some of the plants I'd seen. There are plenty of seats to enjoy the view, we particularly liked the ones facing the house, as you can watch the butterflies and bees on the border plants in front of you. The tithe barn is excellent for refreshments, lovely cake which is obviously homemade, rounded off our visit nicely. Earlier in the week we had visited Hidcote Manor, but Bourton House surpassed it on this occasion for colour and interest.

Visited September 2013
Newbury, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Lovely and interesting gardens surrounding Bourton House. Plus delicious home-made cakes in the tea room! One tip - they don't accept cards and we didn't have any cash so we had to make a last minute dash to the bank!

Visited September 2013
uk
5 attraction reviews
“Truly beautiful garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Entrance to the garden is through an beautiful tithe barn which has 2 amazing hanging baskets on each side of the door.

Wonderful garden full of late summer colour and clipped box and yew of various shapes and sizes.

One of the best gardens I have visited and I have visited very many.many

Very relaxed atmosphere and lovely tea/coffee and cakes served in the barn.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“What a stunning house and garden!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Oh wow! A perfect late summer afternoon. I spent a few hours marvelling at the breathtaking house and gardens of Bourton House. The immacutaley kept gardens and the beautiful house were a joy to see on this perfect summer afternoon. I hesitated at the £6 entrance fee but it was worth every penny just to see the late summer blooms and the perfectly kept gardens in all their glory. I so wanted to enjoy an afternoon tea and a slice of cake under the big tree in the balmy late summer sun but I had to resist! It would be very easy to spend a whole day dreaming that you actually lived here and enjoying the views. One of the gardeners was proudly watering his colourful blooms and apparently three gardeners work here. What a wonderful job. I will definitely be back. I took lots of photographs which I will reflect on and be inspired by. Thank you very much. I drove past today and reversed and came back to see the garden by chance. I'm so glad that i did.

Visited August 2013