“Excellent airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio

You added Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio to your Saves list
Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Szechenyi u 20 | Budapest Airport, Vecses 2220, Hungary   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vecses
Haifa, Isreal
“Excellent airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A great airport hotel with excellent facilities for a very fair price. We were pleasantly surprised with its tranquility, so close to Budapest airport. The room was spotlessly clean, comfortable, pleasant and quiet. The food was good and the staff was efficient and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
stacio, Director of Sales at Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear ATraveler65,

Thank you for your kind review. A warm welcome back anytime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Has excellent facilities that one expects from an airport hotel. There are two rooms: a good-sized living room and are rather cramped bedroom. The staff were competent and the breakfast offerings very good. It provides free shuttle service to and from the airport and is a 10 minute walk (on sidewalks) from a major contemporary-style shopping centre. The only downside was the sewer gas smell in our room. I don't know how general this was but it certainly needs to be rectified.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Absolutely fantastic hotel, great facilities, the wellness centre is just dreamy. We loved the room and the restaurant's charm too. The gardens are great with a lovely pond filled with koi and terrapins. It is based near the airport, with a great shopping centre nearby with Hypermarkets and Outlets. We shall be returning for sure.

However, we had an issue with a neighbouring guest being unacceptably loud in a "vulgar" way, which disturbed our family and woke up our young child who became very scared of the particular noise - at 1.30 AM!!! Although we let it go on for an hour, as you are only young once, I had to then phone reception to contact the room on the phone and ask them to tone it down a bit! Unfortunately, they did nothing. I had to bang on the walls, then after 2 hours, at 3.30 AM I went out and banged on their door in person. Things then quietened down.

Next morning when I explained this to reception (even though I explained in their own language) they said they were not responsible what people did in their room, which is fair. However, if someone's "activity" disturbs the others' peace, reception should have acted to sort things out. This is what's called customer service. They did not even try. I was quite disappointed with their non-action.

My review that would have been 5 stars otherwise - but customer service was a let-down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
stacio, Manager at Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear S O,

Thank you for your kind words left on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure for us to get such a wonderful feedback of the hotel's facilities. However I was disappointed to hear about your long and problemfull night.
I am really sorry that the inappropriate behaviour of the other guests overshadowed your stay. That is really unacceptable, that something like this could happen in our hotel. I would like to thank you for sharing this review with us, as all of our guests' oppinion is really important to us, they help us realize our possible shortcomings.
I hope that this bad experience will not keep you from returning to Hotel Stacio and that next time you can experience the high quality of our services. We are looking forward to welcome you back.
Wisbech, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Arrived on business this was a good base hotel. Good food and pleasant staff. Rooms to a good standard. Some good facilities. Location in residential area so fairly quiet. Good hotel for regular business users.

• Stayed September 2013
Tirgu Mures, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We needed to spend one night on Budapest Airport, between two flights. This was our second stay at this hotel. It is one of the closest to the airport. First time we had stayed in the front wing, but this time there was a wedding party going on in the restaurant so we were given a room in the back wing (this was fortunate, as there was loud music coming from the party). Room is big enough, bed comfy. Hotel is not that well soundproofed, so we could hear our neighbours upstairs. Breakfast was good. There s a free shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
stacio, Manager at Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear obsessedbytravelling,

I would like to thank you for sharing your oppinion on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you were satisfied with our services and the comfort of the room. I hope that we can welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere but only 10 minutes away from the airport, and provides a free shuttle, this is exactly what we needed. If you are on sightseeing trip to Budapest, this is not a good location for you. There is also an OK shopping mall near by, and a grocery store, fast food restaurants, etc. The hotel looks great, and it's clean. The restaurant, food and service was great. My only complaint is that they advertise it as a spa-hotel but I couldn't sign myself up for anything, no haircut, no manipedi, no nothing, not this day, or next, or even after that, and I only had one day available. I tried to get a massage, and they didn't have masseuse available, they don't actually have staff there all the time, they have to call them in. So much for spa. And one of the reasons we rented it because of that. I would recommend booking an appointment several days or even a few weeks prior to your arrival. They use some strange cooling system that doesn't cool anything off, I mean there are no AC's in the rooms, and summers are hot in Budapest so be aware! Great pool though! I would stay in this hotel again without hesitation. Very nice people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Marketed as an airport hotel, this property is destined to disappoint from the word go. Location wise, it's tucked away at the end of a residential block - next to an overgrown field. Look closely and wild dogs roam the grass. If you don't see them, you'll hear them from about 11pm each night.

I stayed here with work so didn't have a choice. The room was small and had no curtains - only a see thru shutter, fitted to the outside. As the rooms all open up on to a shared balcony, it's not the safest, most secure nights sleep I've ever had!

The restaurant is 'ok' - you dine there as there's no where else within walking distance.

The staff were surly to say the least. I've tried to think of positives - but don't recall any.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with curtains?
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
stacio, Manager at Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Ste_Jay2012,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review to TripAdvisor about our hotel. All reviews are important to us and help us improve our services. I was sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the hotel and our services. Most of our guests enjoy the rural positon of the hotel and says that it is a green oasis, which is at the same time is less than 10 minutes drive from the airport of Budapest. I am sorry that you did not tell us your comments during your stay, therefore we could not help you solve them. All of our single rooms' size meet the requirements of a 4 star superior hotel, and all of them has drapes or shutters on the windows to completely darken the room. Some of our rooms share a balcony with other rooms, which is perfect for families, or groups but not so suitable for buisness visitors. We have rooms without balcony, and rooms with separate balcony as well.
I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and will have a chance to prove you the real Hotel Stacio experience.

Been to Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio? Share your experiences!