“Wonderful again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Media Luna B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colmenar
Casa Media Luna B&B
You added Casa Media Luna B&B to your Saves list
Lagares de Galan, 29170 Colmenar, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Colmenar B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tadcaster, United Kingdom
“Wonderful again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a week last year and we had such a wonderful time we decided to come again. And we're so glad we did. We wondered if it would have the same magic second time around but the villa and the views were as stunning as we remembered. Also Erika's food was again superb, and the hospitality of Erika and Ken is just great. Not forgetting too Bridie & Paddy who's tricks kept us well enternained. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed here last year, and were keen to return. This time we knew how friendly and efficient Ken and Erika are, so I requested more of an assisted holiday for my mother who had mobility difficlties. This specialist service was new for them, but Erika was her normal efficient self, and they researched mobility scooters, access to various days out and trips, restaraunts etc. They made a FAB "menu pricing" system for us so we could budget, and we decided to go for a fully assisted package so we were escorted everywhere. This took the uncertainty of travelling in a strange place where I am afraid that i do not speak the language.
Ken actually rode the scooter right into the airport, so my mum could go straight from the efficient assistance provided by them and be independently travelling straight away. She beat us both to the car, where the floding scooter could be stowed into the boot. The trips were well planned and flexible, we did as much or as little as we wanted. I even had a tango lesson or two.
One night I wanted to go dancing in Malaga, but mum wanted to prepare for the flight home, even this was no problem, Erika stayed with mum and Kent took me Tango dancing.
The food was great, the company even better, the security of an assisted holiday made the trip for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Brilliant place! This must be the best B & B in Colmenar and the scenery is idyllic!! … I stayed at Casa Media Luna for 12 nights in October as a solo traveller and was very impressed. The room was very nice, clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed and well equipped en suite. I slept extremely well every night, very quiet place. Ideal if you want to get away from the pressures of work. I was warmly greeted on arrival and made to feel very welcome straight away. The hosts, Ken and Erika, are wonderfully attentive and helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed their company. Erika will cook you fantastic, tasty but healthy meals. Breakfast on the terrace was always very copious and I enjoyed the beautiful mountain scenery. I had excellent warm and sunny weather throughout my stay. There is a lovely swimming pool. Two well behaved and friendly dogs, Paddy and Bridie, will also make you feel welcome.

During my stay I took Argentine tango lessons in the beautiful dance studio with a new wooden floor and these were better than I imagined as Ken and Erika are excellent teachers and true professionals. The lessons were well organised and I liked the way the moves were explained. At the end of my stay I could see the substantial progress I had made in 12 days. We attended some great milongas in Marbella and in Malaga and I enjoyed all the dancing. It was really fun! Thank you Erika and Ken!!

To all of you out there who wish to learn (or improve) Argentine Tango in Europe in a nice dedicated setting , this is the place… and if you do not dance the tango you can still enjoy a wonderful holiday. I recommend very highly Casa Media Luna and their charming hosts! I certainly intend to go back in the future!!

Celine Baker

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
CasMediaLuna, Owner at Casa Media Luna B&B, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you for a lovely review. It was our pleasure to have you stay here with us.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Can only confirm all the very positive reviews already posted. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable time with Ken and Erica ensured by their capacity to strike the right balance between being attentive and respecting one's personal space. Erica provided us with good advice and maps for local walks, restaurant recommendations etc. We did a couple of milongas with them and Celine the other guest, as well as a fun night in one of the local bars! A wholehearted recommendation from us.

Paul and Patricia

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Rooms were comfortable and clean with wifi, the pool was beautiful and refreshing and to wake up to such spectacular views was the biggest bonus. Why not throw in a tango lesson or 2 with a dance studio and experienced teachers!

Room Tip: I believe there are 2 rooms with a shared bathroom, if you prefer privacy check if your room has the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We were looking for some much needed R&R and Casa Media Luna provided the perfect retreat. Ken and Erika are fabulous hosts - warm, accommodating, friendly, and they pay attention to every detail to make you feel well looked after. The food was so good that we felt no need to go out (except to milongas) and enjoyed the pool and terraces and panoramic views to the full. On top of all this, they are wonderful tango dancers and teachers, accompanying us to milongas and providing the much needed private lesson I'd been looking for for a while. I'm pretty sure we'll be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We had the most wonderful time at Casa Media Luna with Ken and Erika.

Not only is it the most beautiful villa in a stunning location, but also a superbly welcoming atmosphere. They made us incredibly welcome; nothing was too much trouble – from the fantastic food to driving us to the local Milongas (freestyle Tango).

As novice Tango dancers we found them to be excellent teachers. They were thorough, but kind and encouraging, and we would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

We expected to meet two good dancers and teachers but didn’t, they were in fact two exceptionally talented dancers and teachers! In addition to this we came away with four great new friends, Ken, Erika and their two lovely dogs, Paddy and Bridie.

Laura and Will.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Media Luna B&B? Share your experiences!