“Excellent service, nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio

You added Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio to your Saves list
Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Szechenyi u 20 | Budapest Airport, Vecses 2220, Hungary   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vecses
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent service, nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We could spend two nights in this hotel, where the personnel was very friendly, the room was beautiful and clean, the services were excellent! I had my first sauna-seance here and I really enjoyed it! I like this mediterrean style, the warm colours which make you feel like home :-).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hungarian first
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had a 6:30 am flight out of Budapest and there are essentially two airport hotels from which to choose. Although the Stacio is one mile farther than the other hotel, we chose this one because the TripAdvisor reviews were better. What we did not know beforehand was that the Stacio is located in a somewhat dubious residential neighborhood and there is nothing nearby while the other hotel is located in a major shopping area. There is an unattractive and undeveloped area adjacent to the hotel and we were not sure how safe it was to walk around the residential neighborhood, but within the hotel property the grounds are pleasant. The Stacio is a "wellness and fitness / conference hotel" but because we were there for only one night, we did not take advantage of the indoor pool or fitness center.

The Stacio offers free shuttle to/from the airport... but here is where we had a bad experience. Two days prior to our arrival, the Stacio sent a note to my husband's email address telling us they were looking forward to our arrival and that if we needed anything, we should contact them by phone or email. We replied to the Stacio's email via my husband's email address asking how we should arrange for the shuttle pick-up from the airport. We heard nothing from them. When we arrived at the airport, there was no courtesy phone to contact the airport and the person at the tourist info booth told us to take a taxi and that we would be reimbursed. Upon check-in, we asked the desk clerk if we would be reimbursed the $10 (2000 forints) for the taxi ride and she said no, because we did not make prior arrangements for a shuttle pick-up. We said we sent email asking how to arrange for the shuttle but never received a reply. In checking her files, she responded that they had attempt five times to send email to my (the wife's) email address but that each time their email note was rejected. I checked my email and spamblocker and did not receive any of the alleged emails. Hubby and I were perplexed...and even more so the day after we departed the hotel because in my husband's email account was a note thanking us for staying at their hotel. How bizarre is that!?! Minus one star. While at the counter during check-in, we arranged for a shuttle to take us to the airport at 4:30 am.

We were given a room on the first level which had a shared balcony with two or three other rooms. Because of the shared balcony, we had to close the black-out drapes so that people could not peer into the room. We did not feel comfortable leaving the door which opens on to the shared balcony ajar at night so the room was hot and stuffy. The room décor is dark -- brick/maroon-colored walls and dark wood -- with not enough lighting to brighten the room. Lights are available on each side of the bed, but they are low-wattage lights. A positive aspect of the room was that I had requested an extra blanket (because of poor circulation) and there were three comforters on the bed. On the writing desk were two complimentary chocolate-covered cherries which was a welcome touch.

The bathroom was a good size, not nearly as spacious as the other hotels we stayed in on this trip, but larger than many European hotels. The shower worked well, and amenities included generous offerings of shampoo, shower gel, and body lotion, as well as hair dryer. The bathroom had good, bright lighting.

Since we had to get up at 3:45 am, we had an early dinner at the hotel restaurant (5:00 pm). Again, because of the hotel's location, there was no other choice but to eat at the restaurant. Fortunately, we enjoyed a very good meal at the restaurant and our server was efficient, friendly, and professional. We sampled the Goulash soup and sweet potato with shrimp soup, both of which were delicious, and shared the ample and fresh Greek salad. For our main entrée, we had sliced chicken breast with potato pancakes and pan fried perch, both of which were well prepared. Prices, as to be expected, were slightly higher than places we ate at in Budapest, but given that we were happy and satisfied with our selections, the cost was not an issue.

In terms of sleep quality, the bed was comfortable. It is too bad that our room was in the same corridor as the group of young students who were staying at the hotel. We could hear loud. boisterous, and adolescent conversations, doors slamming, and running up and down the corridor until one in the morning. Minus the second star.

As requested, we got our wake-up call at 3:45 AM. We completed the check-out process at 4:15 AM leaving us with about 15 minutes to grab a quick cup of coffee. It's too bad we did not have enough time to sit down for a leisurely breakfast. The buffet had various cereals (I grabbed a bowl of muesli), yogurt, breads, jams, sliced meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, juices and a coffee machine where one could select regular coffee, espresso, cappuccino, etc. We did not check to see what was in the hot trays.

Our 4:30 am shuttle arrived promptly and we were at the airport in about 10-15 minutes.

