“Why I am I writing this???” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tyrian Serviced Apartments

You added Tyrian Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Tyrian Serviced Apartments
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   91 Johnston St, Fitzroy, Yarra, Victoria 3065, Australia   |
Announcement
You spoke, We Listened
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Horsham, Vic. Australia
“Why I am I writing this???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

The reason for my Title is the fact that I really don't want too many people finding out about these apartments as if they become too popular, reservations will be harder and harder to acquire. Our pregnant daughter was scheduled for an induction on the 18th but thinking she may go early had contacted the apartments booking 2 nights and requesting basically an open booking in case she went early. No problems at all. All contact with hotel was prompt, friendly and efficient. Probably if I had any complaint it would be the fact that although I was told a rate it was not indicated to me that different nights require different rates. I would have still happily and did pay the higher rate for staying on a Friday night but this should clearly be pointed out on reservation.
Having said that it is a brand new hotel with new staff and teething problems are sure to occur. We could not have chosen a more modern, super clean and spacious apartment if we had tried. The staff were the friendliest we have ever encountered and were genuinely interested in the progress and subsequent birth of our first granddaughter. Everytime we entered or left the building enquiries as to the new little family were asked. It truly felt like we had stayed and known the staff for years.
Now to the apartments. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment which was fabulous.
So much space and just so clean and if you weren't happy with their clean you had all the cleaning appliances to do it yourself. Everything is supplied and something which we very rarely find is champagne glasses which of course we used quite often during our stay. We stayed 3 nights and during that time found nothing wanting to make our stay any better. 2 Flatscreen tvs, dishwasher, microwave, oven, fluffy towels, beautiful bedding, gorgeous pillows with spares and blankets in cupboard. Great protected balcony and very secure underground parking included in rate. The list goes on and on.
Position was perfect for us but for any traveller, public transport is very close and it's closeness to Brunswick St, cafes and restaurants is unbeatable. Noise was not an issue for us even though it was the annual Johnston Street Festival during our stay. We were staying in a side apartment, not sure if noise emanating from Johnston Street cafes and publs might be a problem if staying in the apartments overlooking Johnston Street. We did hear music coming from a local club but once we were in that comfortable bed nothing disturbed us. A bank, Endota Spa and a beautiful Coles store are right next to the apartments so very handy especially for long term guests.
All I can say now is we absolutely loved our stay and can't wait to stay there again.
Well done Tyrian.

• Stayed November 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

My Tyrian experience was all about having the comforts of home, the big plasma, cable tv channels, iPod compatible mini hi fi, climate control air-con, stainless steel kitchen appliances, the comfy bed, the bathrobe etc.. I would not necessarily describe this place as a "hidden gem" or "oasis", there's nothing hidden about it and in my opinion it's not an oasis, you get what you pay for and for those looking to pay for the modern conveniences of home with the added bonus of a spotless generic environment then the Tyrian will certainly meet those requirements..

My three night stay at the Tyrian was very comfortable. I stayed in apartment 203. The apartment has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a study nook, combined kitchen/living area and balcony. Everything appeared to be brand new and unused, I would probably go as a far as saying that it had never been stayed in.

The Tyrian is located in the heart of Fitzroy, just a few metres from the Johnston Street - Brunswick Street intersection. I took advantage of the free onsite secure car park but for those without a car you will be able to take advantage of the public transport that is readily available in the area, with Melbourne CBD only a few minutes away it could not be easier to explore the rest of the city.

The streets around the Tryian can be quite lively towards the end of the week and over the weekend, so if you are an extremely light sleeper before you decide to stay here you should take into consideration the possibility of hearing some street noise specially late in the evening on Friday and Saturday nights.

I think the biggest appeal about this place is that you can have a brand new, modern, secure experience in an area that has retained much of its older character.

I would recommend the Tyrian to my family and friends and I will most likely stay again on my next visit to Melbourne.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

The Tyrian had only been open 2 weeks when we stayed in October. Chose the 2 bedroom/2bathroom accom - spacious living area with flat screen television; great kitchen with microwave, stovetop, oven, dishwasher and a full complement of crockery and cutlery - the Coles next door is perfect for putting the kitchen to use.
Main bedroom has a wall-mounted television; the beds are big and comfy and the fluffy robes a nice bonus. Everything was spotless.
The opening windows are a blessing - nice to have fresh air - and the verandah will be terrific in summer. Surprisingly quiet even with the windows open.
Tyrian is 20 metres from Brunswick Street cafes and restaurants and the tram to take you into the city.
Fantastic apartments, friendly helpful staff; great stay on the city edge of Melbourne

• Stayed October 2009
perth, wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed 2 nights in a 2brm 2 bathroom apartment. The location was great for a family as we could walk to the Carlton Gardens which has a great playground for kids, there is a Coles next door and plenty of cafes around the corner on Brunswick st. It is a short drive to Lygon st as well. Our apartment faced onto Fitzroy st so traffic noise wasn't an issue, not sure how noisy the apartments facing Johnston st are.

The apartments are beautiful, good quality appliances, TV in lounge and master bedroom. Lots of robe space,decent size bathrooms and kitchen. All are spotless. Front desk staff were very helpful and there is free onsite, free parking.

We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Tyrian Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!