“Cheap but middle of nowhere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Motel Malpensa

Airport Motel Malpensa
You added Airport Motel Malpensa to your Saves list
Airport Motel Malpensa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Pirandello 16 | Tornavento, 21015 Lonate Pozzolo, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lonate Pozzolo
“Cheap but middle of nowhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a bargain deal of only £29 (2 adults and one 4 year old) which included continental breakfast too. Huge rooms and bathroom, lovely leafy green surroundings.
However... It was €30 euros in a taxi to get there from the airport (at about 11pm). Free wifi only in the morning at breakfast. And then €10 for a transfer back to the airport.
It did save making it an even later night for my 4yo, however I think otherwise I would have braved the journey into milan late at night (about an hour, €10 each).
Good rooms, park outside them if you're driving, friendly service.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in April 2013. Big problems with Wifi. Room very old but clean. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was ok. Surroundings of the hotel, there is nothing. But worth of money, anyway. Biggest problem for a business traveller is that one cannot trust the internet connection here. Which is probably the most important thing for me.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Odense, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

No frills,okay for one night before an early flight.
Breakfast from 7.
Noisy water system,can hear neighbours toilet/shower.
There is a small plaza with a restaurant/bar 5min walk from the hotel.
Airport a 15min drive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kavala, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

A simple clean hotel offering comfortable accommodation very close to Malpensa airport. It is Ideal for an overnight stay when flying. Exceptionally good value. Taxi drivers are not keen to take you from the airport to the hotel but the hotel offers a private car service from the motel to Malpensa airport for 10 Euro.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed here in March 2007. Not too bad rooms although our whole party were moved to different (identical) rooms not long after we arrived. We arrived on a Monday and the whole of Lonate Pozzolo was closed, but the manager took us to a nice restaurant in the next town.

As the town was closed we had to drink in hotel (Footy trip Liverpool v Inter) but the bar ran out of drink and we were all in bed by 11.00pm!!

Next morning breakfast was substantial and rooms were clean.

Manager was great and drove us to and frorm the airport

Room Tip: Don't go on a monday, if you do sort out a dinner beforehand
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

When we got to the motel, the manager was very nice, copied our passports, etc. There were some very nice aspects of the room, such as new drapes and bedspread, but there were some very outdated qualities. The room was not secure. The doors were a "plastic blend" that did not lock securely, and the emergency exit door was in the back of the room, which we could not even open.

As we were sitting on the bed and talking, we noticed a couple of ants walking across the bedspread. We thought nothing of it and just wiped them off. I then decided to take a shower, which was fine, until I used the hair dryer. I took the hose and turned it on, and little black bugs started flying out of the hose! They were dead, and were all over my hair and clothes. I just cleaned it up (it was the night before Easter, I knew we were not getting another room in another motel), and washed my hair again. Then my husband took a shower. As he was showering, I was in bed trying to relax, when, to my surprise, I heard someone fumbling with our door, trying to open it with a key! I started to yell, and they did not stop until my husband came out of the shower and told them to stop. They apologized and went into the room next door. I was pretty shaken up by that, but tried to go to sleep. My husband decided that he was not going to sleep, especially after that unintentional break-in and flimsy security. A few minutes later, as I was lying down, I felt something crawling on my shoulder. Again, it was an ant. I decided to take another shower. Then I tried to sleep again. A little while later, my husband woke me up and said, "I think you better stand up." We both stood up and removed both head pillows and under them were about a thousand ants crawling on the bed. At this time it was 3:00 am. I took another shower, got dressed, and we sat in the chairs until 5:00 am when the office opened. We asked if we could have the car service as soon as possible, and were able to get out of there by 5:45 am. It definitely reminded me of that movie Vacancy.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lonate Pozzolo hotels

Manhattan Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

Of course we are all looking for an economical place to stay near the airport that is clean and friendly and just easy. If you don't expect frills, this motel is perfect.

The bottom line is:

- Very friendly staff
- Very close to the airport
- The don't have a shuttle *from* the airport, but it's an 8-minute cab ride (I paid less than 10 euro)
- They do have a shuttle to the airport (well, a Mercedes wagon) that will take you to the airport the next morning at autobahn speeds in perfect comfort
- They have free wireless internet in the lobby
- Rooms are clean, comfortable, and there are trees and grass around - kind of nice
- A simple, good breakfast is included.
- English-speaking, no surprise fees or other surprises

Book on expedia or similar for simple, clean, nice airport accommodations. Oh, and they will order you pizza up to 9pm or so, or make you a sandwich after that.

For those from USA, this is like a "Tom Bodett" Motel 6, with rooms a bit nicer and bigger.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Airport Motel Malpensa? Share your experiences!