“Great dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Melbourne
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Treated the wife to a birthday surprise. Great meal with the highlight being the smoked duck entree, chicken with truffle and a pre-dessert of sticky rice that was to die for.
Excellent all round meal.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Antwerp, Belgium
“Toprestaurant just outside the city centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We took the degustation menu with matching wines. The interior is special but very cosy and suits beautifully in this restaurant. Normally we don't go for matching wines but the sommelier assured us that the premium selection of mainly Australian wines was worthwhile. He did not disappoint me.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent plating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Was here for Sunday brunch. It was a 2-hour set menu lunch. The platings on all the food were very well done and restaurant ambience and decor was excellent. Food was so-so, more interesting mix of palates rather than tasty.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Queensland, Australia
“Service and Decor raised my overall rating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

So, my husband is a bit of a foodie and decided to take me here after watching something about it on Masterchef haha. We came from Queensland for a weekend of good food and our choices included Movida and Chin Chin of which I have also reviewed on TA.

Our first impressions were excellent as the restaurant feels very lush and I loved that the kitchen is open so we could watch the chefs in action. The lighting is also very clever which added to the romantic feel of the place.

We both ordered an appetiser of which both were excellent. He loved his Oysters and I the anchovy on crisp bread. This was then followed by an amazing Entree of Snapper for me and Smoked duck for him. Both were perfection on a plate! Unfortunately, it wasn't followed up as our mains were both pretty underwhelming.

I ordered the slow cooked chicken. I will admit to feeling concerned as in my mind, chicken is pretty hard to make special. I had hopes that in this restaurant, they would surprise me and do something special with it, but it was not to be. Tender, sure but just tasted like chicken. I could have done this myself and wished they had have used another bird instead. My husband ordered the venison as he had never tried it before. It was beautifully presented so he photographed it to show our friends. Unfortunately the meat was a little overlooked and slightly tough. The other interesting components on the place were puréed vegetable onion cups. These were quite yummy.

I finished my meal with the delightful prune and pear pudding which I would recommend if you want something small and not overly sweet.

Overall, we enjoyed our experience and had a terrific night. We found the service to be of an impeccable standard and the wine list was well thought out. This would be a nice place to visit for a special occasion and I would do the degustation if I returned of which I am unsure.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The staff need an attitude adjustment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have been to Cutler & Co for the last time. Each experience has been the same; everything good is overshadowed by bad service. In the past this has included being moved to the bar to eat our final course and drink an expensive bottle of wine we had bought (despite never having been told the table was booked for a sitting later in the night).