Some good and some bad aspects -- hence, three stars. Had it not been for the first shuttle snafu, and the loud group of students at night, we would have given the hotel a higher rating.

Room Tip: For privacy, request room that does not share a balcony with other rooms. For sleep quality, reques...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Always a challenge when you are organizing a corporate event for your high maintanance colleagues in a hotel that you dont know from you own experience....
Hotel Stacio was a great surprise!Stacio is an amazing hotel, with a friendly athmosphere, helpful personel, and great Hungarian food. The nice pictures you see are the reality. I highly recommend this hotel also as a nice place for a weekend wellness stay. The hotel has a fancy spa area with a fairly big pool.
Absolute satisfaction. Good to know, it is a dog friendly hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I travel across Europe every single week, I stay in hotels of all shapes and sizes with lots to offer and some not so.

I can honestly say this has been one of the most depressing stays in my career, not a good first impression of Hungarian hospitality.

STAFF ; ONE girl on reception was helpful, given the fact I encountered 20 odd over a weeks stay...not great. They are rude, unhelpful, lazy and have poor communication skills. Considering the location is near an airport which is ideal for business trips the level of English spoken is abysmal and often you are sniggered at before being abandoned with no help!

ROOMS: clean yes I will give it that but I stayed for 4 nights and they cleaned my room only once?? The bathroom is disgusting, the water smells like sewage everytime the tap is turned on. The rooms are like saunas with dreadful A/C and the windows open to a ledge where anyone can climb on then kill you in your sleep!

FOOD: I have never ever experienced such poor quality in my life. Dry, grey meat. Dry salads. Poor breakfast selection. The menu is too varied which means most dishes are pre cooked and heated for you...I ate only twice (one lunch and one dinner) both occasions my order was wrong.

I did not sleep, I did not eat, I couldn't work properly and have never been so emotionally overwhelmed by a hotel. It is in no way deserving of 4 stars...

I appreciate some have enjoyed it here from previous reviews and this is no exaggeration by any means. Just terrible.

• Stayed February 2014
stacio, Manager at Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear HRguy2014,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on TripAdvisor.

STAFF: We are dedicated to always provide the best quality and services to our guests. All members of our staff have years of experience in tourism, and all of them speak at least one but some of them even two languages, but I think what is more important, that we are always ready to give any help needed to our guests.

ROOMS: Maids change towels and do the daily cleaning every day in each room unless they see a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. The balcony windows/doors have folding window position as well, so there is no need to let the windows/doors wide open, so nobody can surprise you during your sleep. During winter time we are heating the rooms, every guest has a different need of heat. The temperature can be set individually in each room.

FOOD: I am really sorry that you had so much problem with the menu in the restaurant. Most of our guests has a good or even better opinion about the quality of the food, the wide choice has never been a problem before.

All in all we are sorry that the stay with us was such a terrible experience for you, that is why I do not understand why you did not come to the reception to mention these problems during your 4 nights stay. I am sure that we would have been able to help you make your stay nicer.
Vecses, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

great hotel,
my wedding was organised there.
Friendly employees,
excellent rooms, with all you need in it
Perfect Wellness experience
very good food
What else do you need?
Oh yeah the price is under average! So the best price and quality in the market...

Room Tip: room 124 perfect
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Free pick up and drop off from airport.
Clean rooms with free WiFi.
Restaurant good dispite slow service.
Large tray of Eggy bread for breakfast must be the best thing ever in a hotel delicious !!! YUM

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My biggest complaint which completely ruined my stay was the fact that management decided to book two weddings and it was very very clear that they simply don't have the banquet facilities. The staff was rude and it literally was comical at dinner as they shut down the lobby for one of the wedding receptions. We could not even communicate with one another it was so loud..

Room Tip: Don't stay here. They are not competent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
stacio, Manager at Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Lee B,

Thank you for letting us know your oppinion about our services. Every guest's comment helps us improve our services. We are really sorry, that you had such a bad experience in our hotel.

It is true that during the summer we have weddings almost every weekend, and the music can be disturbing to some of our guests durnig dinner time. Weddings always take place in the restaurant on the ground floor in the front buliding, while our hotel guests can have dinner on the gallery separately, and they are always lodged in the other part of the building, which results complete silence in their rooms. We always try to give the same high standard service to both wedding and hotel guests. Hotel guests are always pre-informed about weddings.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to prove that a stay in Hotel Stáció can be relaxing and enjoyable.

Been to Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio? Share your experiences!